Ankyra Sound Now I’m out of prison, I got me a friend at last
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
aw but tagging @Kaertok to pop in!

There was no discouraging Raleska of her plan, once she had made her mind. She would go and find her mother, whether she was alive or— her throat hitched and she shook away that grim thought, though in her heart she still believed Vercingetorix had done the unspeakable. 

She wanted to say her farewells first to @Rosalyn and @Erzulie - she had no idea how long this expedition would take her, and would miss them both on the road. Swinging towards their den, Raleska kept an eye out for the pale specter she had accepted into Rusalka a week before. Now would be his chance to prove his mettle to the girl (and by default, Rusalka). Much as she believed she was capable of going alone, she did not want to be ambushed — Raleska thought it perfectly possible there were Dragedan sentries in the wild.. after all, where else had that entire pack gone off to?
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Kaertok had become Raleska's white shadow since he had come to this pack. No others had captured him the way she had, and even her brother, the impromptu alpha, had yet to gain his respect. He was not far behind Raleska when she headed toward the mothers' den. Sungiwok caught up easily, long limbs carrying his heft with ease. He wasn't quite sure what to make of the account that Vercingetorix had told, but it had been clear that Raleska did not believe him. For that reason alone, Kaertok was wary of the account, too.

As for killing children, Kaertok did not shy away from such a thing. The Tartok wolves had always been a brutal bunch, and he was no different. Whether killing an enemy's brood or culling their own, sometimes it had to be done.

Something about Raleska's expression when he approached was different, and he had a feeling she was up to something. What do you plan to do? he asked, falling in line beside her as she moved toward the mothers' den.
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska’s slim ear canted back as she heard Kaertok emerge behind her. Instinctively her gait slowed, allowing him the opportunity to match her stride. Raleska had not been oblivious to her pale comrade’s habits, having caught sight of him lingering occasionally. Raleska, of course, approved of such attentions — though she would never outwardly show it. 

Prompted by the male to share her plans, Raleska cast a wary eye about her to make sure Vercingetorix was not near before confiding: I plan to go find her, to find the truth. It is not like her to not return... She bit her lip for a split second but realized that action betrayed her emotions; quickly, that old stoicism returned to her features. Would you like to come along?
at times unbearably so.
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Cameo, feel free to get him involved if you want! Otherwise he's on his way out

This pack was full of spirit. Drama that he had no interest in - not knowing the players and their history made it easy to ignore. He held no role in this, no job, and so he continued on his usual saunter through Rusalka lands. In and out of the borders, marking what he passes by to ensure he was seen doing something for the pack - they had very few trespassers, none from what he found. 

So the only excitement he found was within the pack and whatever was going on with the previous leader, with which he has never met before. Speaking of which.

Two figures spoke in the distance. Raleska and one other that he didn't know anything about. Catching only a couple words here and there, he put two and two together that they were off to find the previous Alpha. At least from what he could gather from these words, and the happenings from the gathering a while ago regarding the previous Alpha and the dark companion. 

Standing for a moment to watch, gathering somewhat of an understanding - unless he was called in to join on their conversation, Vengeance was off to find something to eat. As per usual.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Kaertok didn't know what was or wasn't like her mother to do. He had gathered that her father was no longer in the picture, but why that had come to pass, he had not figured out (yet). He found it odd that her brother had not seized the opportunity to go search for her, but perhaps he was not the searching type. Perhaps he was weak. Only time would tell.

The Theta's eyes flitted briefly to Vengeance, whom he'd only met in passing, then back to Raleska. Yes, he replied. Does Illidan know you are going? If not, Kaertok would not bother mentioning that he would be accompanying her. It wasn't unlike Kaertok to go off on scouting trips, so his absence likely wouldn't cause immediate suspicion. If so, he would inform the alpha that he was going along to provide support for Raleska.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn did not approve of the newcomer's attentions towards Raleska, and the way he followed irked her some.  If she wished to use his seeming interest to her advantage, then the pirate would not interfere.  Still, in her estimation, no man measured to her protege, nor would they likely ever.

She met the group a ways out and noticed the shadow in the distance.  It seemed these new men were a nosy bunch, and her lip curled with distaste at it.  This newfound scorn had afflicted her some before, but the events of the past few months had amplified it, and now she trusted no man farther than she could toss them, save perhaps Illidan.  He was young yet though.  Perhaps he would learn to disappoint them.

She ignored Kaertok completely and honed in on Raleska.  Assuming she knew something of their plans (if not I'll adjust) she looked at her intently.  You are going?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska did not miss the looming form that lurked near them; like Kaertok, her gaze briefly rested on Vengeance, neither forbidding nor inviting his company. He had yet to prove he was an enemy, and so, if he wished to make himself useful or known, Raleska would not discourage it. As it was it appeared he was not attending their small meeting; Raleska nodded absently to Kaertok's question, filling in the silence with an afterthought. "Yes, he knows."

Any further conversation was cut short by Rosalyn's approach. Raleska met her with a dip of her muzzle and the fold of her ears, her tail sweeping fondly. If she noticed Rosalyn's disapproval of her white shadow, Raleska did not show it -- though part of her felt warmth for her russet comrade sweep through her belly. There would never be another wolf in Raleska's life that held a candle to Rosalyn -- she sought her mentor's gaze briefly, meaningfully, and nodded gravely. "Yes." She knew in her heart that there was a possibility Rosalyn would not bless her going -- but Raleska had to know for herself if Caiaphas was alive... or if Vercingetorix had done her in like she suspected.
at times unbearably so.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Feel free to tag me back in if you want/need to. :)

Good. That was one less thing he had to worry about. At least if Illidan knew, it would be easy to inform him that Kaertok planned to go along for the ride... whatever that happened to entail. Rosalyn approached, and Kaertok took a step back, letting the two of them hash out whatever they needed to amongst themselves. He would be here to support his muse however she wished, but for now, his place was merely in the background.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
this is so outdated I'm sorry! We can wrap it as quick as you want

Rosalyn indeed did not approve, but she also didn't understand.  She'd never had a parent in her life who was worth this, and to her summation, Caiaphas was not either.  She was hardly a mother to Raleska at all, and had most certainly made this bed herself.  She should deal with what followed.

I don't suppose I can convince you otherwise?  She sought confirmation.  Just don't get yourself into too much trouble on her behalf.  Sometimes even family don't deserve our full help.

If this lowered her protegee's opinion of her in any way, she would accept that.  For Erzulie and her children Rosalyn would give most everything, but you also had to consider the circumstances.  And if one of her children got themselves into trouble they couldn't handle, she wondered if she would be able to jeapardize the rest to take care of it.  She doubted so.
576 Posts
Ooc —
<3 I'm going to wrap up so I can have more room in my threadlog for new threads... but I'll tag you in my new one! <3

No, nothing would shake Raleska from her course. (Hah. Little did we know, Raleska would be shaken off-course in a matter of seconds, when Vercingetorix decided to upend the rule of her brother). She shook her head gravely, but a smile hung on her lips. Rosalyn, of all wolves, was right: it was just a shame Raleska was too young to see it.

"Don't worry -- I'll be back." Raleska promised, trying to keep her voice chipper despite the mounting anxiety she refused to allow to rear its head to the forefront. If anything, Raleska was resolute -- time would tell if this was good or a detriment to her health. Giving Rosalyn a quick nudge of affection, Raleska motioned for Kaertok and then moved off at a determined prowl. She intended to leave now, and knew not that a short distance away, trouble was brewing...
at times unbearably so.