Firefly Ravine But I say it anyway, then I say it again
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
@Annaliese @Alison are welcome to join if they want! They are welcome in any threads Vengeance is in so long as its outside of Rusalka from now on! @Tzila!

Echoeing in the night within the ravine was sound of splashing as the leviathan of a man slithered through the rushing water, allowing the shallow waters to splash around his toes as he carelessly walked fourth. All around was possibly some of the most beautiful dances of light that he would ever lay his eyes uppon, the courtship of firefllies that surrounded him from all angles, lighting up his path and silhouette from within the ravine's walls; and yet his eyes were focused on the nothing ahead, ignoring the bugs even infront of him as he walked on. 

The scent of that woman was faint, but he could tell it was getting stronger. The woman with the bear problem. Within these lands her scent was intertwined, every now and then it would fade, only for it to grow stronger once again as he changed path. 

He had found individuals that would do well in such a situation, in the dark woman's quest to take vengeance on a ursa for it slaughtering her loved ones. Her rage tickled him still to this day; he thirst for her presence, to know more about her and her plans to hunt down the bear. He had few friends within these lands, and although he did not see that woman, the woman without a name, as a friend, he did at least enjoy her company... at least he did the last time they had spoken.
stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
When she was away from Elysium, Tzila did her damn best to track down any trace of a bear. The slightest whiff of their musky scent would do. She'd latch onto their trail in no time. It wasn't just one ursine in particular that she was after...the one who had slaughtered two of her pack mates. It was every damn one of them. Their kind as a whole. Young or old, male or female, it mattered not to her. All that she cared about was making their lives a living hell. Alone she was no true threat, but certainly a thorn in their side. An unattended cub would suffer the worst of her wrath, defenseless without its mother.

On this summer evening, when the fireflies came out to dance, she too, arose. Like them she was a true creature of the night, most comfortable when the shadows stretched to wrap around every corner. Unlike the thousands of tiny insects though, she cast no light. Only the gleam from her silver eyes and the burnt, blood like sienna caped over her shoulders. 

She stalked in a classic prowling pose, as she often did. Shoulders slightly bent, head aligned and her steps long and precise. She was out hoping to pick up a trail, where it would lead her to bestow some much deserved misery. She hadn't gotten far, when a scent of a different type, wafted to her nose. She inhaled deeply - she knew it well. He was back. Drawn by the shine of crimson eyes, she melted forth eerily out of the darkness, drawing her head up proudly...arrogantly. Smirking, her greeting was simple. "Well look who's come a callin."
I Am Better Than You Think
105 Posts
Ooc —
Ever since the first encounter with the beast, Alice found herself drawn by his proposal. At the moment he seemed to belong to a pack, something she could only scoff at as sitting under someone’s thumb did not seem to suit a man of his nature. She lingered near the edges of the territory always waiting, always watching for when he stepped out of the claimed realm to follow.

That night her patience had been rewarded as the dark looming figure made his way across the land, cloaked in darkness until glowing insects lit the world. Her eyes would drift occasionally to the light, wondering why he had decided to stray from his pack in the night. He knew she followed, it was not uncommon now nor did she try to hide her presence to the towering man.

Like her company, Alice too was masked in the dark aside from the brighter patches of red that burned under the light of the bugs, red alit by yellow giving off an eerie appearance.

Soon her attention came to another who made her presence known. Watching the newcomer from behind, the fiery woman waited. She had no desire to speak with the stranger, but she stayed to see what business Vengeance had. For now the woman would only be greeted with her icy stare and the occasional flashes of the bugs that showed more of her figure than she personally allowed.
Thread log, played by Aso, #008080 , pawprint, Alice's Playlist 4/10* 3/5*, * = incomplete threads
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
He was very much aware of the shadow that followed him, lately the woman had come and joined him on his excursions on days that he left Rusalkan borders. She made no attempt to hide her presence from the bear-ish man, nor did he mind the companion either. His following was small, but it was better than nothing. One step at a time, he would make a pack of his own, more organised than Rusalka, more to his taste, and this one would be with him so long as she continued to follow.

Thankfully his wanderings had had been rewarded. The sanguin hooded female made her presence clear as they crossed paths. A triforce of individuals caped in shadows, a small meeting of mercenaries with their own missions in mind. In response the grimy male smiled, yellow fangs glinting against the light of the insects that pranced around.

I've found another to aid in your ursa problem. Behind him the black tipped tail flicked in Alion's direction, introducing the ginger with the icy stare (I'm assuming he hasn't met Anna so for now he'll only assume Alison is following!). Anything new to add; or have you dropped your thirst for comupance. He spoke loud enough to ensure that Alison would hear what the plan was, what he had use for her coming up.
stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
In the presence of Vengeance, the man she had taken a shine to, her whole attitude shifted. She no longer played the role of a dutiful pack wolf, minding her manners like any good citizen would. Her shoulders rolled as she carried herself now with the confidence that only a wolf who was entirely self-reliant would. Her measured steps said that she needed no one. The predatory glint in her eyes and deadly grace in her stride said that it was she alone, who commanded the night. 

Perhaps it was his simple presence here tonight, that made the mistress of shadow tempted to flaunt even more than usual. She had done so openly at the first meeting, among the hot springs. Tzila had nothing to hide around the blood lusting brute and that's what she loved most. She was but seconds away from prancing up to him, to greet him by running her inky fur amidst his (likely) soiled pelt. But she stopped, distracted by the appearance of another russet, feminine figure with glacial eyes. She held the eye contact, refusing to break the silence. Forcing down the primal urge to tighten her muzzle and assert the wave of dominance that threatened to consume her. No - if they were to build, to set make their plans a reality, she must at least consider every new face a potential ally.

She closed the distance by mere inches, silently delighting in the rotten stench emanating off of him. "Nothing, yet. I am slowly striking out on intel missions. To track them down." She clicked her teeth openly before him, eyes narrowing. "I assure you, my blood lust is alive and well..." She tipped her head back in the general direction of Elysium. "I've...even considered measuring the interest within my own ranks. Discreetly, of course."
I Am Better Than You Think
105 Posts
Ooc —
Vengeance spoke of some ursine problem. Something he failed to mention before now that she would have to get her paws dirty for this stranger. That being said, if a reward was provided for her troubles, she’d happily comply.

The stranger, still unnamed, spoke of her blood lust and desire to climb to power within her pack, again something she would scoff at. These two and their pack lives desiring something more. If they really want it they should just take it. You didn’t tell me about your little friend, Vengeance. her voice was oddly sweet yet genuine, something different from the first time the two had spoke.

Alice now stepped closer a new spark lighting her eyes, and just like the other, never broke her gaze.What’s this about an ursine problem? again she could care less about the task, she was more interested in what she could reap.
Thread log, played by Aso, #008080 , pawprint, Alice's Playlist 4/10* 3/5*, * = incomplete threads
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
The two females seemed to be interested in one another, for what reason he could not be certain; he simply assumed that they did not expect such a meeting and were simply changing their own courses when confronted with one extra body tossed into their day. Other than that, he didn't think much of their staredown. 

Ears twisting behind him to catch Alison's words. With a smirk, he turned his head slightly to the side to address her, not quite to see the russet woman, but to simply point a cheek at her. Show, don't tell. He purred, he found her new tone amusing, to say the least. It was night and day to their last exciting encounter. 

Turning his full attention back to the red-backed woman, he heard Alison approaching and so they would all be standing together soon enough. I suppose we should begin keeping our eyes and ears peeled for any clues. The last thing they needed was to come face to face with a bloodthirsty bear, alone. Even Vengeance, as bold and battle-hungry as he was, did not wish for death just yet. 

Good. The word slithered from deep within his chest, verberating the air in a low resonance. A toothy grin cracked his maw, splitting it in a dingy display. Genuinely he was pleased that she stood firm on her desire to kill the bear. The thought of going into battle against such a beast was thrilling, to say the least. 

Alison spoke up regarding the bear, wishing to know more. At this point he gaze the other woman the chair to speak, to give Alison an explanation all of her own - after all, she was the one who started it all. It was her prey, they would simply assist.