Whitefish River I wish I found some chords in an order that is new
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
All Welcome 
@Evergreen @Ira 
Would it be okay to backdate to the 12th?

He had completely avoided this side of the mountains since the fall of the plateau, the wounds still much too painful to even think about returning. But, he knew @Aditya (for reference) would eventually be headed toward Easthollow, and he thought it would be redundant and a waste of time to head that way himself. So, he had crossed through the vale and over the other side of the mountains, unable to bring himself close to the plateau. But, when he neared the river, he couldnt resist the draw to visit and see if things had changed since his reign on the plateau from where it flowed. Upon inspection, he realized immediately that things had most definitely changed; a pack claimed the river now, it seemed, and was curious to see who they were. Plus, he was out here to make alliances, and this seemed like as good of an opportunity as any.

He stopped just short of the borders and lifted his head to release a howl for the leaders.
I'm no good without you
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
backdate is fine!
The howl sounded through the calm atmosphere and it was enough to draw anyone's attention. The roan wolf's ears perked to the call as she changed her patrol's direction to find the source.

Upon her arrival she found a dark male standing just past the borders. Whoever he was, he carried the scent of many, likely another pack wolf if she had to guess. Perhaps one of their neighbors had found them first. Greetings. Golden eyes met green as she assessed him. He showed no hostility, so chances were he came in peace. You stand at the borders of Kaistleoki, is there something I can assist you with?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
His strides quicken at the sound of a howl upon their doorstep. Despite the bounce in his step, he is not the first to arrive—the roan Constable, ever dutiful, beat him to it. Evergreen slows to a halt next to Ira, giving her a brush of his shoulder against her own in greeting. Hello, he says, turning towards the dark male upon their border. His round ears alert, and a grin curving across his thick lips. I am Evergreen, the Count of Kaistleoki.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Two wolves answered his call, and Kavik dipped his head in response to their greetings. It is nice to meet you both. I'm Kavik, one of the alphas of Swiftcurrent Creek. We claim the creek on the other side of these mountains, he answered. The last time I was here, this territory was unclaimed, so I was curious to learn more about your pack and possibly discuss an alliance. That was his reason for venturing from the creek after all, and the more packs they could ally with, the better. He had put off this part of managing a pack for too long, and he was afraid he would pay for it eventually.
I'm no good without you
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The stranger introduced themself as he alpha of Swiftcurrent Creek. A pack she had only heard through word of mouth by Evergreen. Ira looked to the count to gauge his reaction as they have discussed visiting the pack before to introduce themselves and create friendly relations between the packs. They did not get to alliance discussion yet.I see...

There was a lot that varied from the usual pack structure in Kaistleoki. Then again only certain aspects needed to be known as an outsider unless the man wished to know more. Well for starters, the Count would be considered our alpha as his word is final. As Constable I handle all offense and defense capabilities, and stand as second in command during times of war.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Ah, Swiftcurrent Creek. Before Kavik, Evergreen has only heard of the pack from another, and indeed, was upon the plan for Ira and Eve's trip over the mountains to discuss pack relations. Kavik made their job easier by coming to them. Oh! It is nice to meet you, Sir Kavik, the bearish Count adds in before Ira explained further about Kaistleoki's ranks. Uh, yeah. We run by a Council, despite, uh... me, being "in charge" I like to discuss prior arrangements with the pack first. Kaistleoki was recently created, so we would like to strengthen our diplomacy as well. Uhm, I created it with "new beginnings" in mind. We focus a lot on trades, and encouraging our members to chase their strengths.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
They sounded like a peaceful pack, and it piqued Kavik's interest further. We mostly keep to ourselves, so we wouldn't intentionally cause any trouble for you guys, he said first. But I wonder, if you accept my proposal of an alliance, if we could maybe trade food? We could offer food in return, unless there's something else you're in need of. It might be a good idea to establish a trade relationship with them; maybe it would make an alliance seem more advantageous. Maybe he should be offering this type of relationship with all of their new alliances going forward? He wasn't sure why he hadn't thought of it before.
I'm no good without you
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The constable was surprised at the alliance offer as they had only met moments ago. Who was to say they would even get along? That being said, friends were never a bad thing to have. Her gaze moved to Evergreen for any hint of what his thoughts might be. If this pack was far hauling food might become a pain, wouldn't it just be easier to catch your own meals? Unless their territory lacked much life, then some sort of exchange might be viable. There was plenty of fish in the river that she wasn't overly concerned about their cache (but something other than fish would be nice too, she still could not get past the flavor).

Perhaps that can be arranged or something of the likes, but we should probably talk about that privately before deciding something on the spot. I'm sure I speak for both of us when I say we welcome friends, especially if we can strengthen each other. Golden orbs scanned Kavik looking for some sort of reaction to gauge his thoughts. Personally, she'd like to see where they lived and learn more before agreeing to anything. Maybe we can visit you with an answer? I think it would be best to know exactly where our allies live, don't you? Additionally, is there anything we should know about that differs from a typical pack in Swiftcurrent Creek?
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Evergreen wishes for good relations with fellow packs. That should be of no surprise, and thus, he regards Kavik with raised eyebrows and a grin—interested in what he has in mind. But he is wary, nonetheless. He wants their alliances to have depth, and the last thing the bearish Count desires is to support a pack that contradicts Kaistleoki's beliefs.

Nodding along with the roan Constable, he stands by her side on the issue. Swiftcurrent Creek is a trek over the mountains, right? We can see how food fairs when we visit, and if it will be a viable option. After all, it is no issue if the food goes sour before they reach the pack's borders.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Of course, Kavik replied, offering quick nod. It is definitely something for you two to discuss with your pack, as I will discuss it with mine. There needed to be trust to build a strong alliance, and that meant keeping everyone in the loop. 

As for her next question, Kavik wasn't sure there was much of an answer for her. We are a peaceful pack; we don't strive to cause problems with anyone. I have been travelling some to try and form more alliances, actually. He shrugged a little. I wouldn't say we're different from any other peaceful pack, really. It probably made them seem boring, but boring was safe, and safe was what mattered most to him. 

He turned to Evergreen as he spoke. It is about a two day trip, Kavik answered. There is a mountain pass that goes east from the plateau that should take you fairly easily through the mountains, then you follow the valley south and then east to the creek; you will find us there. He knew the pass well, having used it frequently when he reigned over the plateau. That felt like a lifetime ago, which reminded him: Last summer, fall, and winter, I led a pack on the plateau. Our numbers dwindled towards the end of winter, and we were taken over by a band of cunning and relentless coyotes. They had been a nuisance for some time before the attack. You should keep an eye out for them come winter. He had lost so much, and he hated for another pack to suffer the same outcome.
I'm no good without you
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The constable thought about his words. Everything he said seemed like they could be allies, or at the very least neighbors. The only issue she had was that the trip took two days. That meant they would be gone for at least a week. The good news? If his instructions were correct their pack sat somewhere near Easthollow, so she could bounce the trip off of family visits. I think we will have no troubles finding you then. Your pack sits near my family's territory.

THis can be last post from me if you guys wanna wrap this up! You can PP her giving her farewells when Kavik leaves
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
<3 Last post from me too.

A two day trip, hrm. It is longer than Evergreen expects, but alas, it is good to have allies that stretch across the valley, so the Count is not put off by the travel required—Easthollow, after all, is far from their reach and yet, they are close to the family. His round ears perk in interest, however, as Kavik relays them information once unknown to the bear; he used to lead just next door… and they had been chased.

He glances towards the roan Constable, eyebrows furrowing in concern. Perhaps his pick had not been so safe after all, if there are known dangers lurking just beyond their borders. Still, Evergreen is determined to fight, or move, if it came down to it. Thank you for your warning, sir Kavik. We will be cautious and be prepared. A warning and proper preparations can make all the difference.

We will visit soon. Thank you for introducing yourself and your pack to us. It means a lot. Evergreen gives Kavik a wide grin. If you like, you can rest here with us until you’re ready to return home. Last thing he wants is for such a friendly fellow to feel as if they are kicking him out.