Shadewood gave you every piece of me, no wonder it's missing
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Cry eeeeeeeeeee here we go angst incoming

Night had draped the land in midnight blues when the fallen empress drifted from the tenebrosity, melding into the moonlight. She appeared as ethereal as ever, perhaps, but lost, ambivalent, a ghost who'd misplaced her motivation - she often fled the den during the dark hours, slithering through the whispering keep as it muttered and rattled to her, whisking away her thoughts into the air.

Raziel.

She did not know where she stood; not now, when their rule had seemed to crumble and the state of the pack was in disarray, a puzzle lacking a vital piece - unable to be driven to completion. She had thought, here, that they were safe from harm. This was intended as a sanctuary, not simply for her, her husband, others... but for her children. But Minori had temporarily risen to lead while Cry had fallen, and despite her present trust in the warrior, she... it did not feel right. It did not feel right.

So with a rabbit hanging limp from betwixt ivory jaws, she dove back toward the den, chuffing lightly in search of the man she had pledged her love.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
wowoeowoowwowoowoowowowow excuse me let me get my razor blade and MCR out real quick

This night was owned as any other was by the momentarily lost ex-Nightmare. He was in a spiral of events that only led down the singular hole to listlessness and forsaken promises. He had spun the dial forward on the clock so immensely that he in fact grew almost manic with how much he might even have left. That was-
until he cared no more. 

His mania settled to a brew so slow that it could simmer a coal for eons on end- and he could care less how long it should bleed until it’s carcass brought the Void to his front door. Until, let the rains bleed black over this dizzy day parade. 

Paces of a lovely stroll blossomed from around the bend of this tropical woodland, of this junglesque patch that was and still remained his kingdom. It forever would be until he was slain, until the Heir of his chosen mind rose and skated through Hell’s gates with no flinching. He would walk proudly, yet without pride. Boldly, but without pressing arrogance. And as he always had, melted from the abyss of night without so much as a sound to his Empress. His lover, his most fragile little wife who, frankly, had endured so much with him that it would feel remarkable and new as a babes first breath should she ever be apart from him. His mind chided to him, whispers so silent that they seemed to be nonexistent-
She will know.

Indeed she will-
because he is going to show her. 

The Phantom King slithered up to her as a king cobra would have, and almost the second he stood still, a second shadow came to unfurl a helix of gust blew a miniature storm of litter before him. But another second passed, and once the debris subsided, a hawk peered almost regally at Gwendolyn, something looming ever so near to arrogance that it was could be assumed. A proud Zone-Tailed Hawk gripped itself in Raziel’s cape-like nape. 

Both watched Gwen with interest reflecting in wild eyes, but Cry humored her with words first.

Greetings, beloved,” he began, baritones wrapping such a loving embrace around his wife, almost as decadent and tender as the moment he pronounced his promise to her to begin with. 

I’ve had sex with Minori.”

427 Posts
Ooc —
He advanced from betwixt the shadows as a serpent, a reptilian king with the woods confined in his grasp. As she watched him, this ghosted sylph, a single shiver dove down her spine as a ice-laden needle, the very tip of a knife, dragged in torturous leisure; the dove swallowed, and felt the pressures of this terrible world at her shoulders. Closer still he wove, until they shared the same cool air, and she could feel his hot breath mist against her cheeks - but he was not alone. Additional shadows swarmed at his back, welding into one, who perched in silence atop the keep watcher's shoulders. A predatory bird with a gleam in his gaze - mirroring the cold mystery of her husband's own.

Gwendolyn risked a glance upward, to meet those impenetrable eyes. "Raziel," she began in warm response to his greeting, laying the rabbit's corpse on the soft forest litter beneath her paws. "I was thinki-"

“I’ve had sex with Minori.”

The world stopped its motions around her frigid body. Gwen's heart froze, encased in a layer of unrelenting ice - what?

“I’ve had sex with Minori.”

The phantom king's words waved around her head like bloody ribbons, as though this achievement was a feat in which he took pride, so very pleased with himself. Storm. Julie. It was all happening again, right in front of her distant stare. So very cruel of the world, to toy with her like this; she felt the bubbling of tears as they threatened behind her eyes, but could not bring herself to speak, words burning like ash on her tongue, daggers in her throat.

You are not enough. You were never enough. So pathetic. So stupid.

Tell me it's not true...

But it was. She knew it was - his tone held no glimpse of humour.

"...Why?" She whispered, into the suffocating wind. Had she done something wrong? Had he fallen out of this love so alacritously, when their children were still so new to the world? Or was she simply not enough for him - his love for Kukutux, his... whatever it had been with Minori... was she not enough for anyone? Perhaps. Perhaps... His eyes held so many answers, and yet none all the same. Those cavernous pits of glacial blue, so hiemal in their solemnity. The snow empress' heart lurched in her chest, feeling suddenly the desire to cower, to run back into the comfort of the darkness, to wallow in her sadness alone.

For not the first time in her dysfunctional life, she was afraid. Afraid of the man she loved.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Her energy fed his own. Her pain, her horror- all of it was the life source of the parasitic mess that he had become. And oh how the tables had turned...how she had thrived on his company, his existence , and how now he needed her reactions, her torment, her growing madness. It was what kept him going. To come back to her and watch her crumple, only to take her hand and build her back up-
and closer to him. 

He wanted to mold her into the perfect...what? She was already perfect. Yet her pain was not yet complete. Her misery had not yet peaked. And her mind had not yet scabbed over and healed. 
His Gwendolyn was unfinished, no matter how perfect he believed his Empress to be.

To keep her close. Our members fade with every growing day. And I feared her loyalty was as well, with her spawn residing here and coming of departure age. Her eyes wandered beyond the borders, and I will not risk it being what downfalls our own security, as well. Our children need a fortified home.” He did not mention him purposefully keeping Higoro out, that sniveling whelp of a man. He couldn’t trust the rangy bastard as much as he could snuff his fucking life out with so much as an ease of pass. And he damn sure wouldn’t let the little shit in unless he could prove otherwise. 

His crown tilted to the side only a degree, studying the woman who trembled with internal agony before him, his frail and easily pained keyholder. “I truly am doing this for the protection of us all...you wouldn’t dare believe I did this to hurt you,...” both he and the hawk stared direct into the winter queen’s sapphires, almost on the same accord as his baritones lowered only a decibel. 

Would you, my love?

427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwendolyn stood before him in utter silence, fallen crown dipped to grant her eyes only visions of the earth beneath her paws - she did not glance up, in trepidation of meeting those fathomless pools of ice. Without peering toward her crooked husband, she could feel the intensity of his stare, the burning pressure of daggers lining her body. As though he were observing her, a little object laid out just for him.

Perhaps that was all she had become.

Hearkening to his words caused a hitch in her throat, an unavoidable crack in her demeanor; how many did the frost queen bear now? How long before she failed to stay together any longer, and would simply perish at his feet? She didn't know how long she could last - only time would whisper. She could not read her husband's corrupted mind, could only guess at his motives, and what she saw... it was aberrant, but out of her jurisdiction.

He did dote over his control, didn't he?

As Raziel continued to speak, she felt a prickle of ever-expanding nerves; they grew like a snake in the pit of her belly but trickled through her veins, until her body was thrumming with unspoken anxiety. She swallowed in preperation to speak but his last sentence threw her solemnity - she could never predict this man, this king of darkness.

“Would you, my love?”

Her heart beat savagely against her chest, but she compelled herself to remain still. Falsely unstirred. There was a thin moment of silence in which she contemplated silently, but ultimately... she knew there was nothing she could do. She did not wish to be the victim of his violence. She was afraid.

"No..." she complied.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
"I would never have suspected you to- my faith in you is so much beyond what death could ever conclude.
She was his perfect harmony, and she was just so...good that it near brought him to a screaming mad tantrum of fury. How he fumed at how goddamn meticulous she was, how decadent she had forever been. That she smelled of the silence that was once his serenity, the perfume of peaceful love and dismissal in abhoring tendency. She was the angel that every devil would want..she was the grace that had damned Storm, Knew,...
and now him.

But he loved her so. He loved her enough to bury her in a proper mound and not hold back any woe that would bring him to set a frigid fire against the world when the day came. He loved her enough to be he who brought tears to her eyes, fear to her heart, and vehemence to her mind. He loved her enough for it to only be him to have done this to her-
And he loved her enough to remain the soldier who slaughtered any who dare bring any desolance to his Empress. 

He took those few steps that remained betwixt them, and brought the yin of his muzzle to the yang of her cheek. The most desired of women, and she was his. The only apple of his eye, and the only true reason why he could ruin so possibly remarkably. She was his favorite experiment, and would forever be the reason his heart strove to beat. 
"She was nothing to me, Gwen. And I suspect she will be out of breath soon enough for you to breathe again; she will be dead soon enough, should she cross us." His icelandic blues sought the sublime seadepth irises of her gaze, downcast or not, and he would have it. 

"I promise you that she will not get far should she try."