The Floodlands flood
1 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Finley

she was in search of water. the summer's heat was not yet in full swing, but it was fast-approaching. Her lips were dry and her tongue seemed intent upon gluing itself to the roof of her mouth. 

Cress eventually found herself loping upstream of a large creek, unable to help but notice that the banks were beginning to overflow. this did not surprise her; often the snowmelt from the mountains at higher elevations caused this to happen. what did catch the young woman off guard, however, was the growing overflow, water spilling beyond the banks of the creek and overflowing in large pools to its left and right.

she had discovered water, to be sure. picking one of the smaller pools of the floodlands, the red-and-cream furred female lowered  her snout to the pool and began to take a long, quenching drink.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
hey there! I couldn't figure out how to get Fin this far West, so I brought ya the next best thing ;)

When Liffey found herself growing overwhelmed with all that was happening in her life, she took to the Wilds. Her kids were still angry, her daughter still wild, her new home still new and unfamiliar to her. But she found peace by stepping outside and losing herself in new places, and the Hinterlands were full of those. This area was almost entirely undiscovered by her still, and starting today, she was going to change that little by little.

The Spring had been a rainy one, so Liffey wasn't surprised to see the land here so saturated. The day was a warm one, though, so she wasn't too fussed by the dampness that was steadily climbing up her legs and soaking the fur on her stomach. She was busy watching the dragonflies when she realized quite suddenly that she was actually approaching another wolf. She froze then, immediately going to war with her more timid nature which wanted her to avoid. But Liffey was an alpha now, and it was time to turn over a new leaf. It was time to be better.

"Hello!" Liffey called, fixing a smile upon her muzzle as she moved to close the distance between them.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~