Dawnlark Plains movies are pretty much all sequels now.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
All Welcome 
When Yami had set out that morning, it had been with a moderate amount of determination. Not an impressive amount, but certainly more than she'd had in the last couple of weeks. Her converesation with Revui had reminded her that she was supposed to be helping Kiwi build an army to take back the Cliffs--a thing she had not really been doing much of since they'd settled on the Peak. And by not doing much of, I mean she had not done at all.

But today, she was on it! She'd let @Kiwi know her intentions and added that she might not be back for a few days (she was that determined!), just for good measure/brownie points, and then she'd set off around mid-morning. Unfortunately, her enthusiasm for the task had dwindled quickly as the world had turned an ugly grey and the rain had begun to fall in light, annoying as fuck drizzles, that dampened her coat just enough to make it uncomfortable.

Suspecting the worst (and now looking for excuses to quit), Yami cantered across the plains until she found a slow-moving stream. Ducking her head down, she took a few swallows of water before lifting her head to check out her appearance. As she'd thought, she looked utterly terrible. The wetness wasn't heavy enough to flatten her coat, but instead to make it floof out in wirey tangles. She looked like a homeless lunatic.

Conveniently enough, that made Yami's mind up for her. She was just going to have to quit for the day and find somewhere out of the rain to go groom herself into looking like perfection again. After all, who would want to come home with an ugly wolf that couldn't even keep their fur decent? No one Yami wanted around.
205 Posts
Ooc — Kim
*quietly forces all of your characters to interact with mine*

Breccan had left his family behind with two goals in mind: to find Ibis and Nuna, in no particular order. He had gotten lucky enough to bump into Ibis -- quite literally -- only a week after departing from the glade, and this had boosted his confidence. He would likely return to her and Neverwinter Forest at some point, but, naturally, wasn't quite ready to settle down just yet -- and if anyone would understand that, it was Ibis. So he had headed first to the coast, where he had spent a few days exploring the sandy beach and windswept ocean, and then he turned inland.

He still needed to track down Nuna. He couldn't say what his course of action would be once he was reunited with her, but he wouldn't be satisfied until he laid eyes on her. As far as he knew, she was still residing somewhere near Lost Creek Hollow, and that was where he was headed. He was feeling pretty good about his odds, though, after having such quick success with Ibis, and he kind of wished he could tell his parents -- his mother, especially. She had been so doubtful, and here he was, on his own and finding his friends and, hey, even making new friends along the way!

The present rainfall hadn't dampened his spirits, although it did slow him down some. He was making his way southward in the general direction of the hollow, following the winding path of a stream as it carved across an open field. He soon discovered he wasn't alone, though; up ahead he spotted another wolf who seemed to be peering into the creek. Fishing, maybe? She was average in size, and her coat coloration wasn't all that different from his own. Not wishing to startle her, Breccan called out as he approached: "How's it going?"
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
*is so okay with this*

Yami had barely lifted her head from gazing at herself when she heard someone calling to her. She rolled her eyes in irritation while her back was still turned to the stranger, but composed herself before moving to face him, hoping as she did so that he was uglier than her. One sight told her that today was not her lucky day, but she at least consoled herself that he was about her age, which made him too young for her taste. Still, she smiled her most charming smile and fell into her usual casually cool demeanor as she greeted him.

"Hey, didn't think I'd come across anyone in this dreary place," Yami replied conversationally, "You come here often?"
205 Posts
Ooc — Kim
As he drew nearer, he realized that she wasn't fishing after all. So what was she doing, then? Was she...admiring her own reflection? He squinted. Maybe she wasn't admiring herself, exactly, but simply looking at herself -- either way, whatever she was doing, she stopped when she heard his voice and looked up at him. Her greeting was pleasant, and Breccan's tail waved as he came to a halt a few feet from her.

He glanced around before answering her. It was a little dreary here; he suspected that even if it wasn't raining, the landscape would be pretty bland. And he had never visited this relatively barren field before, even though the hollow wasn't too terribly far away. "Nope, this is the first time I've passed through -- and I have to say, I'm not all that impressed," he quipped with a shrug of his shoulders.

"What about you?" he asked, directing his gaze back to the girl.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami smiled and nodded her agreement to the comment about the scenery. She was eager to get through it and onto the next, but that would have to wait until the weather was less shitty. And, apparently, until this encounter was over.

"Never been through here either, and I don't think I'll be scheduling a return visit anytime soon," she replied, "It leaves a little too much to be desired. Like color, and life. And joy." Yami glanced up at the sky, frowning coolly at the clouds as though they were a permanent part of the landscape and there was no chance of the sun ever shining here. "Where are you from then?" she asked, looking back at the handsome-but-too-young boy.
205 Posts
Ooc — Kim
There was something about her that appeared to be dismissive -- not overly so, but maybe a slight tone to her voice that made it seem like she had better things to do and better places to be. And yet, she was here. Maybe it was just her casual demeanor; she was flippant in her description of their present location, which just served to make Breccan wonder about her -- was she a traveler? Or was she a pack wolf, who was from somewhere superior? And he couldn't help but return to this particular question: why had she been gazing so intently at her reflection?

Suffice it to say, he was intrigued by her -- isn't that how it always goes? Had she been more engaged in their interaction, he might not have thought anything of it. But instead, he wanted to know more about her. She asked where he originated from, and he replied as he moved towards the edge of the creek, coming to rest with his toes in the water. "I'm from southwest of here -- long story short, my family up and moved, and I'm on my own now," he said, leaning down to take a drink once he had answered.

After he had slaked his thirst with a few hearty sips, he lifted his head and angled his orange gaze in her direction. "What brings you to this crappy place?"
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami would've been quite pleased to know the young man found her to be intriguing. That was exactly what Tru had always taught her to be--mysterious, charming, likeable. Engaging enough that others wanted to keep talking to her, but not so forthcoming that they ever felt like they'd learned all they needed. They had practiced this together so often during their travels while Ripley just stared off with his perpetually bored expression.

Which is all to say that it's good she didn't know. It's bad enough that she already suspected and her ego was blooming accordingly.

He apparently had a knack for intrigue too for the story he told held just enough back that she was tempted to ask for more. "They left you behind?" she asked, unable to help herself. That's what it had sounded like to her. That was some real shit if that was the case.

"My friend and I are settling on the mountain North East of here," Yami answered with a gesture over her shoulder in the Peak's general direction, "I'm out looking for strays to take home with me." She smirked a little, watching him.
205 Posts
Ooc — Kim
"They left you behind?" the girl asked, and Breccan back-tracked mentally and analyzed what he had said. He hadn't meant it that way, but the words he had chosen had made it seem like he had been abandoned, rather than making the decision himself. "Oh, no, not exactly," he clarified. "We moved to be closer to my mom's family, and once we settled there, I decided to take off and see the world." He grinned as he spoke; he missed his parents and his siblings, but he was glad to be exploring, even if some of the places he ventured to were duds like this field.

He followed her gaze in the direction of a distant mountain range, where she claimed to be settling with her friend. "That's cool. Have you had any luck yet?" he asked; she was alone, which meant she hadn't rounded up any "strays" recently, but that didn't meant she hadn't already recruited someone and sent them to the peak. Either way, he made a note of the location she had mentioned, adding it to the list of already-present packs he had detected so far in his journey.

"I'm Breccan, by the way," he added a moment later, since introductions hadn't officially been made yet.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
"Ohhhh..." Yami murmured with a nod as the stranger explained himself. That made a lot more sense. Not that she didn't believe that someone could be abandoned by their family, but just that she figured his demeanor would probably be a bit different if they actually had bailed on him. She could appreciate that he bailed on them. She had done that once, for very similar reasons (if you just looked at it from the surface and dug no deeper).

"Nah, but I've only been trying for about two hours," Yami answered with a grin. She was completely confident she'd snag one eventually. She wouldn't bet on herself finding a warrior ready to join in their battle for the Cliffs, but some moron who wanted to follow this hot piece of ass home? Oh yeah, she could do that.

"I'm Yami," she responded in kind.
205 Posts
Ooc — Kim
"I'm sure you'll get lucky soon," Breccan replied with a grin after Yami introduced herself. The rain continued to pitter-patter on their shoulders in a persistently annoying way, although it at least hadn't increased in intensity -- yet. While it was mildly aggravating, it at least provided a brief respite from the warm summer sun.

He squinted up at the sky, studying the cloud cover briefly, then asked, "So what made you guys pick the mountain?" He had once been a mountain-dweller himself, and was a little intrigued. There was such a variety of terrain around here that he had never really been aware of until he had started traveling. While Bat and Tristan liked the beach enough to call it their home base, he wasn't sure yet that he wanted to always have sand between his toes -- and the coast was so open. He had been raised among peaks and forests, so he had a strong preference, but this whole adventure was about exploration; who was to say he couldn't change his mind?
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami nodded her agreement as a thought occurred to her--what about this guy? He was young, but looked capable enough. He didn't really give off a warrior vibe, but that didn't mean he had no potential. With a stab of irritation, she thought of her brother and how he could probably whip Breccan into shape for them. What a load of crap that was...

Wait, what did he just ask? "The mountain?" Yami repeated, blinking back to attention, "Oh, it's actually a temporary stop. My leader, Kiwi, actually wants to settle on the Coast because that's where her family used to live. There's a pack next door though and they don't want her there, so we're just on the mountain to gather followers before we go back and claim the Cliffs."
205 Posts
Ooc — Kim
It turned out that the mountains weren't their first choice, after all -- instead, they were hoping to settle on the coast at some point. The beach seemed to be the place to be, and Breccan's brows lifted as he listened to Yami's explanation. The situation sounded a little dangerous, but it also had an undeniable level of coolness.

"Oh, wow, that sounds pretty intense," he replied. He imagined what it would be like if he wanted to try to reclaim the Sunspire or Lost Creek Hollow, and quickly dismissed both options as ridiculous. He had grown up in the two territories, but when he thought about it, he didn't really consider either one of them to be his home. That was why he had struck out on his own in the first place: to find a place where he belonged.

"So you're going to have to fight this other pack?" he asked, his interest piqued.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Breccan seemed impressed by her tale, as he ought. She nodded to confirm that it was indeed pretty intense, but partnered it with a little shrug to further accentuate that she was far too cool and too awesome to be that bothered by something as insignificant as a turf war. She honestly kind of wasn't that bothered by it, but that was because she didn't really see it happening, not because she thought they would win if they did engage with their enemies. 

"Yeah, but it's alright," she answered with a smirk, "Kiwi is a warrior and I come from a family of warriors myself, so she's been helping me polish up my skills. Anyone who joins us will prove their worth, or at least their potential, and we'll help them get to our level wherever they're at." She held back her invitation for Breccan to join them still, though it was definitely in her mind. She wanted to better gauge what sort of stuff he was made of before she went there, and seeing how he responded to this would help her.
205 Posts
Ooc — Kim
As Yami elaborated, Breccan couldn't help but think briefly of his mom. She hadn't been shy in expressing her aspirations for him to become a warrior someday, like his father, and he wondered if he would have been well on his way to that goal had he stayed with the Frosthawks. Instead, he was -- well, what was he? An explorer, kind of, although he didn't have any sort of official title. He was just living his life day by day, he supposed.

He gave himself a little shake; the rain hadn't let up, although it at least hadn't gotten any heavier. "Well, I'm impressed," he said once he had stilled. "I wouldn't have thought you were a warrior -- no offense, of course," he added with a playful smile. She seemed a little too prim and proper to be a fighter, but he supposed looks could be deceiving.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami watched him carefully. She'd expected the stories of her own prowess to inspire a boastful retort, or at least a confession of how he wished to advance his own skills. Instead, he teased at how she didn't appear to be much of a warrior herself. And while she could tell he said it in jest, her eyes narrowed in annoyance. She was not one to take jokes lightly, for there always seemed to be some sliver of truth in them that typically was what inspired their invention. Breccan clearly didn't think she was as strong as she said she was, and considering her own weakness was a hot button for her, she was a bit.... irritated.

"Well, only an amatuer underestimates a perfect stranger," she retorted, smiling coolly. In that moment, she made up her mind--he wasn't good enough to be part of Skairipa. And as such, she had no reason to put up with this shit weather just to talk to him any longer. Also, he was seriously way too young for her. "I'm gonna head back. Good luck to you, Breakin'," she said as she turned away, mispronouncing his name intentionally in hopes it would bother him. She was just delightfully passive aggressive like that.

Last post for me! I'm shipping Yami off. ILU THO<3
205 Posts
Ooc — Kim
<33

It seemed he had touched a nerve -- her response to his teasing was a degree cooler than the rest of their exchange had been, and she excused herself a moment later. He didn't mind and wasn't offended, not even by the mispronunciation of his name. He chuckled as she brushed past him and turned to watch her go. "See you around," he called after her.

As if on cue, the rain finally started to come down harder, prompting Breccan to take off in the opposite direction -- continuing to head southeast towards his former home and, hopefully, Nuna.