Nova Peak Testing The Waters.
Big Man, Walking In The Park
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
All Welcome 

The large man carefully placed his paws in smooth areas, with his experience on rough terrain he knew he must watch where he steps. His coal tipped paws were guiding the rest of his body around the peak. When he reached his destination or at least a safe smooth spot, he craned his head forward and fixed his body stance to be a proud figure as the wind picked up his fur and tossed it around. The man did not stir, his emerald eyes glanced around his surroundings, making a note about every little thing. Connor was observing how well this terrain held him, his strong stance never creaked. 

However, he felt as though this place did not suit him, he will most likely never be satisfied at where he is. The male always strived for more, he slowly inhaled the cool air that whipped around him and exhaled as his outcoming breath warmed his nostrils. He then folded his hind legs into a sitting position while shifting his front a little to get more comfortable. Connor carefully moved his tail to wrap neatly around his paws, his gaze was scanning around him with only slight head movement.

565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Someone was on her mountain.

Well, okay.  It wasn't hers yet, and she didn't care about it overly much.  This place was temporary at best.  But he was both a potential adversary and possible recruit, so Kiwi watched him carefully from afar as he walked.

A moment later, she decided, and began to walk forward to meet him, head lifted.

Who are you, and what are you doing here? She asked, as usual passing over the pleasantries.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger

The male closed his eyes for a moment, he felt his home around him, the wind had summoned sounds from the mountain that made him feel at ease. However, the moment was short-lived as the breeze had carried someone's scent over to his nose which made him flash his eyes open. The large man remained calm though and slowly turned his body to face the female that stood before him.

This stranger had asked him who he was and what was he doing here to which this question rose alarm to him. I didn't think others were here, from my understanding I figured it was neutral but I guess not. Connor's emerald green gaze met hers, he made sure he was as calm as he could be, "I apologize, my nose must be failing me for I had no idea that this was wolf territory," he said simply, "and my name is Connor," he finished with a dip of his head to show some form of respect.

565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She was fully expecting this guy to act like the last had and dismiss her offhand.  If he had, she'd likely have defensively bristled.  Instead, he apologized, and the smaller wolf was soothed into nodding.

In progress, she replied, allowing that he was probably being honest.  With so few to mark they hadn't been able to officially claim quite yet, but she was optimistic.  I'm building a pack here, and we could use some more members.  She eyed him, not bothering to hide the fact that she was scoping him.  Interested in joining?
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger

His plan to ensure the smaller wolf that he was no threat seemed to work, his muscles relaxed and he rested his ears a bit, "oh so it is in progress, so I assume that this will be a potential territory for your pack." He replied, but he felt like he had no time to think at all and she was quick to note that they were recruiting members and flat out asked him if he wanted to join. Connor needed to process all of this, first of all, he barely knew this young girl and she didn't even give him her name.

The large male's eyes blinked a bit rapidly and he kept his emerald green eyes focused on her, "oh um, if I am going to be honest, I am not ready to join a pack, but if it makes you feel better I will think about it." he reassured her but it was his honest answer, but he wanted to know what this potential pack would be like, "tell me about your pack, the more I know, the better," he chuckled.

565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Hmph.  She didn't know what to make of that.  How could a wolf not be ready to join a pack?  What was it worth just wandering alone with no real purpose?  She was so goal oriented that the idea did not appeal at all, and she wondered somewhat snidely if he was lazily shirking pack life because he didn't want to contribute.

I don't care, but figured I'd give you a chance if you were looking, she said, putting a slight emphasis on chance to show she in no way was begging him to join.  We are going to be strong and only have members willing to work towards being the best.  This place is home for now, but soon, we will take back the cliffs. 

It didn't occur to her that she should introduce herself, since the most important detail she'd already shared was that she intended to lead.  She might eventually learn that a touch of personality was needed to recruit... or she might not.  Who knew?
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor frowned a bit since he thought his question was harmless enough but he should have expected less. He noticed the emphasis on the word chance, to this Connor took a suspicion but he didn't show it, instead, he remained polite to her. However, what did raise alarm for him was that she mentioned that her potential pack was going to be strong with members and how they will eventually take the cliffs. The large man got a bit wary since in his mind, she was becoming power hungry and to him, that was a danger, but he again remained respectful.

Connor dipped his head once again, "well I hope that it goes well for you," he commented, "and I am sorry for not being much use to you, I will carry on and leave you to your pack formation." Connor gave one last polite glance as he began making his exit, he went around her since he was on a cliff and he wasn't just going to jump off, he then began making his way down the mountain, he didn't look back as he left the female in peace.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi shrugged ambivalently.  Your loss, she responded.  Who knew if they'd even need him when he came back? She planned on recruiting as many quality wolves as she could and was still (naively) optimistic on how well this endeavor would go.

She shook her head as she watched him go and also turned around.  Probably for the best; seemed like a pretty weird dude to her.  She had nothing to base that on outside the fact that he'd turned her down, but that in itself was enough for her.