Raven's Watch Can't Fight The Temptation
133 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
scouting!
Use to the towering mountains that laid in the distance of Kaistleoki, Tobias never really bothered to scout out east. It felt like a safe haven having the natural barrier to their backs, but maybe that was because he hailed from the mountains. At some point they would have to look this way, so the cowboy finally climbed the slopes to explore.

Eventually, he came across an overlook with quite the scene below. It was charming, although a tad unsettling with all the large black birds swarming overhead. Most likely they lived here (or they were just waiting to eat some large creatures), but for now, most seemed happy enough perched along the mountainside. Choosing to ignore the Ravens, the timber wolf let out a low whistle as he cast his gaze back to the view below.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
From what Sarah could tell, she had made a decent progress towards somewhere and in the state of being utterly lost was not going in circles at least. Death by stupidity was way down on her list and she was glad that, as long as she kept on walking forwards, she could entertain herself with an idea that she was having an adventure. When had been the last time she had let herself go, huh? She deserved one. 

I can't say, how many days had passed, since she had began her trek in the mountains, but during this time she had hardly met another soul (the cub in the beginning did not count). When she was approaching a ledge, overlooking the valley below, she was a little startled by seeing another wolf there. For a moment she considered turning around and leaving, but that would be the opposite of making progress. And there weren't many detours she could take. Which left pressing forward. 

She acknowledged the other quietly, when she stopped few feet away from him, and peered down. One was clear - this was not the shortcut she was looking for.
133 Posts
Ooc —
Soon another set of footsteps would chime in behind him as a woman approached and greeted him. Naturally, he was quick to give his own greeting, only for his eyes to follow the other's to the drop below. I take it you didn't know this existed either? It was quite the drop, sure enough, anyone would die upon impact...that wasn't why she was here was it?

No no— she didn't look like someone about to give up. He shouldn't think that way either, it can be infectious. M'name's Tobias, is there something you're seeking? Perhaps I can be of assistance.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Sarah did not reply right away, she gave Tobias a perfunctory glance and with a furrowed brow she continued to peer over the ledge for good five minutes. Nothing better came out of it, she gave up and turned to the man, who had offered her help. As much as she would wish to find way down on her own, at this moment he was her best chance of actually getting there.

"Which way did you come up?" she asked, forgetting to introduce herself first.
133 Posts
Ooc —
At the long silence Tobi could only stand and stare with raised brows. There was a chance she didn't hear him somehow...but his attempt at getting her attention was futile. Eventually, she turned back to him and seemed to half ignore what he had said before, only interested in which way he went up the mountain. Uhh... The cowboy tilted his head to the left, gesturing to a rocky path down towards the coast. I can lead ya down if you're lost? I can't say I'm an expert in these mountains, but my memory serves well.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
"I am not lost!" Sarah snapped back more harshly than she had intended. It did not matter that it was true, the implication that a weathered hunter and scout, and guardian and a smart wolf for 90% of her time had got lost just like any other fool, hurt her pride.

"But help will be appreciated," she said, her tone tempered somewhat and polite. She even managed to muster up a small smile, which flickered there for a moment and then was gone again. She was tired and easily irritable and her threshold of patience was very, very low.
133 Posts
Ooc —
Oh she was definitely lost. That mattered little to the male though, he would shake the harsh tone easily with a smile of his own. Not a problem, Ma'am. Where ya headin'? He tilted his head back towards the path suggesting she followed as he started down the mountain. He would only wait to make sure she was actually coming before continuing down.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Down," Sarah was curt in her reply, pointing out quite clearly that the location of his home was none of his business and therefore more details should not be expected from her. "Any down will do," she added to clarify her intentions. Once on the ground level she was sure she would find her way back to Lost Creek Hollow. Her inner compass was tuned that way anyway.

She followed close by, not wishing to lose the man out of her sight. And the fact that she was going behind him gave her an advantage - in case he decided to do something nasty, she always had a way out and away in the mountains. "You are not from here," she stated, not recognizing his scent. But then again it was no wonder - she had not interacted with any wolves of the neighbouring packs.
133 Posts
Ooc —
It was growing very apparent very fast that this woman had no real interest in his chit chat. A bummer really, he was hoping to learn of her home or if her pack was nearby. Wherever they were it wasn't in the mountains clearly since she was so eager to be on flat land.

Tobias was almost shocked when she opened the air for conversation again. Perhaps it was just supposed to be a side comment, but he welcomed the opportunity, No, my pack resides at the base of the mountain by a large river...what about you?
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
That was far away from the hollow - good and well. Someone more experienced in diplomacy would have wanted to find out about the dynamics of the pack, even see, if there was a chance for an allyship. But Sarah did not believe this stuff. In her three year long life she had learned that you could trust yourself only and close family, perhaps. Everyone else could betray you without blinking an eye. 

"Not here. In the valley," she said, considering herself being generous enough with the information she had provided. "How far is it?" she stopped briefly to look past Tobias in order to judge the distance they still needed to cover.
133 Posts
Ooc —
sorry for the long wait a lot goin on

The cowboy glanced behind to the woman. How far was it to his pack or to the ground? She didn't seem too interested in him so she most likely was referring to their current trip. Shouldn't take too long. Goin' down always takes less time than goin' up, ya know?
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Not really," Sarah retorted, because she had kept her distance from the mountains all her life, preferring solid ground and forests to the heights. They were not trustworthy and this unwanted adventure had proved a point.

She kept the awkward silence going for the next fifteen minutes or so, watching her step and deciding early that looking down would not help her a great deal. The heights did not scare her, the fall and the inevitable thud were the ones, which made her limbs weak and her heart flutter like a bird trapped in a cage.

There were no other distractions around and the more she tried not to think about the distance from here to the ground, the more her mind did occupy itself with all the unwelcome scenarious. And despite her dislike for small-talk, she broke under the pressure and dire need for a distraction. "Where did you say you were from?" she asked him, a hint of politeness, diluted in desperation in her voice.
133 Posts
Ooc —
I've lost a quite a bit of muse for this guy sorry again for the wait we can wrap up if you'd like

Silence fell and for a while Tobias just accepted it. Traveling quickly down the mountain humming to himself without missing a beat until the woman behind him spoke up again. In all honesty, he was expecting to not hear anything until they reached the bottom that was growing ever near. Where I'm from? Currently, a new pack not far from here goes, by the name Kaistleoki. But I'm from all over. A traveler if you will.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Here I thought that there was a possible Wolf-Tinder match for Wraen. :D No worries!

"Kaistleoki, new pack, right," Sarah repeated the words somewhat desperately, but her voice was the only thing that betrayed her growing fear of heights. Surprisingly she had managed to will her body not to tremble, not to falter and focus, focus, focus. 

"Could you be more specific on "all-over"?" she asked, breathing deeply and hoping that the guy would keep talking. The effort to keep the conversation going was a challenge to mind and soul, but this was way better than contemplating the reincarnation in a wolf-casserole.
133 Posts
Ooc —
Haha maybe one day ;), I don't wanna scrap him but classes start up again and I'm only getting back into wolf from a semi break

That's right, Ma'am. Formed a few moons ago now. Soon the trees would be leveling out, their decent coming close to an end. Well, just as I said. I've lived in a lot of places, I don't tend to stay long. Just havent found somethin' I'd like to be permanent yet. Most of my time has been in forested areas or mountain ranges. Best view in my opinion, but maybe that's because I was born on a mountain. Stayed by the ocean once, you ever see the ocean?To be honest that wasn't a favorite. Too open for his liking and strong breezes.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Sarah's heartbeat calmed down somewhat, when they had finally reached lower area of the range, where it felt less like a mountain, more like forest with a manageable terrain. Few strides more (that's, what she told herself, not that it really was like it) and they would be back to the safety and she will be able to bid the guy a good-bye and a very sincere "so we never meet each other again".

"Yeah, not my taste," she replied. There were dim childhood memories about the ocean and long, white, sandy beaches. But not much of anything else. "Forests are better, I agree."
133 Posts
Ooc —
Soon the mountainous side turned to forest and the ground began to level. Just as he had promised they made it back down to the base of the mountain range. The beach wasn't much for his tastes either, very open and windy. I take it you're from a forested area then huh? His gaze drifted back up the mountainside.

He had planned to travel over it, but he had seen enough to gather an idea of what was where for now. You seemed like you were in a rush, I'm sure ya wanna runoff. Before you do though, do you mind if I ask your name? Or perhaps your pack's? Would be awkward if we crossed paths again He chuckled
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Yeah," Sarah replied and thought to herself - what a genius! She agreed though that her guide had rightfully earned some praise for putting up with her as patiently as he did. Most people got offended. 

Then they had reached the base of the mountain and she could stop struggling to keep the conversation going. She shook her coat heartily, releasing all the pent-up tension and sighed in relief. It was good to feel earth beneath her paws again. 

"Thanks," she told him and, when he suggested she introduced herself, Sarah grinned slyly and replied: "Awkwardness will be all mine!" Leaving him to figure that one out, she set off for home.
133 Posts
Ooc —
I love her lMAO sorry this took ages I'm slowly picking him and a posting schedule back up! Maybe we can have a fast thread between them at a later date

The cowboy stayed behind watching as the silver beauty left with a small chuckle. He only mumbled under his breath once she was out of earshot and turned to head towards his own home, Well alrighty then