Ocean's Breath Plateau flowers in my hair, i belong by the sea
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
She was full of energy today and couldn't resist the urge to run on ahead, leaving @Tristan behind momentarily as she galloped across the sands overlooking a great bay. In the distance, she could see a forest, or the ruins of one. As she came closer, Bat saw the aftermath of some sort of disaster: a storm, a fire, maybe even a flood? In any case, it looked as if it had been several years since the devastation; there was new growth everywhere she looked.

The trees thinned on the far side of the forest, giving way to some cliffs that reminded her of Drageda. Bat strode along their edge, letting the salty breeze buffet her. When she came across a gull's nest in a crevice, she made a meal of the eggs there, then moved up a gentle slope that reminded her of Heron Lake Plateau.

And just like that other plateau, this one smelled of wolves. Bat quickly retreated back toward the cliffs, not wishing to trespass. Once safely back in no man's land, she pondered waiting for her companion to catch up before calling the natives to investigate. But when Tristan hadn't appeared fifteen minutes hence, the ranger grew bored and threw her head back after all, hoping to summon someone who could tell her about the pack in residence.
57 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He had came a long way from home in search of Rhælla. He knew deep down in his gut that she was alive and he wouldn’t rest till she was found. He needed answers, he was so lost so confused as to why she hadn’t went to him when she found herself in trouble.

His wounds from the day the empire fell had healed nicely and it was almost as though it never happened yet the scars on his body served as a reminder.

The sea was vast and he found himself walking along the shore crowded in his thoughts I aware of the other that was near.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
It wasn't often that someone actually called. Usually he got disgruntled passersby stomping through or confused creatures who acted like they didn't have a nose. So he had to admit that this was a nice change of pace. Regardless of his inner feelings, he still looked exhausted with narrowed eyes as he spotted from above two figures below who neared where he had laid borders.

A deep bark erupted from him, a simple way to announce his presence. His eyes roamed from smoky female over to the russet male. Can I help you two...? He asked as he directed his words towards the rogue female. It did not entirely look like they were together but perhaps one lingered further away while the other conducted whatever business they had.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
I was shadow-posted! Making edits—done! :)

She faced the plateau, expecting someone to come from the fore or Tristan to appear at the aft. Instead, a figure materialized off to her right, where the earth gave way to sea and sky. Bat turned toward this unexpected arrival, her slate tail giving a twitch as she eyeballed him. His coloration reminded her of Breccan, though he looked older (although not old) and more worldly somehow.

"Hey there!" the yearling called, trying to grab his attention. "Do you live here?" She gestured at the highland arching upward to his right, her left.

Before he had a chance to answer, another wolf approached, almost as if he had been cued by her pointing. Although Bat enjoyed meeting new folks, she was careful. She maneuvered her body to keep both strangers in view even as she replied, "I was curious about the pack here. I'm—" What alias did she want to use today? "Rorqual." Her lips twitched.
57 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He then was made aware of the tow people who were there. He had smelt scent marks but was unsure if this was taken land. “I was simply passing through. If I intruded I apologize.” 

Then the other began to speak and the male kept quiet as she spoke.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
He was unsure how much to share with the strangers. Although it really only seemed like one was interested. His silver gaze roamed over to the male first. You haven't intruded yet. Information with a touch of a warning. They had not trapezed through the plateau or shown up with attitude.

I lead here. There's not many of us at the moment but we're slowly forming. His words were directed towards Rorqual this time. There was not much to share about them so far but he was more than open to any questions and perhaps that would be made clear by his lingering presence as he awaited whoever would speak next.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
I'd gathered as much, Bat thought, albeit not unkindly. She smiled amiably, even though it seemed any real information, a name included, was not exactly forthcoming. It was entirely possible this encounter would go nowhere, although that was fine. She didn't have any kind of agenda here. She was merely curious.

"If you don't mind my asking, what's the pack's name? Does it have any particular, y'know..." Bat searched for the right word. "Themes?" It was the best term she could think of at the moment.

She didn't want to exclude Breccan's lookalike, who was hovering awkwardly in the background. "I'm Rorqual," she repeated her introduction, looking at him and twitching her tail. "What brings you here?" That question might've belonged to the leader, though he hadn't asked yet. Doubtless he wouldn't mind knowing the answer though.
57 Posts
Ooc — Hela
They did their introductions except for the other male and himself and he was clearly not going anywhere without giving his name. “Names Daegon.” He said it simply. “If you guys wouldn’t mind I’ll probably take my leave. I have a friend waiting for me further up that way.”

Probably gonna have him exit feel free to pp him leaving and continue this without him.
Common || Lirean
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
assuming he's leaving although obviously Bat is welcome to take a different route with her post!

Their third party visitor seemed keen to slip away and Rokig was not going to stop them in their endeavors to find their friend up that way. If Rorqual wasn't going to give chase, Rokig was more than happy to humor her questions now.

Seahaven. He backtracked their conversation a bit as he motioned with his head for her to follow if she'd like. The male had no problem showing her around the Plateau better if she desired such. Closeness. Loyalty. Hard workers. Equality. It was standard things to expect he knew that but it was what he desired. A place for those who need it but I have no interest in running strictly a sanctuary. A revolving door of members was not what he desired.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
He introduced himself, then in the very next breath, excused himself. Bat shrugged and nodded her understanding, tacking on a genial, "Take care, Daegon," even though they were little more than strangers.

Facing her host once more, Bat listened as he listed out some of his pack's core values. She really liked the name, though there was nothing overtly intriguing about the description... save for one word: "equality." That made her cock her head.

"What do you mean when you say 'equality'?" she pressed, her genuine interest clear in her silvery eyes.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
phone post incoming

His ears stood tall at her words, it was an understandable thing to ask for such a loose description of what he wanted. I don’t want to run a dictatorship. Everyone will have a chance to speak their minds and every view point will be considered. He was confident in his answer as he glanced over at his company, searching for what her reaction might be. Perhaps it would be an idea suited to her taste or maybe she would despise the concept. The seawolf didn’t favor one outcome over the other. He was just thankful to have someone to share his ideas with.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
Huh, was Bat's first thought. Were other packs technically dictatorships then? She'd never thought about it before, though she supposed it was true. She'd certainly never gotten a say in leadership or any major decisions while a member of a pack.

"That's pretty cool. So, like, will your members get to vote about important stuff, versus the leaders just calling all the shots?" she wondered.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
Absolutely. He hummed the word as his gaze raked across the plateau. Perhaps with such a vision in mind he could lure in plenty of faces, fill the plateau with individuals he trusted and could watch after. Do you have any other questions? There was an edge of kindness to his usually dull voice. Rorqual seemed like a good kid and he had no problem indulging her in the information of his future home. It wasn’t like they had many secrets as of now.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
He wanted to know if she had any other questions. Bat could think of a hundred more things to ask but, though his tone was kind, she sensed that he might want her to move along so he could return to his duties. She couldn't fault him that. Getting a pack off the ground was probably a 'round-the-clock job.

"Just one," was her reply. "Just in case I need it for future reference, what's your name?"

Once she had that, Bat shot Rokig a final smile and departed.