Nova Peak we'll call you when we want pleated khakis.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
All Welcome 
Yami had zero intention of hunting her friend down to discuss her feelings about what she'd said. She had never been the type to actually face her issues, but to avoid them. And when that failed, just ignore their existence altogether. She was aiming for the latter with this one. Her desire to not be alone outweighed her desire to avoid the feeling of rejection she'd had when @Kiwi had said what she did. It had been so awful the last time and she didn't really want to take the time to explore which feeling was worse--that one or this one.

So! She ignored, and she distracted to make the ignoring easier.

The field on this side of the mountain was wide and grassy, just the way she liked her fields. It was also littered with the scent of rodents and other small game, which was also something she liked about it. That meant she could both run and hunt--two things she enjoyed doing AND was easily distracted by. It was a double whammy. So, that was how she had spent her morning, and she already had a rabbit and two voles tucked away in a cache she had dug on the field's Northern edge where the incline sharpened and turned rocky.

She had just turned away from burying the latter when she dipped her muzzle again, picked a scent to follow, and began to weave her way back into the grass to hunt it down. Ahh, distractions.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Nor was Kiwi the type to hunt anyone down and talk about feelings, especially when she was unaware there was a problem.  As was the case in... most cases.  In fact, it was likely Yami's avoidance would go completely unnoticed! But that wouldn't make for a very good thread, so we are going to say Kiwi probably needed something from her.

In fact, there was a herd she'd spotted below not too long ago, in the fields to the west of the mountain.  She wanted to get the pack they had so far together for a hunt and Yami was the first one whose trail she picked up.

Hey, Yami!! Up for a hunt!? She hollered as she came closer, oblivious to the fact that no, she probably wasn't.  At least, not with Kiwi.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Speak of the devil... Well, no. Devil isn't fair. Kiwi was essentially (read: literally) the only friend Yami had. Upset as she was about the callous way she had been treated, the yearling had no desire to risk the one constant she had in her life these days. So, swallowing her feelings and drama over what had happened a few days ago, Yami turned and smiled. 

"Always," she replied promptly, "That's actually what I've been doing all day, but just the little shit. You on the tail of something decent?" Yami had shifted her trajectory already to meet Kiwi, prepared to follow her wherever she lead. As usual.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Yeah! A herd, that way, she replied, nodding in the direction.  A few looked a little scraggly, and between the two of us, I bet we could handle it easy.  She wore the same ease of overconfidence that she always did, one that came more and more naturally.

Had any luck spotting any other wolves around? She asked after Yami (presumably) followed.  They had a little distance to cover and Kiwi wanted to know if her recruiting was going any better than her own.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami grinned, her excitement rising as Kiwi described what seemed like a pretty solid opportunity. She liked being successful, so the more likely it was, the better. She fell easily in line with her friend as she lead the way, voicing her agreement with a grin that mimicked Kiwi's confidence, "'Course we can."

At the question, Yami gave a little shrug. Their recruiting efforts were a bit of a.. disappointment. But only because Yami knew they were supposed to be actually gathering recruits, not because she really cared if anyone else joined them or not. "Not really. I think I might start venturing out a little further to see if I can dig anyone up," she answered, "This area doesn't seem too well populated."
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
closing this out!

It really didn't, so probably they'd have to go farther to find anyone. Kiwi had imagined it would be easier to find loyal wolves, but turns out, word of her amazing pack opportunity wasn't going to spread by itself. She'd have to go looking and she hated that.

Oh well: C'mon! Without waiting she took off, assuming with a wide smile that Yami would follow. Of course she would! They'd hunt and eat and make do just the two of them for now, until some others found out how awesome it would be to join in as well.