Barrow Fields Nursing the wounds of yesterday.
57 Posts
Ooc — Hela

He was still hurting from his fight a few days ago. His neck and shoulder burning in pain still. He was no medic but he knew if these wounds go untreated it wouldn’t be good.

When he lived within the Empires borders he had taken notes from the medic who healed him after their uproar that ensued when his brother was murdered. He hoped he would be able to find them here.
Common || Lirean
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
the ghost had remained in the fields for the day, feeling as though it was too much to venture that far from the sound. he had removed himself from their ranks so that he could search for his mother and sister, but he did not trust that they would be safe… not with him, nor without him. he wanted to be there for them and to show that he could redeem himself, but he didn’t know if that was even true.

roaming the fields, illidan caught sight of a stranger in the distance. he held his ground for a moment before stalking closer and chuffing to announce his presence. the sharp gold of his gaze was locked on the unknown man, wondering what it was that he was doing out there.
57 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He was now wary of the strangers near the coast and all the creatures within this land. He immediately turned around and faced the male before him. He wasn’t gonna let another attempt to get the better of him. “Do you see to strike me down as well?” He said weakly. Although this wolf had announced his presence he wasn’t all too sure of him yet and wasn’t going to let his guards down
Common || Lirean
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
the other man turned to him sharply, offering a guarded look on his face. illidan halted his steps and stood rigidly in place, not wishing to startle the stranger or to inspire some act of defensive rage from the beast. the unknown male asked a question of him – if illidan was there to strike him down – but the wildling only blinked in surprise. did he look as though he was capable of such a thing?

dark circles had formed around the ghost’s eyes. his frame was ragged and tired, in spite of his youth. there was a somber light that had found a way into his gaze – like a distant lantern that never neared and promised nothing but disappointment if one should approach. “no,” illidan answered in a graveled voice. “are you injured?”
57 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The male said no but he wasn’t thoroughly convinced however he then asked if he was hurt and he simply nodded. “I was attacked not even an hour into entering this land by a brute searching for blood. I’ve left these wounds unchecked since then.”

Perhaps this man would be able help him in the search of the herbs he needed to heal himself. “Do you know these lands well?”
Common || Lirean
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
the stranger spoke of an attacker. the ghost wondered if it had been someone from easthollow who had sought to spill blood on the coast for the crimes that had been committed on their claim. he wondered if they had ventured toward rusalka and the wolves who were there. before his heart rate could climb any further, illidan forced himself to remain present in the conversation he was having with the unknown male.

“i know these lands better than most. i was a scout for my pack,” the wildling remarked to answer the other man’s query. “i know only a little of herbs, though.” most of what he had learned about the healing properties of plants had come from cadeau. his heart sunk at the realization that he had left her behind. she would probably be furious with him.
57 Posts
Ooc — Hela
For a moment he seemed to be tied into his own thoughts but then spoke up. A scout but with little medical knowledge. Just his luck no matter, perhaps if he described what they looked like he could help him find it.

He waited for him to finish. “I’m looking for Celandine and Chervile root. If I could describe them would you possibly be able to help me. These wounds are getting worse by the day.”
Common || Lirean
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
it seemed that his lack of knowledge was not a monumental issue for the other man. he listed off the names of two things that he would need in order to help repair the damage that had been done to his body. illidan nodded his head absently before drawing his rusted ears forward and canting his head just slightly to the left – an expression of only mild confusion and interest. he had done the same for cadeau, so he imagined that it would not have been too difficult to find these plants for the russet-coated man.

“i’ve done so before. what do they look like?” illidan prompted with a soft nod and the ghost of a smile that scarcely curled his lips upward. the scout would make quick work of them if they were simple enough to find. then, perhaps he could find answers as to where this male had been attacked, and by who.
57 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He agreed and now he himself had to remember what the hell each plant looked like. It had been many moons since he had needed them. “Alright thank you the first would be Chervile root for the infection on my shoulder. It’s a bit hard to find but it looks like the green part off of a carrot.”
Common || Lirean
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
the man did seem appreciative and offered a description that would have been easy for illidan to find. he waited a moment to see if the brute would provide an appearance for the other herb he’d listed, but it seemed he didn’t. furrowing his brow, the ghost turned his head and scanned the terrain in the distance with interest. “do you know the common locations for these? forests, seaside, mountains?” illidan asked of him. it would help him limit his need to venture and would allow for him to search in the areas he knew best.

“also, you may provide a description of the second herb. i’d rather bring them both to you at once than separately,” he added with a soft smile. it would make things easier, he imagined. though he loved trekking, illidan was not overly fond of going back and forth between a single spot.
57 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Where did they grow how would he find them. The male thought long and hard about it. “The other herb Is Celandine it can be found close to water, perhaps a river.” He then thought of the other herb. “If I’m right you can find the other along a river also.”
Common || Lirean
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
illidan was fairly certain that he had sought out celandine before when he and cadeau had ventured into the wilderness. when the stranger had given him an area where the items could be found, illidan nodded his head. he was certain he could find the herbs within an hour and bring them to the man. “i will be back,” the young wildling remarked and set off at a swift trot, which fed to a sprint across the expansive fields. as long as he could smell the salt in the air, illidan was certain that he could find the sea. he knew of a specific place where he was all but positive that he would find the items that the stranger sought. so, he ran to this place and searched for some time before he found both of the herbs. the journey back was not as swift as his departure.
57 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The male said he’d be back and he highly appreciated his help. “Alright thanks again I’ll just wait right here.” Daegon would wait for him to return and in the meantime he would rest.
Common || Lirean
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
once back, illidan helped the stranger dress his wounds to the best of his ability. he remained with the unknown figure for a short while before he felt the itch in his paws to leave. it was too risky to spend that time with someone new. though it was a foolish fear, illidan could not help himself but to think about all the damage that would follow those who became close with him. the wilderness had done him a favor; he was always intended to be alone.