Duck Lake roses - the only flowers she could bear to see cut
i'm a bloody fallen angel
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
All Welcome 
Incidentally, today was a good day: the sun was partly obscured by wisps of clouds so the earth was a bearable sort of temperature - enough so she could survive without needing constant shade and water - and her mind wasn't being attacked by shameful insults and deprecating words, she wasn't shackled down by guilt and shame (for so many things that she'd lost count); everything was almost perfect. And - oh look! A lake! Saarth could feel it now: first, the shock of cold as she dove into the picture perfect water, clear and blue, reflecting the beauty of the sky and then -
Her excited scamper to the lake was interrupted rather rudely, if she did say so herself, by a band of ducks (did ducks walk in bands?) traipsing casually, without a care in the world, across her path. "What the fuck?" Saarth didn't bother keeping her voice down - there was no one around and ducks didn't understand - incredulity lining her words. Then one of the ducks had the nerve, the sheer nerve to glare at her and quack. And then as if inspired by their fellow duck and its courage, the band of ducks all started quacking. Before she knew it, more ducks had emerged from god knows where, all screeching their heads off, all glaring and advancing toward her like some sort of duck army from her nightmares. "No-" Saarthal barked,  trying to swallow her panic and keep order and - "Shhhhh," she stated emphatically to no avail; the cacophony rose in volume, her sanity felt like some distant dream a lifetime ago and she distinctly wondered if she had actually fallen off the deep end this time, wait, close your eyes, breathe....no, you're still here - fucksake -"shut up, ducks! Stop - shit, no, don't you dare move Henry - no, that doesn't mean you can move, no, you shut up, Dave, whoever you are - Christ, look, I just want a nice swim, I don't want trouble." Oh, the lies. When had Saarthal ever not want trouble? Unfortunately, the ducks seemed the share in that sentiment and although some had proceeded to wander off, deciding to behave like normal ducks, some still lingered near Saarth, quacking, creating noise pollution and general nuisance. "I hate you," Saarthal deadpanned. She ducked her head, leaning closer to the ducks until her face was dangerously near (yes, she realised it was a bad idea and what if they bit her head off - oh, it didn't matter) and scowled, "yes, you, Dave. I hate you." Quack, QuaACK, QUACK. "No, I won't apologise, Dave! You should be ashamed of yourself. "
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
ah, but that was where she was wrong... there was someone around, and he had been around the whole time. terance had been watching scene unfold from a distance. it was, to say the least, quite entertaining. 

honestly, terance was mostly surprised she was that close to a flock of ducks and not having her way with them? if he was in her position, he would've broken 4 necks and taken them home to his wife and kids... but, to each their own. either way, spotting her frustration, terance figured he'd go help out. he let out a bark from where he stood, demeanor friendly and happy despite his scarred appearance, before bending into a play bow, wiggling for emphasis, and sending himself in a beeline towards the stranger... barking and barking and barking, doing his best to scare off the flock.
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
Dave the duck glared at her and opened his beak; Saarthal winced and leaned back, ready for the quacks to kill her eardrums. Instead, a bark cut through the cloud of quacks, a very...wolfish bark? Huh? Saarth jerked her head toward the source and - oh, god how long had they been there? And, more importantly, why weren't they helpi- oh shit - the dude was charging and barking, making an impressively loud racket (louder than the ducks) and heading straight for her. Saarthal , taken by surprise, gaped, then promptly got her shit together and scrambled (rather unelegantly) out of the way to watch the spectacle. The ducks took one look at the - jeez, he's tall - barking stranger and scattered like the cowards they were. Saarth was tempted to yell: yeah, run you little bastards! scatter, bitches! but decided against it.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
ha ha!! terance's attempt at startling the birds was successful, leaving him to do a few turns in a dance-like motion as he double checked they gone before looking back at the stranger. it was the osprey in him shining through, looking playful and bright despite the dante appearance he wore. his tail waved, and he flashed the stranger a toothy grin. bastards, aren't they? he quipped, flicking an ear as he looked at her. good introduction, he thought. terance, he added, of lost creek hollow.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
While the flock of noisy ducks appeared to harass a lone wolfess, Artyom crouched low in the grass to study each of them for the best target. He stared for some time, scooting forward from time to time to better see each bird, when another (very sudden) arrival caught everyone by surprise.

Some took flight and the rest scattered, waddling awkwardly with flapping wings. It was when Artyom darted forward with a very different intention that the ducks really reacted. He leapt up to grab at a wing, bringing the squaking creature to the ground where he shook his head violently.

When it hung limp between his jaws, the golden wolf blinked past his prize toward the duo - one of which was his Alpha - and waited for instruction to either join them or get lost.

182 Posts
Ooc — cas
"Dudeeee!!" Saarthal exclaimed, delighted, lips quirked into a lopsided grin, "I was literally just about to say that! They're so freaking loud as well, especially Dave over there-" she turned to gesture, saw a dead duck hanging from - jesus christ where did all these wolves come from?? - a blonde stranger's jaw, gaped for a second, then turned back to terance and with an amused quirk of her brow, deadpanned "-who's, um, dead." 
Saarthal flashed a quick smile at Dave's murderer, Golden Boy to show there were no hard feelings for the duck murder that'd just occured and to invite him over (not that Golden Boy, or GB for short, would even think of it as murder. no, he probably thought the blood in his jaws was rightful blood, blood that belonged to him - ok, there are people around, Saarthal, who probably won't appreciate your theatrics. time to act like a functioning wolf with a normal brain.) "Saarthal," she introduced herself instead with a friendly wag of her tail, "of, uh, nowhere. I'm a loner - homeless," she tilted her head then smiled impishly, and added, "thanks for the save, though. The ducks were really getting to me."
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
the wolf was quite theatrical indeed -- reminding him (with a pain) of the frostfur kids, they'd had quite the personalities. but nonetheless, it was a good breathe of air from the tension that lingered at the hollow. no, nothing was technically wrong, but the uncertainty revolving around their existence was troublesome. terance could only hope that they managed to stay above water... speaking of, he glanced just beside them as one of the scattering ducks was quickly picked off by artyom -- who was proving to be quite the recruit indeed. the leader gave a grin to the wolf, tail swaying, offering him a solemn nod. good catch, he offered, glancing back to the she-wolf who had just expressed her name, seeming to come back down to earth. saarthal, he repeated, motioning to his packmate, this is artyom, he's a part of the hollow too. 

his tail swished as he felt a bit of ease relax over him. regardless of what this wolf had to say, her peppiness was certainly offering him a bit of stress-relief. who knows why. are you looking for somewhere to settle? or just here for the rides, he asked, brow quirking.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Sorry for the wait, please feel free to skip in futur.

A compliment by Terance, was enough to quicken the sweep of his golden tail. He grinned despite his mouthful of fat duck and stepped forward as the dark Alpha took it upon himself to offer introduction - a surefire invitation to remain alongside him.

Artyom settled nearby, lowering his kill to the ground at his paws, and swept his muzzle across an upper forelimb to remove a stray feather that clung to his jaw. He settled himself to observe, a tufted ear pricking at his leader's question for Saarthal and the not-so-subtle suggestion that Lost Creek might have a place for her.

182 Posts
Ooc — cas
Golden Boy was with Terance and had a name: Artyom. He didn't seem to speak or he didn't want to but he had smiled and seemed kind enough which was good enough for her (except for the bit where he murdered the duck, admittedly an annoying duck but still). "Hey Artyom," Saar greeted with an amiable swish of her tail, lips quirked in a good-natured smile. yes saarthal you have managed to withhold your urge to use your own nicknames for strangers, you have successfully completed the first class of adult wolfing 101 after the, what, 10th try?! YES! congrats me! "Oh, uh, I'm looking to settle sometime soon but not yet. Wanna do a bit more exploring of this area first, y'know, but I'll probably find a pack in a month or so." 
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance hummed at the response, disappointed after another failed recruitment opportunity. he wondered how he'd managed to be so poor at picking up wolves -- he wondered if his pack suffered because of him... but he maintained face. i understand, he said, lips still curved into a smile, well, my pack is just that way... if you change your mind. the offer would always stand... for as long as the hollow did.

he glanced to artyom, ready to return home? he asked his packman with a flick of his tail.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
So she was looking to settle, but not immediately. Artyom could appreciate that, as he himself had not been looking to devote himself to a pack right away upon his arrival to the Teekon. His intention had been solely to wander, but a chance encounter with Terance had found presented with an opportunity he could not refuse.

Silent with his kill firm between his jaws, the gentle Russian turned his warm brown eyes to look upon his leader at the suggestion that they return to their hollow. He offered a low nod in quiet agreement before shooting Saarthal one last glance. A sweep of his tail communicated his farewell before he padded from the lake at Terance's flank toward the direction of home.

182 Posts
Ooc — cas
Saarthal's lips quirked in a sheepish smile, disliking the fact that she had disappointed someone else even though it had been a necessary thing to do. She never liked upsetting people, even indirectly. But...no, later - it really wasn't the right time now. Better for them not to have her now, then to have her in their pack for a week, wreck everything in that characteristically Saarthal way and then deal with a ruined reputation and one less pack member. Still...Terance seemed like a pretty decent dude, and the world was short on those now. Ah, whatever. "I'll remember," Saar said instead with a dip of her head and soon turned to go her own way.