Firefly Glen make it make sense
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
I apologize for the wait! Two very busy and hectic weeks. :)

"The best way to find out is probably travelling there yourself," Wraen shrugged, though she had never been that tempted to see a neverending night. The short daylight hours during autumn and winter here were quite enough for her not to wish to experience a months-long darkness. The very thought made her shiver. Better to leave it to the stories and others to discover.

Reading clouds was easier than spotting particular constellations among billions of stars in the nightsky. For one thing - they were way bigger and harder to miss and always there. While Jarilo shared his knowledge, Wraen found it easy to picture exactly, what he was describing. "You can kind of feel the worse weather coming," she remarked, when he had finished. "The air changes and in the back of my head I have a sense that something is brewing. Kind of," she said.

"When I was small, I used to watch the clouds and try to make shapes out of them," she reminisced about that far-away time called childhood. Not that many years had passed, that child was still with her, but years of life had made the experience a different thing. "And there was a time, when I believed that, the way to the cloud world was by digging the ground. Sometimes the layers of earth are in different colour. I thought... that maybe I could get through that and wave my parents a hello from above."
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
no worries at all! <3 i am not much better these days, so goings are slow all around
Wraen made a good point, but Jarilo was far too much of a homebody to earnestly ever aspire to travel and see it for himself. He had to rely on the tales others brought back with them, and of course, his own speculations. He probably would never travel far enough away to leave the ever-watchful eye of the Spear for long enough to ever think it possible. Too true, but I'm not that motivated to see it for myself. I like the nights and all but.. that's a lot, he reasoned. And, he was comfortable here with no aspirations to up and leave, even to see the mysteries of nature unfold for himself. He could make do here just fine.

Onward, he did relate well. His mother had taught him how to listen for those signals of the weather, and he grinned a bit as Wraen explained her experience with it too, happy to know she was aware of it too--but any beast here long enough ought to figure it out, anyway. Yeah, I feel it too, I think. Sometimes you can even smell it, but especially up on the heights for me, you just get that... really certain feeling, he tried to explain. Despite not having the best flow to his words then, he knew his clarity was at its finest further up, all closer to the skies themselves. Down in the flatlands.. maybe he was distracted, or just not quite so in tune with the greater picture without elevations on his side. Not really something he was feeling like considering at length now as Wraen's glimpse into her youth captured his attentions wholeheartedly.

That's an interesting take on it, to go down to get them, the Ostrega chuffed a bit, curious of that reverse there to reach her noble goal of a wave from above. I guess it's always just been too easy for me to look up, he supposed with a soft laugh, though didn't lose the small glimmer of humor that remained after as he quieted, and instinctively glanced right up.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I agree. Though one can find truth in the most unpredictable places," Wraen added with a laugh and followed Jarilo's gaze to the dark blue sky, where the stars seemed to twinkle and wink cheerfully at the two wolves on the Earth. If she thought about them a little more, she could almost hear their tinkling fairy laugh and merry chatter. 

"Well, Jarilo, this has been the most extraordinary meeting for me," she broke the silence and got to her feet, preparing to head home. It would be great, if she could spend more time with the fellow, but responsibilities called and it did not seem fair to leave the poor parents to deal with their own brood 24/7 without any respite. 

"I hope that we can meet again and you can teach me more about weather next time," Wraen smiled, waiting to hear, what the young man had to say (if anything) and then padding back home, which she would reach by the sunrise.

Thanks for the thread! This was a very nice encounter. :)