Whitefish River The way you did once upon a dream
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
All Welcome 
Quick + short patrol thread?

Each day, Evergreen wakes up, and slips away from the den. Leaving behind Winterbourne with a stretch (first his forelegs, until he eases forward and kicks out his hind ones), the bearish Count takes to patrolling. His mind foggy with sleep still, and the sun barely up over the horizon. Morning songbirds and woodpeckers fast at work, creating a beautiful harmony of music echoing across the territory. Thus, he marches to their tune, and pauses to remark the territory's borders.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
207 Posts
Ooc —
swoops this
He wakes not long after Evergreen, a little disappointed that he hadn't stuck around longer despite his own tendency to avoid the male — so of course, he follows. It doesn't take him very long to catch up, though he yawns every few steps, still not quite fully awake. Evergreen! He calls when he spots his friend, gaze lighting in a way it hasn't since his... incident; he just hasn't felt himself until today. But he's in a good mood now, and Evergreen is the one wolf he'd like to share it with.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
thank u

Relaxing his hind leg back to the ground after peeing on a tree, his round ears flicker towards the sound of his name. A very familiar voice beckons for his attention, and the Count is eager to give it. Mismatched green eyes turn to look over his shoulder, a grin curving softly on his lips. Maybe Eve was just being paranoid about Winterbourne avoiding him after all... part of him feels the urge to apologize.

Morning, River, he greets quietly—careful to keep to the promise of only saying his nickname when they are alone. It still makes his heart flutter. Sorry I was trying not to wake you... One ear flicks away from Winterbourne while the other remains pointed at him. Uh, wanna join me?
207 Posts
Ooc —
A smile tugs at his lips when Evergreen turns and utters his nickname, unbidden yet not entirely unwelcome; the feeling is foreign and familiar all at once, and he isn't sure whether he wants more of it or none of it at all. The former seems to dominate, at least for the moment, as he finds himself drawing up beside the Count and affectionately nudging his shoulder with his nose. Yeah, I — would like that, The hitch in his voice inspires a hot flush across his ears and face, as it always does, and he swallows several times to relieve the sting in his throat. His ears flick a few times, fanning to relieve a bit of the uncomfortable heat before returning to their typical half-folded position.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
His shoulder shivers at the contact, and Evergreen prays that Winterbourne is oblivious to it. It is strange how heat blossoms from the areas he touches, any affection giving making the bearish wolf's heart sore. Excitement for having a new friend, maybe, but something feels different that he can't quite make out.

The nudge is returned a beat later; Evergreen shifts his head to brush the thick of his mane against the shoulder of Winterbourne.

Yeah? He swallows the lump in his throat, ears resisting the urge to twitch at the hitch in the silver male's raspy voice. Maybe he has heart problems? He should speak to Speedy about this...

Wanna... get some food after this too? Eve asks with a shy smile. His strides keeping in line with the fellow Kaistleoki member as they continued their patrol.
207 Posts
Ooc —
Fortunately (or unfortunately, idk) for Evergreen, the young Corten remains blissfully unaware of any shared tension between them, too inexperienced and focused on his own embarrassment to notice the effect he has on his companion. He does notice the smile, though, and it sends another flash of heat over his ears, forcing him to pause for a moment and focus on not tripping over his own feet before he answers. Alright, His agreement comes softly, though he doesn't quite manage to hide the eagerness to his tone.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
"Alright."

Awesome! He blurts out before he is able to resist, and Evergreen grows visibly stiff. I mean... cool, sounds good. The bearish Count attempts to remedy, mismatched green eyes averting to stare across Kaistleoki's borders as if there is something far more interesting out there than the company at his side. Spoiler: There isn't.

Do... you like fish? Continuing the theme of awkwardly asked questions, Eve prays that his answer is "yes". Which shows very clearly on his face, which he just so happened to focus back on River without noticing. Why? He doesn't know. Friendship, maybe.
207 Posts
Ooc —
He blinks, a little stunned by Evergreen's odd reaction (and finally paying attention), and another brief pause follows on his part. He hardly even registers the question for a moment; he's too busy trying to remember if anyone has ever acted this way around him before, and what it might have meant then — but he can't seem to recall witnessing anything similar in the past. After a few beats, though, he realizes he should probably try to come up with some kind of answer. I uh — A small cough interrupts him. I've never tried it before.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Did he mess up? His smooth recovery apparently wasn't so... smooth. Eve glances nervously to the side, and then back to Winterbourne... repeat a few times until the silver male starts to answer. Round ears push forward, and Eve tilts his head to the side—eager to hear his thoughts on his favorite meal.

Oh, He says, eyebrows furrowing. Would you, uh, like to try it? It's my favorite, but I know not everyone's a huge fan of the smell... One ear flicks back then, and Eve gives Winterbourne his best pair of puppy-dog eyes.
207 Posts
Ooc —
Even if he'd wanted to say no, the look Evergreen gives him makes it impossible. He swallows, trying to hide his frayed nerves as he quickly nods in response. Yeah, I'll try it, He says, unable to hide the smile tugging at his own features. He can't help but hope that he does like fish, if only to make Evergreen happy — but even if he doesn't, he's sure he can pretend well enough.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Extremely pleased with Winterbourne’s answer, the Count lets off a soft cheer. He’s always happy to share his hobby with others, but it means extra coming from the silver male. Awesome, I’ll show you how to fish then! And with that, the bearish wolf moves to lead them towards an optimal area of Whitefish River.