Stone Circle It's like drinking a My Little Pony
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
All Welcome 
I want Piper to get to know her packmates a little better! I'd love for anyone to join tho <3

The Redleaf girl had just returned with a large rabbit clutched in her jaws. Her eyes had scanned the borders of the pack before she had entered. Once inside, Piper turned herself toward her mother’s den and set out at a brisk trot. She hadn’t wanted to disturb Laurel if she was resting. The young woman was sure that her mom had spent more than enough of her active hours tending to the new youngsters. On that note, she didn’t quite know how to feel about them. They seemed… odd, in comparison to what she could recall from her own childhood.

Leaving the rabbit for her family, Piper turned to the heart of the pack and breathed in a sigh. Things were so different when compared to the year before. She had grown considerably, but for all the things that had happened, the young Redleaf felt as though most of them had been deeply saddening. Her brother had died, her mother had been knocked up by a savage stranger, she had been forced to leave behind Diaspora and Stigmata.

Her pace was set at a brisk trot. She scouted into the pack, searching to see who she might run into.
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
How about a Newt? <3

Lately, Easthollow seems... odd. There is this feeling in the air that's made Newt burst out crying once before, and it still hasn't gone away. He does not understand what happened to his sister, or why ma and pa are so upset, but he wants to.

For now, he makes sure to stay in the middle of Easthollow, where his parents and siblings can easily find him. It gets boring on his own on the rare moments he is alone, but he makes do playing with random objects he finds. His fascination with sticks and stones helps. He even made a song! It really just involves him repeating the word "stone" and throwing in "circle", along with noises he thinks are fun, but Newt is quite proud of his work.

He is singing said song, when he sees one of Easthollow's members trotting up near him. Immediately, he stands, and sings louder for a moment. His tail wagging, head tilting back in a howling motion until he lowers his head and looks expectantly towards her. Hi! My name is Newt. It sounds far from perfect with him still a young pup, but he does his best and wears a big smile.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
I love me a Newt <3 ;-;

There was a tune in the air that drew her toward it. As faint as it was, Piper had wondered if it was one of Laurel’s new pups who had wandered out a ways. When she caught sight of the child who had been making the merry sound, she noted that he was entirely unfamiliar to her. That didn’t mean that the boy was not polite or social. In moments, he seemed to come to life and then called out to her with a name. The Redleaf girl could not help but to find the boy’s voice adorable.

“Hey there, Newt! That’s a neat name. I’m Piper – I heard your song and thought it was great. Did you come up with it on your own?” she returned to him in a chipper tone, approaching the pup with a smile on her slender muzzle. The boy looked as though he could have been one of Valette’s kids. He had the coloration for it, and perhaps something in his eyes spoke of their relation. She didn’t ask, though; if the subject came up at another time, she could figure it out then.
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
!!! ❤

Underneath her praise, Newt puffs up with such pride. His ears and cheeks feel heated, blushing underneath his soft fur, yet he wears that big, toothy grin all the same.

Thank you! Pi... Piper is pretty! The pup does his best to pronounce her name properly, and he thinks he did a decent job but it still sounds a bit off compared to how she said it. Tiny tail wags behind him happily.

Really? He gasps. I did! Pa and Ma showed me the stones. They are cool. Have you seen them?
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The boy seemed to come to life with the delight that flowed through him. Piper could not help but to smile at the child. He had this infectious happiness about him. It made her feel like she didn’t have a worry in the world. How could she be bothered by life’s turmoil when there was a young boy at her paws, looking at her the way that he did? Perhaps this was the reason why Laurel had decided to take on another litter. There had to have been some undeniable joy in raising children… provided they all turned out okay.

Newt explained that his parents had showed him the rocks. Piper leaned in, very interested in what the child had to say on this matter. The boy really knew how to get to a lady’s heart, didn’t he? Call her pretty and start telling her about these neat fucking rocks… that’ll do it. The Redleaf girl cast a thoughtful expression to her face. “You know, Newt… I don’t think I’ve seen these stones before. Can you show them to me?” Piper asked of him softly. She’d be sure that he was kept safe and that he made it back to his parents okay. She wasn’t into snatching kids.
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
He's never met a grown-up so content to indulge him. Certainly his parents listened to his ramblings, typically with patience, but they did not express such joy and interest as Piper did. It makes him all the happier. His enthusiasm grows, and the way she smiles almost makes him shy.

Mostly, however, the boy is having a difficult time containing his excitement. The end of his tail refuses to cease wagging, flailing back and forth and brushing against patchy legs... something he is quite nervous about still, but so long as others don't pay close attention to how chewed up they are, the bard-to-be is glad to ignore it.

Brightening even further, Newt is practically a thousand exclamation points. He's reached peak hype. Yeah! The scholar answers back less softly. He turns, furrowing his eyebrows momentarily in thought before he starts guiding the way. Mama said they are the... the center of Eash-hollow. They are... im... impor... Newt halts briefly, glancing at Piper for guidance as he typically did with Greyback. To the pack. There are... mean big food near by. We sneak past. He says, nodding extra serious-like. Bison were evil and tried to take out Valette and West. He does not want that to happen to Piper.
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
It was difficult not to feel a twinge of softness for the child. His eager expressions were all it would take for Piper’s heart to soar out of her chest. She wanted nothing more than to indulge every last desire that young Newt had. If she could have given him the world on a silver platter, she likely would have. In the back of her mind, the young Redleaf woman imagined her newest siblings growing to be like Newt – developing that curiosity and intrigue – and her heart seemed to soar at the possibility of it.

“Important, hmm? Then I definitely think we ought to go see them,” Piper confirmed with a confident bobbing of her head. Newt had gone on to explain that there were large prey animals that they would be required to sneak around. The wildfire girl wondered if it was safe enough to take him along, or if his parents would have some words with her about letting their boy just do as he pleased. It wasn’t really her job to parent him, but she would take him under her wing and make sure that she did everything in her power to keep him safe.

A quick smile stretched along the Redleaf’s muzzle.

“You know, if those big mean prey animals try anything funny, I’ll make sure to keep you safe,” Piper promised to newt with a soft nudging of her nose against his cheek. She had never really been the best at sneaking around, but then again… she had never really tried.