Jade Fern Grove Remember that time you made me smile?
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Private 
for @Steph I think I said I would start idk.

He had left the pups playing and tending their own business and snuck out, informing one of the sitters that he would be gone for a while but not the whole day. He had ran hard and long until he reached a familiar area, his heartstrings tugging as a flood of memories made him ache with nostalgia. Easthollow was nearby and Morningside had once been too. Friends and family nearby, so close within distance yet the relationships faded and distanced....he was beginning to learn that this was the way whether he wanted it to be or not. He slowly lowered himself to the green covered terrain and heaved a sigh, staring at the trees and the grass as it blew with the warm summer breeze.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph had allowed herself to roam into a neighboring territory by herself to get a little time to think away from the hussle and bussle of the pack. To be honest, she felt useless. She failed at keeping her sister safe, failed at the pack hunt, and then failed Indra and her sister. She couldn't remember a time in all her life that the pack felt so... Unsecure. 

So, even though her bruised ribs were still healing, she made herself to Jade Fern Grove, figure the trees would give her some protection while she took some time to think. But, it was not to be. She caught a familiar scent, and her tail began to wag. Sunny! She followed it slowly, huffing her presence ahead of time so she wouldn't scare him. And then... there he was. Sunny! she said happily as she made her way over to him. She attempted to nudge his shoulder in a friendly hello. What are you doing out here? Was he on his way to visit Easthollow?
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
A voice startled him out of his thoughts, a familiar one that had him turning quickly his eyes wide with disbelief. A surprised smile stretched across his maw as he saw who it was, eyes brightening immediately "Steph!" He said and wagged as she nudged him, rising into a sitting position to greet her properly "Just taking a little while to myself...ended up here. It's been a long time, how are you?" he asked her, eyes warm as he studied her. She was grown up, scars along her fur that suggested some rough fights and a leanness that suggested infrequent meals at one point. He knew that feeling all too well and felt a hint of concern though she looked well off enough now that he didn't think saying anything was necessary. He sniffed at her fur and smelled the familiar scent of Easthollow which wasn't surprising at all.

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She sat back on her haunches in front of him, her tail brushing the ground behind her as it continued to wag. Do you mind the company? she asked. It seemed as though his original intent was to be alone, and she didn't want to intrude. But, she also really missed him, and hoped he said it was okay that she stay for a bit. 

Where are you these days? she asked, unsure of what pack he was in. Last she heard, Morningside was no more and the pack had scattered. With her being gone, and with the attacks since she'd been back, there had been little talk of who went where.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
"No of course not!" He said, glad for her presence especially when he had begun to feel the sadness of memories. He missed her, he was surprised to realise it but he really did. She was such a happy spirit and she had saved him a lot of sadness that time when he had come to mourn Keoni. She asked where he was and he pointed north ish toward the mountains "A pack called Elysium in the mountains. When Morningside was crumbling we were offered sanctuary and ended up staying there. You're still in Easthollow Right? How's that?" he asked wanting to hear about her. As far as he had known she had been around he didn't know she had left for a while.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She smiled when he said he didn't mind the company, glad of it. Of course, she would have left him alone if he wanted, but she supposed she needed the company, too. During her short month back, things had been so hectic, and she hadn't really gotten the chance to stop and relax. To be able to do that with Sunny made her feel all the better.

I'm glad they took you all in, she replied softly. In her mind, she thought Easthollow would have, too, but she didn't say it aloud. Where are they? she asked, wondering if they were close. If so, Steph was thinking they could visit each other often. 

She nodded, confirming she was still in her home pack. Yeah, I've been back about one moon cycle, she said. I left mid-winter to go off on my own and explore, she explained. Things have been a little rough, she admitted. Not long after I got back, my little sister was attacked at our borders. While she did live, Valette has been extremely protective over her, and hasn't let her outside of the den, so I'm not sure if she has any permanent injuries or not, Steph explained. She thought that if Leta was alright, Valette might have let her out by now. But, if Leta has something that will never truly heal, her mother might feel too protective of her to let her go very far. It's just been... on edge, since then. Even she had to admit that she hadn't felt very comfortable since then.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He smiled his eyes glimmering softly "It was mutual...they needed help. They made us feel at home and while a lot of us left or..or passed on I am grateful" he said gently his gaze dropping at the mention of death. She asked where Elysium was and he glanced back up  "Northwest right past the ridge in the mountains. Lots of willow trees, you can smell the coast on really windy days" he gave her the instructions as detailed as possible, giving her a questioning look but deciding it made sense she would be curious. 

He listened intently to what she said, surprised that she went off on her own during the winter. He nodded when she said it had been rough, he could imagine being alone during winter must be awful. His eyes rounded with concern as she said one of Valette's kids had been attacked and he thought of Minnow and Aliac. It seemed that things in the wilds were getting dangerous and he wondered just how many attacks had been made on packs by fauna and wolves. "My daughter was kidnapped a while back and...and last month Elysium had a bear attack. I lost my sister in law and my wife. We lost one other too, Ariel" he said softly his voice sympathetic "it's hard not to be overprotective but I made that mistake before. In time Valette will let her out im sure" he said giving her a smile though the small concern he felt showed in the softness of his eyes. After a moment of silence he realised she didn't know about his family or anything else that happened. It had been so long. "My dad died...Morningside kinda went to shit and in Elysium I became mated to Aliac. We had three kids and um...well now I'm just trying to manage Elysium and my family by myself. A few wolves have stepped up but...its rough." he didnt want to make things too sad though and so he gave her a lopsided smile, a teasing gleam in his eye as he leaned in "How about you Steph? Wooed anyone? Broken any hearts?" he secretly expected her to say she had indeed found an interest, he couldn't see her having trouble in that department.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It seemed the merging of the packs was beneficial for all those involved, which was good. She listened as he explained where Elysium was, her eyes shifting in that general direction. She couldn't remember having ever been that far before. Maybe I can visit you soon, she inquired, her voice making it into a question. 

She frowned as he told her of his own family and their bad luck. I'm so sorry, Sunny, she said softly, remembering his loss of Keoni, Steph's sister, a while back. She saw the lopsided grin, and knew he was trying to lighten the moment. She would let it go, not wanting him to talk about the painful subject any more than he wanted to. 

When he leaned in, her breath hitched and her heart skipped a beat. What she had been expecting, she wasn't sure, but it wasn't him to ask her about her own love life. A little nervously, she chuckled. Ah, no, no one, she admitted. I've been focusing on the pack, and Mom, she added. Then, it occurred to her. Actually, Easthollow is mostly females now. The males that are there are all family, either by blood or mateship, she explained. She shrugged. She had never really thought about finding a mate, to be honest. Though, she was still confused as to her response when he leaned in closer. What was that about?
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He nodded when she said she had been focused on the pack and family. He got it, that was always what he did. For some reason though he thought of suggesting maybe she try to focus on herself a little bit but it was wrong to do so, especially when he always put others before himself. He wasn't sure how to respond without coming across as weird, his last run in with Wraen made him more aware of what he let come from his mouth. He studied her for a moment, ears shifting and mouth opening though he didn't say anything. Finally he sighed and offered her a small smile his eyes kind "I'd say that's awesome but...that's probably because I'm a guy" he gave a small chuckle and then grew more serious, amber gaze lifting to hers "You'll find someone when you're ready Steph. You're awesome and -please dont get mad at me- you're pretty" definitely not eloquent but he didn't think that he said anything wrong. He replayed what he said in his mind and remembered what Wraen said about making a woman feel special. "you're really good at cheering people up, you're hardworking, your smile is.." what was he doing? He stopped and if he had no fur and was human he'd be as red as a tomato. He ducked his head and cleared his throat, a weird nervous type of sensation quickening his heartbeat. He knew what it was and he immediately was plagued with guilt. Aliac was dead and here he was telling another woman how amazing she was while his kids were back home. He chuckled softly, the sound awkward and tinted with a hint of his sadness "So yeah..you'll find someone" he awkwardly finished.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Silence followed, and Steph found herself being studied like she never had before. Sunny wasn't saying anything, and she wished he would have. What was he thinking? Finally, the words flowed again. But, it wasn't what she expected. Sure, the usual "You'll find someone," was offered, but Sunny went beyond what anyone ever had before. 

You're awesome... You're pretty... Your smile is... What was her smile? He didn't finish. Steph's heart was racing. No one had ever given her such compliments before. Sure, she had heard she was a hard worker. But, these were so much more... personal. 

Steph was frozen in place, her wide eyes not moving from Sunny's face. She was quiet, absorbing his words for a few moments. I hope... What? Steph, think! I hope that you won't mourn too long, she settled on. You're a good man, you deserve love, and I believe your mate would not have wanted you to be alone forever. Any woman that would be worth Sunny's love would think so, anyways. 

Was that the right thing to say? Really, no one could tell Sunny when he was ready to love again. It was all his decision, and Steph was no one to have the right to push him. She took a settling breath, chuckling a little nervously. I suppose I would either have to wait for a male to show up at the borders one day, or... Go looking, she said. It hadn't been something that entered her mind before now, but those were the only options she had. Lately, only females had joined the pack, so she was severely limited on what she could do. If she wanted a mate, that is. Did she?
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He couldn't tell whether she was pleased with the compliments or if he had weirded her out and he held his breath, ears shifting nervously back until she spoke. The words didn't offend him but instead they brought a wave of yearning and an even bigger wave of guilt. "I think she'd just want us to live happy" he settled on that as a response because it was the truth, he knew Aliac wouldn't want him sad forever but he hadn't had the time to really mourn her loss properly either. "Just not yet...not while the kids barely understand the concept of death and what happened to their mother. Not while I still wake up missing her. I can't do that to her, myself, or any future woman...it wouldn't be fair" he spoke openly, trusting that Steph was someone who wouldn't hold it against him. The conversation paused and after a moment she chuckled and he glanced back up at her. He smiled warmly, his eyes glittering with humor as the sadness faded into the background again "Both. Find a love elsewhere and make him come to you professing his undying devotion" he was joking but on a second thought decided that actually sounded like something kinda romantic.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He seemed to agree with her statement, though understandably there was a timeframe in which that might happen. Of course, she said agreeingly. It would not happen overnight, but she had faith that Sunny would be alright. He seemed like a strong male, one who had stood on his own and made his own way. He was strong enough to get through this. She inched forward, putting her nose to his neck as an intent to comfort him. After a moment, she retreated her head a bit, back to its normal position.

She thought about his idea. Maybe that might work, she said with a grin. Then, she got an idea. Hey, maybe I could come visit your pack. You know, see if anyone might interest me there, she said, sort of posing it as a question.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He felt more at peace with the understanding that Steph gave him, his eyes closing as she touched her nose to his fur chasing away the remainder of his sadness. The last time they had seen one another had been the same, he was mourning her half sister's death and she had lured him into a game which ended up sucessfully raising his spirits. She suggested visiting Elysium to check out her options there and he didn't see anything wrong with it, in fact he really wanted to see her again and it was easier than him having to leave the pups behind to visit Easthollow. He nodded eagerly "Yeah, I'm not sure how many of our guys are open to romance but i'd really like to see you again anyhow. You can meet my kids if you want?" he smiled eyes bright and cheery again.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He accepted her comfort, a good sign, she thought. She might have been a little worried if he pulled away. Some wolves needed to mourn alone, but Sunny seemed like he liked the company, instead of the alone time. She smiled when he said he'd like to see her again, and she'd even get to meet his kids! Steph forgot all about the other males.

Her tail thumped the ground. That would be great! I'll check with Mom and Greyback, and come as soon as I can, she replied. No need to waste time!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He couldn't help but laugh, his eyes sparkling with humor. The excitement she showed to visit him and his kids brought that funny tickling warmth again and he ducked his head, still grinning "It is really good to see you again Steph. Tell Valette I said hello and that as soon as I can I'll come to visit her" he felt sort of sad to have to be ending their meeting short but he knew he'd have to start the run home otherwise he wouldn't be back before dark and tonight he wanted to snuggle his kids before going to bed. "I have to go, I don't want to leave things alone too long" he said and leaned in to touch his nose gingerly to the crook of her shoulder and neck "I'll be waiting for your visit, It's now at the top of my list of things to look forward to" he said with a playful grin as he stood up and shook pieces of grass from his pelt.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The conversation was coming to an end, and though Steph didn't want it to, she couldn't, wouldn't, be so selfish as to keep him from his children. They needed him more than anything right now. She nodded, I'll tell her, she promised. She smiled, and her tail thumped the ground when he leaned in to nuzzle her. There went her heart again, thumping away in her chest. I'll come soon, she promised, nuzzling him back. She couldn't remember when she had been so affectionate with anyone else, but then again, Sunny made it easy. She would made sure to take some time soon to go see him.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He felt a twinge of fluttering in his stomach as she nuzzled him back and pulled away reluctantly, his eyes sparkling as she said she would come soon. He almost said he'd be waiting but kept that locked down, instead smiling warmly  "See you then Steph" he answered and though he wished he didn't have to quite yet he turned around and walked off, heart racing wildly as if he had ran for miles instead of chatting with an old friend.