Lost Creek Hollow Shake it off, let's go!
8 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 

Joe whistles.

Trees tower high above his head. The sound of water flows in the distance. Yeah, this place is nice.

It reminds him a bit of Croaking Creek, or what his pa and ma told him about it. He doesn't actually remember much about the place. Just that it was a swampy marshland backed up to the coast where funny rock creatures and giant water lizards lived.

He does not smell the salty sea air though, so it probably isn't the same. Maybe more like Spirtlight Falls then.

Regardless, he likes what he sees.

Joe leans his head back, and howls.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
When the summoning call echoed in the forest, Sarah happened to be the nearest person to the place and arrived before Terance or Arbiter. She first measured the stranger with a look and not feeling in any way impressed (to be fair - she did not like strangers in general, nothing personal), she closed the distance between them.

"What do you want?" Sarah asked, omitting the diplomatic nonesenses such as greetings and making no attempt to polite-fy her inquiry. She went straight to the point and expected him to do the same. Plain and simple answers, no eloquent speeches and meaningless praises.
8 Posts
Ooc —
Oh wow. Oh, wow.

Maybe she isn't impressed with him, but he's impressed with her. Joe thinks love smacked him firm in the face with a fat trout.

His jaw slowly creaks open and hangs there for a good bit too long. Awkward, but he's a bit starstruck. Talk about heart eyes right now.

Well, he—... howdy! Uh, just... admiring how beautiful y— this place is! I... What did he want again? He doesn't remember. Brain work!

Oh, man, ummmm... Do you guys have room for one more? Need a helping paw?
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
If the guy had been in any way as sensitive as Ibis, he would have been not only put off, but also deeply insulted by her tone. This guy did not seem particularly affected, he had not even notice the very un-subtle "better bugger off" side-meaning to her inquiry. Or the "you are wasting my precious time" vibe. Instead he stared at her for, what seemed ages, and made her feel uncomfortable. Also question his sanity a bit, but - let's remember - that she was not particularly objective person, who was very inclined not to like him. Just give her more reasons.

If Sarah had been in charge, she would have replied with a Big Fat NO!. They had lost the weight of good amount of strangers recently and she was content to have only the small circle of family. But whether this guy was going to gain access to the place, was up to Arbiter and Terance. Not her. She could "entertain" him until their arrival. "Are you any good?" she asked, postponing the exchange of names. After all, if the guy was cut out for work, did it really matter, what his name was?

That's an unexpected twist! :D
8 Posts
Ooc —
Hahaha p; I couldn't resist

Joe oblivious? Nah, he's just overly optimistic. I mean, if he hasn't gotten that big fat NO yet, he can sit here daydreaming all he wants, right?

Man, she's got pretty eyes. Has anyone ever told her that? Maybe Joe ought to... but he's so damn nervous! How did John talk to pretty girls so confidently?

"Are you any good?"

At wh— He cuts once the light bulb flicks on above his head. Oh! She didn't mean it like that, or... did she?

Hell yeah, of course! Wouldn't be offering my expertise if I weren't. He says with confidence, puffing his chest out some with a toothy grin. Anythin' y'all want done will be finished in a blink of an eye!
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Sarah was not the one to waste words, if there was an option to be curt and direct in asking and telling, she did not look for another. She also did not play much with double-meanings and mischievous hints. If she wished something - even if it would, hypothetically, be that - she just asked. Plain and simple.

"You have to be more specific than that," she pointed out dryly, toying with the idea of telling him to get lost in a blink of an eye.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance arrived (possibly) just in the nick of time. he could hear sarah's harsh response just as he came nearer, feeling a little anxious. zues, who was at the borders right now? pike had accompanied him, the boy was turning out to be quite the ambitious sort despite his age... good, too, terance was glad to have a child (or two) interested in the same things he was. he stood tall, stiff, but his expression was not cold. it was hard for terance to look small anyhow. he stood before the man, tail arced above his back. beside him, his son did the same thing... though it was a less impressive display.

he reached to nudge his sister gently, giving her an appreciative nod, before looking back at the stranger. terance, he said with a single nod of his head, leader of his hollow. pike, beside him, gave a low (but high pitched) growl. not an angry one, but like he was so excited he could barely contain himself. though he had poised himself pretty well, his tail was beginning to wag furiously at his hocked. terance himself stifled a smile at the site. 

and this is my son, pike, he added, to which the boy gave a wide grin, what brings you to our borders? of course, this would require the man to repeat himself.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Nothing good turned out of this for one reason or the other, just as Sarah had expected. She watched the man go, considered for a moment of, whether she should follow him at a good distance and make sure that he is far off enough for her liking. But decided against it. 

With a brief conversation with Terance and Pike, she disappeared in the woods to busy herself with some useful stuff.