Ankyra Sound Enough is Enough
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
All Welcome 
Official leaving post for Vengeance! Anyone can join if no one does I will close it within a month. As far as he's concerned, he's a loner and will act aggressively toward anyone who stands in his way out

One after another the leadership changed. Ever since his entrance within the pack, every two weeks or so a new face would claim the highest rank among them, four that he knows of, and one of them he didn't even have a face to. Once the white male had overthrown Vercingetorix, Vengeance left the meeting regarding that whole conundrum and made his way toward the borders. Without a word.

He didn't have to explain himself. They should know why anyone would leave at this point. A dysfunctional pack that had no leader to hold the rank, and who's to say if and when that mother of theirs would return, the Alpha he had never seen, would she too aim to gain her rank back upon return? This time, as he encroaches on the final stretch of land that made up the borders of Rusalka, he wouldn't be alone. Alison would be waiting, as usual.
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
staying vague since idk how the thread will end up!

Following what was very likely a catastrophic event, Raleska was quick to go to the borders and make sure that Vercingetorix was truly gone. It was not enough to have chased him out -- she did not trust him (obviously) to do an about-face and come back and kill them all in the night.

She came across Vengeance as he was leaving, but Raleska erroneously assumed he was doing the same as her -- patrolling. Setting her ears forward, Raleska matched his pace and drew alongside him. "Hey-- patrolling?" She wondered if Kaertok was out there doing the same, and for a brief spell was flushed with gratitude to have so many wolves at her back that cared for Rusalka.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Just feet away from the borders, he wasn't certain what had happened after he had left when the white man had taken Vercingetorix down. All he knew is that his blood boiled. Yearned fight, to rage, to war - and to bow to yet another strange face, pushed him into a tipping point. 

Eyes drew to his side as the young Beta quickly found herself walking next to him. There were no signs of respect for her higher rank she still held over him, this time he stood at his highest most comfortable posture as he continued to walk. Eyes, unimpressed, glancing down at her and then back onto his track. No. Lips quivering as he spoke the one word, heart racing in his chest as adrenaline continued to pour into every fiber of his being. 

He was done playing the good boy.

His next actions relied on the young Beta's actions, her words.
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska was observant enough to notice a change. She had never been a wolf to lord her rank over others (in many ways she was like her mother — she assumed the title spoke for itself, and any posturing thereafter was simply insecurity pouring forth—) but what was this? Vengeance’s body language was clearly different; detached and disrespectful, even. 

Her brow furrowed in confusion. If he wasn’t patrolling... was he leaving? He seemed partially on edge near her, sharper than she was used to. Slowing to a halt, Raleska worked the knot that painfully pressed against her throat. You’re leaving? Try as she might to keep that tough and prickly exterior, there was a semblance of betrayal that crept into her voice. Why did everyone eventually leave Rusalka when the going got rough? It seemed like any ounce of adversity had people jumping to their feet, ready to move on rather than dig in. Was that how friends and families worked?
at times unbearably so.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Ears flickered into the direction of the young beta, catching the frog in her throat as she spoke. Her tone, weak, hurt, as though his leaving meant more than just losing one soldier within the ranks. As she slowed to a stop, he continued, without a word, without a glance, to cross the border where she, where all Rusalkans held no position over him. Only once the border had been crossed did he turn, facing the young dark-coated woman with fire in his eyes as he stared her down. Fury, that's what he felt toward her tone. 

Hackles rising as he spoke, tone as bitter as ever as every word held a bite of their own. Four Alphas, two betas, all within my short time as a member. he began. If in my position, what would your thoughts be. Only slightly did his lips pull back, a sneer in her direction as he asked his question.

he waited just long enough for her to ponder his words, if not reply before continuing. Tail lashing behind him as he stood ground. You asked if I would kill in the name of Rusalka - but the proper question should have been would you fight for it.
576 Posts
Ooc —
There were so many lessons Raleska had yet to learn, and as Vengeance wheeled around and fixed her with his iron-sights, she was keenly taught another one: always ask the right questions.

Still, that didn't ease the hurt that staked through her heart as Vengeance pretty much announced he was throwing in the towel. Raleska had lived a hard life: she was young, but she had been through a crucible many others would soon perish in. Even then, it didn't dampen the blow as she saw yet another wolf she liked walk in, and then just as easily walk out, of her life. Her father (involuntary). Eurycrates (involuntary). Niamh (voluntary). Even Vercingetorix, where there was little love lost between them, had shown wolves were fickle and not to be trusted.

Did that mean Kaertok too would eventually leave...? ... Rosalyn ...? Erzulie...?

The frown across her features deepened. She would not beg him. She would not stop him if that was his wish. Everything she wanted to say or counter was brought to her tongue and then it withered and died there.. Leaden and powerless to speak in a controlled manner, Raleska's eyes hardened and she simply nodded in response.

Fine, go -- if that's how you feel..  Raleska could not help the bitterness that tinged her expression. She would not stop him. She would not fight to prove herself to those she ought not need to prove herself to; perhaps that was a hard lesson to swallow, too -- because too often, we put our faith in those who did not deserve it. And we fought too hard for things that in the end, were our undoing. Raleska did not want to make that mistake, and she fought to keep her composure even though it threatened to break through.

No, she would be strong.. and if Vengeance was strong too, maybe she would see him around someday. But she would not beg.
at times unbearably so.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Raleska had nothing left to give. At this, Vengeance relaxed. Reluctantly so as it still thirsts for battle, ever since Vercingetorix declared a challenge versus everyone who decided he wasn't fit to rule - but as far as he was concerned, Raleska didn't have any fight in her. This was partly the reason for his departure, he saw no bite behind that bark of hers, of any of the leaders he had seen as they led Rusalka. It was just a title to them, not a duty.

But with her nod, he saw one opportunity before turning to continue one last time out into the loner lands, away from Rusalka as their member. Should Easthollow declare war, send word to summon me. He waited for her attention before continuing. Our help won't come free. There it was, his first offer, the posting had begun for work in exchange for something in return. 

If you can't find me, I have enough followers, ask them for my summon to Rusalka. And with that said, he turned one final time to make his way away from Rusalka one last time as a welcomed guest - who knows when he'd see any of them again. Whether it would be a pleasurable meeting, or something... less enjoyable. Only time would tell.
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska would have been devastated to learn Vengeance’s opinion of her — as it was, it likely would have made her stronger. Her skin was not as thick as she would like to believe, and it was becoming painfully apparent as she came to grips with the realization he was leaving. 

She was too young to have mastered dignity and accepting things one did not want with grace. Her throat tightened at Vengeance’s offer, but she could not find anything encouraging to say. Feeling herself shut down (which likely would push him even further from her) Raleska felt a burning in her gaze that was unbidden as she answered in a tone much too stiff for her liking: Thanks. Bye. He was leaving her, and the sound — how could she accept that gracefully?
at times unbearably so.