Greatwater Lake vii. you are well versed in rising from ash
166 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

Set adrift from the company of the reclusive northmen, the once Lady of Veltigar would set west into the unknown grasslands. Beyond the ranges of Sunspire she found the shores of a vast lake, beset by gentle wooded slopes, it was a most wonderful place for the weary to rest their head. 

Rhælla determined to make it her settlement for the night, tired by her journey over the mountains and conceding to the orange hale of duskfall. To the groves she would take, a flitting blackbird amongst the branches of brambles. 

The sweet tang of mulberry quenched her thirst and quieted the rumble of an empty stomach; yet, something more substantial was needed to still the gnaw of hunger chewing at her innards. 

A trail beckoned, perfumed by the delicate, mouth-watering scent of rabbit - drawing the nightwisp to pad after in hunt, dropping into a prowl as she tracked with mouth open.
"Even princesses and she-wolves bleed."
"Common." "Lirean."
ARISTOS
I like when life feels playful
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
PP of Connor is approved!

Loki and Connor had traveled East together over the few days since they met. Lokie found him to be a delight, and enjoyed the company immensely. He was a social wolf and too much of a solitary life would drive him crazy. When another, darker, wolf caught his eye, Lokie came to a stop, motioning for Connor to look. Hey, look! Another wolf! Let's go meet her! Lokie didn't wait for an answer before he zoomed in the direction of where the female took to the woods.

Lokie loved meeting strangers, and he never stopped to consider that the stranger didn't. He slowed down when he entered the trees, tracking the scent of the female as she hunted her prey, unbeknownst to him. His tail waved back and forth in excitement of meeting. Hello? he called out, not realizing he may just screw up her meal.
Your soul is infinitely creative. It is alive and expansive in nature.
It is curious and playful, changing with the tides of time.

Debbie Ford
Big Man, Walking In The Park
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
PP with Loki has also been approved!

Connor had just got acquainted with Loki, the male had been generous enough to invite him on his travels to which Connor jumped at that opportunity, he loved exploring new places and was curious to see what was around him. The pair had come across a dark colored female, to which Connor was a bit suspicious since he wanted to be a bit careful when approaching strangers since not all of them could be friendly like Lokie. The large man stopped alongside his new friend and placed his eyes on the female to which she seemed to be feasting on prey, he studied her movements, he didn't want to catch her by surprise. Connor wanted to make sure that this encounter would go smoothly so he turned to Loki, "now you seem pretty excited but I advi-" but before the man could finish his sentence, Loki raced off to meet the girl.

"that we go over to her calmly," he said with and an annoyed tone but he went over to Loki with a bit of haste as he wandered up beside Loki as he eagerly greeted her. Connor then dipped his head out of respect, "excuse my comrade," he began, "but he is just so eager to meet everyone that I think he forgot about personal boundaries," Connor teased in a light tone, as he gave a light shove to Loki's shoulder in good fun.
166 Posts
Ooc —
The pair had tracked the huntress at great distance, so that even her sensitive auds could not detect her unwitting spies. The dark fae had only just lowered into a predatory hunch, singular eye transfixed upon the grazing hare. 

Hunter, lend me stealth, she prayed silently as she prepared to pounce. 

A cry of greeting rang through the tree, followed by masculine voices and thudding footsteps. Her target disappeared into the brush as the exile whipped around, heart thudding despite herself. (It was not her fault really, it was not so long ago that the dark male attacked her.) 

Her star-dusted head tilted to the side slightly, tipping back to peer up at the taller men - lavender orb flickering between the two in shock. After a moment, the words seemed to register and the dark yearling shook her head slightly, collecting herself. 

"No need to apologise," she murmured graciously, "it's nice to meet you." 

"I'm afraid you did frighten away my dinner though," 
she smiled as she said it - so they would know it was only in jest. 

"Do you two like to fish?" The girl asked after a moment, wondering if perhaps they were as hungry as she.
"Common." "Lirean."
ARISTOS
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Connor tried to warn Lokie, but he was already off in search of his new friend, with no worries about what might happen if she didn't want to be found. Lokie, all pleasantly naive, assumed everyone wanted to meet him. And so, he set off, equally assured that Connor would follow.

He paused after he yelled out, not noticing the hare that escaped safely into its hole. His attention was on her, and his tail waved a friendly greeting as she responded in kind. Lokie gave a side glance and grin to Connor, a quiet way of saying See? I knew she'd be nice. 

He frowned when she informed them that they had cost her a meal. What a bad first impression he made! Smiling, he had no worries that he would make it up to her. Sure do! he said, answering for them both. We'd be glad to catch you some dinner! Lokie apparently didn't mind volunteering Connor for the mission, either. 

I think I heard a stream a little ways back, come on! he said to the pair, turning to lead the way. Once again, he forgot introductions needed to be made. See, when you thought everyone was already a friend, little things like knowing someone's name didn't seem important. At least on Lokie's part.

Debbie Ford
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor was surprised by the sudden welcome by the female, she said that they needn't apologize but Connor was the type to always apologize. The man didn't turn his head but his eyes laid upon Loki who was giving him an 'I told you so' type of smile to which he replied with by frowning and looking away from him. But he came back to a neutral face and looked back at the dark female as she said that they had frightened away her dinner. The muscular man gave a taunting glare at Loki, playfully implying that it was he who had scared off her pray and not Connor. But his victory was soon cut as Loki had volunteered the both of them to go and fetch her another meal for her to which Connor snapped his head towards Loki and scowled, "you kidding me?" He fiercely whispered, but his eyes widened as they set on the female who he had forgotten was there, he then snapped his head back to the female and returned he a big toothy grin.

"Well of course we can!" He said with fake glee, "I mean, it is clearly both of our responsibility for your misfortune with your prey that we will humbly accept," he continued with a smile but he eyed Loki when he put an emphasis on both. "Please, this way," he offered as he turned and followed Loki, the male didn't mind fishing, in fact, it was one of the many things he would do in the mountains. Fishing was key where he came from so he was well prepared to fish. Connor gave a playful glare at Loki as he followed him to the stream.
166 Posts
Ooc —
puzzled look rippled over her features, violet optic dancing between the two men as they argued. "That's quite chivralous but I assure you, I'm quite capable of catching my own meal," the onyx sylph corrected, not unkindly, as she padded after the duo. 

"I would welcome the company though," she smiled as she fell into step with the russet titan - trailing after the lanky, mousy boy as he forged a path to the stream. 

"I'm Rhælla," she introduced, loud enough for both to hear, "what are your names?" 
"Common." "Lirean."
ARISTOS
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Lokie was oblivious to any opposings that Connor might have to the duo catching the lady a meal that they had cost her. He didn't see them as individuals, he saw them together. So, they had made her miss meal, and they would catch one for her! Right? He didn't catch on to Connor's sarcasm, and instead accepted it as Connor was on board.

He led the way, but his ears swiveled to pick up on her words. Well, she seemed to want to catch her own meal, but Lokie might still try to grab a fish for her. Oh, I'm Lokie! And this, he added, his head motioning to Connor, is my buddy Connor! It came out like a second nature that he would call Connor his buddy, as he felt like they were best friends already. 

Lokie came to the edge of the stream, which seemed pretty quiet at the moment. He waded through up to his elbows, looking to the others to see if they were coming in or not.

Debbie Ford
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor's face was red with embarrassment as the female informed them that she can catch her own fish, his eye went all over the place as he tried to find the words to apologize with. "Well I didn't say that you couldn't I-I just thought it would be-be very uhm humble, and uh, kind of us to, make up for the mistake... We made." He turned his large head towards her as he tried his best to look sincere with his ears back in politeness, though, to his surprise, she didn't seem to mind. Connor turned his head back forward as he cleared his throat as they continued, the female then said she would enjoy the company which was to his relief, he would hate to offend anyone. The young female asked for their names, Connor was going to quickly reply but Loki beat him to it by introducing himself, then referring to Connor as his buddy which made him smile in appreciation.

He did catch the female's name to be Rhælla, as they continued onto the stream that they had sought for. Loki had arrived first and waited for them to arrive, Connor then stepped forward towards the lake and gave a nod to the both of them, his emerald gaze confident. "I will go first," he insisted since to him this was child's play, he lowered his large body down to the water with his elbows tucked under his stomach. Connor made sure he was focused and watched the current carefully, what then caught his eye was a fish. The sleek and silver creature was swimming peacefully, he knew he had to act quickly before it noticed him and he swiftly flashed his fangs as he dove his head into the water like a duck. He snapped his jaws around the fish successfully and ripped his head out of the water with sprinkles flying everywhere. He then made a swift kill just by clamping his jaws together like a bear trap, he then smiled at the pair with pride.

But his moment was short lived as a rouge fish leaped out of the water and gave him a great big smack to the back of his head with its tail fin to which at immediate contact Connor's eyes widened with shock and then fixed themselves to look incredibly confused. The muscular man with his fish in his jaws like an iron steel trap swung his head back towards the water and peered in it. He narrowed his gaze and flared his nose and gave a childish expression as he turned to the group and walked a little bit away from the shore. Connor put the dead fish down near Rhælla and stepped back, giving her the motion of letting her eat the prize he had caught, "see? Nothin' to it" he added with a smile as he turned his head to watch Loki's attempt.
166 Posts
Ooc —
"That's alright," she repeats in reassurance, really, she's got no problem catching prey for herself. "It's nice to meet you both," she adds as names are revealed. 

The shadow lingered behind the pair, watching as the two took to water. The northron slipped into the depths herself, gliding downstream from her company to still, calm waters - though still remaining within their sight. 

The flickering form of a fish would eventually glide into reach, drawing the Seelie's keen eye. She leapt, jaws closing around scales and crushing, ceasing the flopping motions of the trout. 

Dripping, Rhæ pulled herself from the creek, shaking the diluge from her pelt with care not to spray either male as she rejoined Connor on the banks. 

"Not so hard," the she-wolf agreed with a grin.
"Common." "Lirean."
ARISTOS
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Lokie didn't pay any attention to the stumbling conversation that was happening behind him. He was too excited about going fishing! Connor announced he was going to go first, and Lokie was as patient as he could be as he waited, not moving in fear he would scare the fish off. Connor was successful, and then Rhaella was up next. She caught one, too. Lokie was no stranger to fishing, and had no doubt whatsoever that he would catch one. 

So, he set himself up to wait, his eyes watching the water intently for the one fish that would pass just close enough for his jaws to grab it. When one did, Lokie dove for it. Unfortunately, his front paws slipped on the smooth rocks at the bottom of the river, and he caught nothing but water as it rushed over him. He came up sputtering and it took a moment for him to grab his footing again. He looked at the others with a goofy grin, soaked in water dripping from his fur, and feeling no shame at all.

Debbie Ford
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor's head followed Rhælla as she seemed to not bother with the meal he had just caught her. The man yet again felt hot with embarrassment as she went to go catch her own fish with the stream. The she-wolf had been careful with her timing and had caught the fish successfully as he did, she had the fish clamped in her jaws as she shook her fur to dry herself which sprayed Connor but he didn't mind. She then went up to him and told him what he told her that fishing wasn't so hard to which Connor was starting to feel guilty for making her feel like that she had to prove to them that she could handle herself. "You are very capable of handling yourself, I must sincerely apologize," he smiled genuinely, though he felt like he was apologizing a lot.

His attention turned to Loki, who had begun his attempt at catching his own prey, but the smaller male was not so successful, in fact, he slipped into the current with his head under the waves. Connor waited to see if Loki could pull himself out which thankfully he did but without his own catch. His fur was soaked but that didn't seem to bother him since he turned to them with a big toothy smile to which Connor smiled and rolled his eyes. The large male grabbed his own catch and walked towards Loki, he then plopped the fish at his paws, "take this one, I am not that hungry," he offered. He turned his attention back to Rhælla, "if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing out here by yourself?" He asked thoughtfully, she looked quite younger then she was but then again, she proved herself quite capable of taking care of herself.
166 Posts
Ooc —
The nox-clad femme watches as his gaze drops to the fish - the one he seemed to have caught just for her. A tendril of guilt makes itself known; mayhaps she should have taken the meal proferred, even if it meant feeling a bit useless. 

"I'm sorry," she blurted suddenly, softly, for the autumn-coated hellcaster's ears alone. A hesitant half step in the man's direction drew her forward, only to stop before she reaches him, shaking her head vaguely in explanation. "It's nothing against your fish...just, what kind of woman would I be? Letting two strangers hunt for me when they've been wandering themselves." She shook her head again, it was impolite and lazy and just weak. 

The splashing commotion Lokie was stirring up drew her concerned gaze to the creek, half rising as she prepared to drag the young man to safety. Her star-freckled crown tilted up and back, gaze seeking Connor's jade orbs and searching for reassurance that his companion was alright. 

"Looks like it all worked out, then," she commented to the ginger guardian as he found a recipient for his fish, just as quietly with a small grin. "We could share mine," she offers, not wanting him to go hungry.

His next question halts her movements, stilling her for a moment as she began to tuck into her supper. 

How much to reveal? What to answer with? Certainly not, oh, I was enganged to a sadist as a babe and after marrying him my life became a living Hel, that is until I poisoned him and fled the Kingdom. Oh yeah, and as a result for my bravery I was blinded and cast out. 

"There was conflict back home after the death of my husband, it was best that I set out on my own," the dark fae rasps softly, chin lifting a fraction as her jaw set with strength and her eye pooled with guarded natures - examining the men shrewdly for suspicious reactions. 

"So, what are your stories?" She asks after a beat, partially to switch the subject off herself, gaze darting betwixt the two in wait.
"Common." "Lirean."
ARISTOS
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Knowing that all the commotion would have the fish leery for a while, Loki headed back to the shore, just in time for Connor to drop a fish at his paws. Hey! Thanks! he said, happily digging into the yummy water creature. His ears were still paying attention enough to hear Rhaella admit that there were tensions in the pack after her mate had died. For a moment, he wondered what kind of things could come up after a death of a wolf that would make her need to leave, but the thought was fleeting. 

Once he was finished with his gifted fish, he headed over to the pair, laying down on his stomach, facing the other two. He was quick to speak up when Rhaella asked her question. Oh, we were both born on a mountain- well, not the same mountain- and then ended up meeting a few days ago, and have been best friends ever since! As if they had been friends forever. Rhaella might have wanted more specific information on them, but that was how Lokie interpreted the questioned, and so that's how he answered.

Debbie Ford
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
The sudden blurt out from the female made his eyebrows skyrocket, he didn't realize that he was making her feel this way to which the male softened his look, "don't be sorry," he began, "I completely understand where you are coming from, I don't want to make you feel like that you have to explain yourself to me." He brightened up his gaze, he wanted to make sure that this wasn't a big deal and Connor wasn't bothered by this and he wanted to drop the subject so it wouldn't negatively dwell in her mind. Connor gave a wink to Lokie when he thanked him and a small tail wag, he wanted to make sure that others were taken care of first before himself.

Rhælla told Connor that they could share the fish, he wanted to do his best not to disturb her feelings anymore, so he gave a bright smile, "if you insist," he shrugged, but he didn't want to be rude and eat the first bite, it was her fish, "but you can go first, it is your fish after all," he said politely. The young female had said that her husband had died back at her home, his gaze softened, "I'm sorry for your loss," he said sincerely, which was all he said, he didn't want to bother her too much on the matter, death was a touchy subject. She then asked where they came from, but of course, Lokie answered first, and Connor could only nod in agreement to what Lokie said. "Yep, born and raised on the mountain, Colorado Rockies for me," Connor said with a bit of enthusiasm, he loved his old home and was proud of it.
166 Posts
Ooc —
Rhælla dipped her head in thanks, feeling vaguely uncomfortable with the condolences given how her marriage had ended. Her dark crown dipped at Connor's offer, tearing off half of the fish and tossing one of the two sections to him with a flip of her muzzle, accompanied by a grin. 

"Well, it's good you two found each other," the fae murmured after swallowing a mouthful of fish. "Some of these wolves can be dangerous," she mutters, gaze dropping to the half-eaten meal as she recalled the beast. 

"What are your plans regarding a pack?" she asked curiously, ducking her head to take another bite.
"Common." "Lirean."
ARISTOS
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It was the second time someone had mentioned bad wolves in the area. Connor seemed wary against them, and now Rhaella was warning against them, too. Lokie didn't much worry about what-ifs. If he found himself face to face with someone less than friendly, he generally just let them be. He was not one to fight, even for food. 

He looked to Connor when Rhaella asked about the plans for a pack. Lokie would like to join one, but with Connor hesitant over the packs in the area, he didn't want to join one without him. I'll go where Connor goes, he decided instantly, looking back at Rhaella.

Debbie Ford
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
The man thumped his snow-white coal-tipped tail as Rhaella began her fill, she had kindly ripped him a piece of fish and flipped it towards him with a smile. Connor's eyes beamed, he gave her thanks by smiling and dipped his head to begin eating his fill. The sparkled she-wolf congratulated them on finding each other to which the titan male gave a smile and a wink to his best friend. She also had warned them that wolves can be dangerous, Connor could only agree with this by giving a nod to her words. Rhaella then asked the pair about pack life, Connor raised his head up with a thoughtful gaze and a mouthful of fish. The man had to think about this one since he wasn't quite sure himself, his emerald gaze wandered up, showing that he was thinking about this.

He didn't have to think long since yet again, Lokie beat him to it by saying that he will go where Connor goes. The cinnamon wolf swallowed his fill, he felt warmness in his chest, his new friend was going to be there for him and Connor was absolutely sure that he would return the favor. But he backtracked on his thinking, he was flattered that his best friend will follow him, but Connor wanted Lokie to have a say, to make up his own mind, make his own decisions. "It really is a collaborative effort, we follow each other. Lokie is an independent thinker, he doesn't want to admit it. I don't need to look after him all the time." He began, "well, sometimes," he finished, giving a cheeky grin at Lokie. "But to answer your question, I am not sure, we just go wherever, I haven't really thought about pack life," he said thoughtfully. "If Lokie wants to do pack life, then I will go with him," he said honestly, he wanted to give Lokie room to make his own decisions. 
166 Posts
Ooc —
can I just say that I really ship #Lonnor (#Lokner? #Connie?)

The wisp allowed her head to cant vaguely, lilac gaze drifting between the two men in consideration. Granted, they did seem a bit odd but amicable enough - perhaps in time, they could even be considered close friends.

"You'd be welcome to come with me," she offered after a moment - figuring it worth a shot to invite them. "I don't have any definitive plans yet but I'm headed north to the coast," she revealed, adding, "I think I'll try to establish a pack there."
"Common." "Lirean."
ARISTOS
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
❤️❤️❤️

Lokie grinned when Connor called him an independent thinker. He agreed, but in this instance, he just didn't want to go where Connor didn't. Why separate the friends when there was no need to? There was no one else pulling Lokie elsewhere, and he had made no promises to anyone regarding other packs. He was free to go where he wanted. And where he wanted to go was with Connor. Lokie knew Connor could be apprehensive about other wolves, but Rhaella seemed nice. And, they could always just leave if the pack life turned out not to suit them. 

Rhaella offered to the duo to follow her and join the pack she was creating. Lokie wouldn't mind, as he liked her. He liked just about everyone, though. So, he turned to Connor. Wanna try it? he asked. Connor's answer would be Lokie's.

Debbie Ford
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
oh my god I am wheezing xD bring on the fan art

The young female had offered them to come with her to establish her pack, Connor felt honored by this motion but he didn't want to make any decisions until Lokie had decided on what he wanted to do. Lokie had turned to him and asked if he was willing to try and he responded with a wag of his tail and an eager smile to his best friend. But he turned to Rhaella first, the smaller wolf had been kind to them which had persuaded Connor more to join with her since she didn't seem suspicious or weird or aggressive.

"why not," he chuckled, signaling to both of them that he was on board with joining her, he gave Lokie one last look to make sure that his friend would be okay with this decision. He gave a flick of his tail signaling that he was ready to go and ready to begin this formation of unity with Rhaella and his best friend Lokie.
166 Posts
Ooc —
"Oh! Great!" The noxborne chirped eagerly at their quick acceptance - quickly gobbling down the rest of her fish (minus all those little sharp bones) when it appeared that the male duo was preparing to leave. 

"I suppose we should find somewhere to spend the night, then," she mused as she fell into step with them - gaze flitting to the lengthening shadows and fading light. 

"I know of a place a little ways west of here unless you guys have a spot in mind?" she suggested questioningly as they abandoned the lake for greener pastures. 

last from me I believe, just a lil fade out
"Common." "Lirean."
ARISTOS