Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Towhee yawned hugely. Covering the passageway was easier than a standard patrol, although it was also much more boring. To keep herself awake, the mercenary let her mind drift. When her thoughts strayed to Rye and her heart skipped a beat, she shook her head at herself but smiled. She was looking forward to the day when he came here to stay. The two of them had joked endlessly about the nature of their relationship but ever since her revelatory conversation with her sister, Towhee was keen to see where it might go once they were in the same place again...

But in the meantime, Towhee was going to fall asleep if she didn't find some more effective way to pass the time besides daydreaming; she was getting dangerously close to actual dreaming. Snapping to attention, the Kilonova abruptly decided to howl for company. She saw Phox and the kids every day, so she specifically begged the attention of @Leen, @Dingo, @Ruenna, @Nebula and/or @Verochka (if she was pledged?).
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Leen had returned from his outing. At long, long last.
Only to be greeted with the fart machine's call.
He laughed softly, picking up his trot, wondering if @Jean-Pierre had followed. He hoped so, rather liked him. Better company than most. He saw the mercenary through the trees, chuffing instinctively before remembering that she was deaf. 
Damn. He didn't want to be farted on. (He was never gonna let it go, partly because it's one of the few things he 'knew' about her)

He picked up the pace to get ahead of her so she could see him properly without diving for him. He wasn't much in the mood for defending himself.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She was on the verge of drowsing again when movement caught her attention. Towhee started, though as soon as she turned and saw Leen's familiar face, she offered a tired smile and wave of her tail. She hadn't seen much of him lately and was pretty sure Phox had mentioned he might be off scouting out recruits.

-"Hey, Leen. Have you come here to tell me more of your story? Or maybe to learn some ptero?"- Towhee greeted, as if she hadn't totally begged someone to come keep her company.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
His brow quirked up with his smirk. She seemed so normal after she'd just cried like a toddler for attention. He shrugged, glancing back for Jean. 
"Perhaps both. They'll take some time out of your day for sure."
He wasn't about to let her desperate and bored call be dropped.

"Though, I have a recruit in tow. He's calm.He quirked her a grin, wondering what she wanted. Probably just a distraction. Having few borders made some hell-bent on keeping family safe edgy. He pulled a face, scrunching his nose and his tongue peeked out. Then sneezed. He shook his head, "Sorry." He grinned again.
Damn, he was grinning a lot.
31 Posts
Ooc — mista
*sneaks in*

Despite Leen's invitation, it feels strange nonetheless to traverse into a pack's territory. The last few months, Jean-Pierre has been avoiding them, if anything.

Admittedly, it feels nice to be somewhere he can hopefully "belong".

The beige recruit trails after Leen, and is about to question further about the Grove's territory when he hears a howl beckoning for attention. Leen goes, Jean-Pierre follows slowly behind.

He's a bit late, approaching behind Leen and hearing the introduction. 'Calm' isn't a word he's heard used to describe him before. The small wolfdog arches an eyebrow in amusement.

Sorry for my delay, 'Distracted by the new and shiny.' I'm Jean-Pierre, and you must be the famous Towhee?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He made a quip in reply, though Towhee forgot what he said an instant later when he mentioned a recruit. Leen made a point to describe the stranger as calm, which caused the Kilonova to arch a brow. Before she could say anything about it, the newcomer himself appeared. Towhee was too busy staring at him to catch what he said, else she might have snorted at the term "famous."

Her mouth opened, then shut. It would be rude to ask why he looked so weird, wouldn't it? In any case, he appeared in good health and temperament, plus he had Leen's implicit endorsement. Shaking off her weariness, Towhee stood up taller and straighter, making it clear who was in charge here.

-"I missed your name,"- Towhee admitted, aware that the new arrival had said something, presumably an introduction. -"What skills would you bring to the grove?"-

59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The man was glad Jean had caught up. Right on time too.
He licked his lips, giving him the floor to speak. He knew Towhee would like him. 
He plopped down, kinda tired after the trip. He was getting a bit old now, wasn't he. Not that it'd stop him any time soon. Probably.

He watched the two, glad he'd found Towhee on the borders so quickly. He didn't think he could go hunting; though he could just call Phox. He liked Towhee's face more. He almost snorted at his own thoughts, watching how she moved. Must be the Ptero they mentioned -- a form of communication that he'd set vigil to learn.
31 Posts
Ooc — mista
The beige wolfdog plays the opposite role to Towhee's dominant stance, he curls submissively; respecting and accepting her leadership.

Jean-Pierre, he tries again, this time making certain he keeps his lips in clear view of her eyes and pronouncing it slowly. Though you may call me Jean, if you like. Easier, less of a mouthful. His red eyes glance towards Leen, before he returns to Towhee.

I am a scout mostly. Gathering information is my forte. A spy at their disposal if they need. He wasn't going to fluff information of how he'll pull his own weight, or assist with hunting, for Jean-Pierre assumes that is a given for any pack.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee was typically pretty diligent about grilling joiners, though between her thirst for company and Leen's vouchsafing, she didn't feel like launching a big ole interrogation on Jean-Pierre. He readily showed submission and there were plenty of ways to utilize a scout.

-"I'm sure we can put you to some good use. Consider yourself welcome to Asterism Grove."- She was about to strike up a conversation when an even more palatable option occurred to her. -"Hey Leen, would you and Jean here like to relieve me of my watch so I can go back to the rendezvous site for a nap? You could take him on a full patrol of the territory, call it a tour."-

59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He grinned, giving his friend a grin and a short nod to Towhee. He hoped nothing would backfire -- what was he thinking, of course it wouldn't.

His ears tilted to Towhee, listening readily. In truth, she looked worn. He'd probably spent too long out recruiting. And exploring. Hm.
"Of course." He smirked, tail swishing with his good mood. He wondered if they'd find anything interesting, like a raccoon or the likes. "Sleep well, bird." He couldn't help himself, really. Her name was literally Towhee and for a good reason like, look at her. He hoped now he wasn't about to get ripped up -- or farted on. Still not letting that go.
31 Posts
Ooc — mista
Part of him hopes to fail inspection so he can go on his merry way and say "well, I tried". Alas, Towhee welcomes him in and Jean-Pierre smiles.

Thanks, Towhee. He assumes it's safe to call her by name, otherwise he's positive she'll correct him with a proper title. Leen filled him in on some facts about Asterism Grove, but not on how he should really address them. Jean could have asked, but, y'know.

Though he wishes Towhee didn't appear so sleepy because he, too, feels it in his bones like its contagious. It's been a lot longer of a travel here than the wolfdog expected and he wants to groan and stomp his feet like an overgrown child when Towhee gives them a new quest.

Instead he keeps his smile and bites his tongue.

Yeah, Leen, would you? He teases, turning his muzzle in his recruiter's direction.

Sadly Leen agrees and the new quest marker slapped onto the map. Ugh. Turning back to his new overlord, Jean-Pierre follows Leen's lead with a Rest well, and waits for him to guide them onto their patrol.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fortunately, neither one raised objections, instead seizing on her idea. When Leen called her "bird," Towhee's head cocked. She preferred that to "ma'am" any day, though, and made no comment. She merely smiled tiredly at them both.

-"I'll catch up with you both some other time and we'll get in some ptero lessons,"- the Kilonova promised, then left them to it, gliding away toward her favorite patch of grass at the rendezvous site.

59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
"Of course, lass." He tilted his head in indication for Jean to follow, moving off around the border and away from the rendezvous site. 

When he was sure they were out of earshot he leaned closer to Jean, "You look as shattered as her. Find somewhere to nap and I'll patrol." He gave him a smirk, a glint to his eye. He suspected the wolfdog wasn't a scout -- if so he was just tired as hell. Leen knew he could keep going though and didn't mind a patrol. Something to plant himself back in the pack.

31 Posts
Ooc — mista
Jean-Pierre followed along after Leen like a good little duckling. Alas, the recruiter is much too observant for his own good—for it seems he can read the beige wolfdog like an open book. He narrows his red eyes, questioning the man’s intentions briefly.

Determined to charm me, hmm? He hums softly, lifting his muzzle. A moment later, he adds; It’s working. Leaning into Leen’s space, he presses his nose to the dark male’s cheek before he slips away catch much needed beauty rest.
59 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Leen stood as the touch came that took the words away.
He stood dumb for a few moments.
Then walked right on away.