Swiftcurrent Creek Day After Day
3 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Joining 
He really didn’t want to do this.

One ear tilted toward the echoes of his recent howl, the other lay perturbed against his head. He didn’t want to do this, but if he wanted to survive (and he WAS going to survive) he was going to have to do this. Purple eyes casually scanned his surroundings, tracing the river that made him decide on this pack after weeks of scouting. Having a reliable source of water nearby was comforting, especially during the heat of summer.

He really, really didn’t want to do this.

Spree yawned and stretched his lanky legs, front then back, before settling into a sit. His eyes narrowed suspiciously as he took in the smells of countless wolves on the border, nose wrinkling in disdain. It had been so long since he had seen another wolf, and even longer, thankfully, since he had spoken to one; of course, he was smart enough not to make a total ass of himself on first impression, but it would take conscious effort, and that was a muscle he had not had to exercise in a long time.

He really, really, really did not want to do this.
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Tagging @Kavik and @Alessia so it doesn't get lost <3

The howl reached him and he decided to see who wanted the attention. He was only sorting through a medical cache. "Hullo. What brings you to Swiftcurrent Creek?" He grinned, welcoming the newcomer with a good heart as usual.

He licked his lips, wondering when Kavik or even Alessia would swing by. If this guy turned into a crazy, he wouldn't do well to stop him. Not unless something primal kicked in.
.。.:* ☆:**:.                                "Language of the Stars" "Common"                               .:**:.☆*.:。.
3 Posts
Ooc — Paige
It didn't take long (whether he was thankful or annoyed, he couldn't decide) before someone showed up, a mostly grayscale fellow with a friendly demeanor. Despite the faint tug in the back of his mind to run from this stranger, now, he flashed an easygoing smile at his new potential packmate (alpha?).

"Hello there, friend. Your home is lovely, to put it crudely, and I'd be just delighted to hear if you had any vacancies." 

As he spoke, he quickly became aware of the smell of various herbs and other medicinal substances coming from the other wolf. If he was a medic, then Spree was even more certain that he had chosen the right pack.
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
His tail waved softly by his heels. He wasn't a territorial bastard that got offended by someone even being close to the borders. He was more than happy to help this guy out. 

"Kavik or Alessia, the pack leaders, will be here soon." at least he hoped so, "I'm Sherigrim." He licked his lips again. Had he touched something poisonous without realising? He hoped not. The cache he'd been working on would be contaminated if so. Though, his mouth felt dry. Ach, paranoid.

He shook his coat out, relieving the tension he held. He was sure it was nothing to worry about, just dehydration from the recent warm spell.
.。.:* ☆:**:.                                "Language of the Stars" "Common"                               .:**:.☆*.:。.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
With his youngest children just born, he hadn't been patrolling today like normal, counting on his packmates to pick up the slack while he watched over and tended to Rosalie and the pups. But, when the howl reached his ears from the borders, he very reluctantly left his family to go see what was going on. It had been Shergrim that called, and he didn't sound panicked, but whatever needed his attention was important. Silently and very briefly he felt a twinge of resentment that he couldn't even have this small amount of time with his family before returning to his duties, but he quickly brushed the feeling away; he was alpha, and this was part of the job.

When he arrived, he nodded at the shaman as he came to stand next to him. He turned his attention to the stranger then. I'm Kavik, one of the alphas here. What brings you to my borders?
I'm no good without you
3 Posts
Ooc — Paige
"I'm Spree. Delighted we've arrived at a first name basis," he said, distracted eyes focused on the distance as a new smell hit reached him.

Just like Sherigrim said, the black figure of another wolf soon came into view; judging by the way he carried himself, this was one of the alphas the assumed-to-be-medic had spoken about. He seemed friendly enough, which Spree was relieved about as he lowered himself in the instinctual "newbie-in-the-face-of-an-alpha" position. "Spree, it's an honor. I was hoping to join your pack. If my nose is right, there are puppies and more puppies who I'm certain would appreciate an extra hunter, just as I would appreciate the opportunity to settle here." 
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He can be skippable from now <3

The Shaman stepped back, letting his Alpha enter the scene. 
Spree had potential and seemed eager enough. He gave a soft nod of approval but found it ballsy to go straight to the topic of pups. As an alpha, it was his duty to look after them and to be addressed about them by a stranger on the borders? It seemed a bit...confrontational. Sheri might be nervous if he were Kavik. But he wasn't. He saw the hunter before him and would accept him, knowing the pack had the strength to force a troublemaker out.

He sat back, observing and learning.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
I am very sorry for holding this up!

The mention of pups made him pause, eyes narrowing some as he studied the other man. From what Kavik could tell, he didn't seem to have ill intentions. Still, Kavik would be keeping an eye on this one. You are correct, he cautiously answered, eyebrow raising a little. We are in need of hunters; if you can help with that, then you are welcome to make a home here. His continued presence here was, of course, contingent on whether or not Kavik deemed him trustworthy, but he figured that went without saying. The alpha was willing to give him a chance, especially of he could help provide food for the pack and their very large number of young mouths to feed.
I'm no good without you