Whitefish River Straight to TV
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
All Welcome 

More and more her legs were getting sore. She ran every day, all day, against the pain she felt. She treated her pads at the end of the day for the blisters and wounds that her soft skin would accumulate from abusing them so suddenly, relentlessly. But Speedy and her pups would wait for no one, she had to get strong enough for Ira to train her soon, there was no time to waste in waiting for her body to catch up properly!

Pushing herself again today, Reiko finally made her way to the river for a quick drink. If anything, she knew to keep up with her hydration in order to continue on with her training. Soon she would contact Ira again and see if she was worthy yet to begin her training. 

Shaky legs pushed against her lithe body to hold her up as she dipped her head to take a drink of the cool water, heaving chest gathered air as much as it could between sips to ease her breathing. Soon it would calm, but for now it was fast and quick - as adrenaline eventually faded, the young snowy femme allowed fatigue to take over, collapsing on the spot, her nose close enough to the water to keep drinking, she laid on her belly to give her body a break it oh so deserved.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

133 Posts
Ooc —
The cowboy had been sitting at the river's edge, attempting (keyword attempt) to catch fish. It wasn't his forte, but it was one of the main food sources for Kaistleoki and he intended to learn the skill so others could feast at night. Soon a small girl rushed out of the forest to drink and collapsed in the process, drawing his attention.

Tobias was quick to jump to his feet as he hurried over making sure she was ok, Whoa there darlin', slow down. His quick inspection showed no injuries, just a severely out of breath wolf. What's all the rushin' about? He had seen the white pelt speed past on more than one occasion as of late, but it was always so fast he never had the chance to slow her down and question why.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
In her fatigue, Reiko didn't notice the man approach until he spoke up, eyes lifted to make contact, and only spoke after she realized it was the familiar man that she had met in the meetings lately. Tobi, she thinks his name was. Every now and then she would hear names in the wind, spoken by others in conversations, she could only assume it was him. There were few males in the pack to confuse him with after all. 

Slowly her tail wagged in response, corners lifting on her lips to smile up at him from where she lay. Speedy is due any day, I have to be ready. Oh how she wanted to sit up and be more polite, but maybe, maybe it was okay for her to lay down for just a little longer. Her legs demanded rest, despite how she wanted to get up and get going again. She would call on Ira again soon, and wanted to be ready by then.

Pardon my appearance, we haven't officially met yet have we? My name is Reiko, Rei for short. You've been with Evergreen for a while too, right? I'm sorry I haven't made more of an effort to meet with everyone yet.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

133 Posts
Ooc —
Tobias, but Tobi works fine.Ah Speedy, she was fairly large now. It wasn't much of a surprise that she was due soon. Did that make this girl one of the healers? Evergreen did mention there being a few medics in the pack. I see, in that case, is there anything I can do to assist you? Not like he was being super productive right now anyways. Fish weren't exactly biting...er he wasn't biting fish. Same thing.

You should rest up if you're gonna help with the birth. Don't want ya tuckered out before it's even time right? It seemed the whole pack had been supportive of the expecting mother, and he was glad. What happened wasn't right, but Speedy wasn't a bad wolf. She didn't deserve to suffer for one mistake.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
It was Tobi, Tobias for long as she learned. It was an easy name to remember thankfully, otherwise she might be struggling to remember anything other than desiring a nap! She thought about his offer for a moment - for the most part she didn't dare be a nuisance, but on the other... a low growl escaped her belly, it reminded her of something she often neglected, even before the training; food.

Do you have anything to spare? Sheepishly her smile grew, there was no helping the question from coming out. She was tired, and unless she could find carrion or some leftovers around, she'd go hungry until she could go hunt something for herself.

Oh I don't think I will be helping with the birth. She sighed, clearly the young woman was disappointed with those words. If the pack didn't already have a few healers who were more than capable of helping Speedy, no power on heaven or earth would stop Reiko from helping with the delivery.. but with too many cooks in the kitchen, Reiko chose to be back up if all else fails. There are many who can help, I wish to be more of use doing something else. I'm training to be their guardian. This time she held a mild pride in her words, once again the plush tail behind her patting against the ground against her will.
Healing (2/6)

133 Posts
Ooc —
Ears perked as a low rumble struck his ears. At first, he would have thought the woman growled at him, but it was soon clear that the source was actually her stomach. Of course how silly of him. Tobias wasn't much of a hunter, but if the lady wanted food he would gladly scavenge of something for her (worst case there were the caches).

He hummed as Reiko explained her handing the wheel to the other medics for the birth, perhaps she had never delivered before. The girl did seem quite young. She was, however, picking up a mercenary trade! How admirable. The cowboy flashed his famous grin as he lowered his head. I suppose that explains the runnin'? He wanted to laugh but managed to hold the urge back.

Do ya like fish, Ma'am? Tobias raised his head to gauge the girl's reaction. Again. He's not a fisher, but if she wanted fish, he was going to catch one. If not it would be easy enough to run off and grab a rabbit or some other small woodland creature to serve as a snack for the working girl.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Yes sir. Ira instructed for me to train by focussing on my speed as an advantage, then she will train me further in the art of being a guard. Even if the thought scared her a little, she hoped that the day would never come that she would need to put her training into effect - but at least she would have that would the day ever come. It was always best to be prepared for the worst, but hope for the best. 

Then fish came into the conversation, immediately the girl pushed herself up into a sit, eyes beaming with delight at the offer. Yes I do! It was a rare treat from where I come from. She has yet to perfect the art of fishing herself, and so she would take any opportunity to indulge. I can help if you wish? By helping, she would take notes of course... see if she can pick up a thing or two from Tobi without asking for some training. He was doing enough for her anyway, she wouldn't dare ask anything further by asking for some fishing tips.
Healing (2/6)

133 Posts
Ooc —
Ah so the Constable had instructed her to do all this runnin about. It made sense if he really thought about it, but it still seemed a bit strange. Then again, he wasn't the warrior type so who was he to judge when he never really trained in any way to fight.

The girl perked up to his question about fish, guess he was catching a fish today one way or another. Alright, let's see what we can wrangle up then eh? He padded back to his spot along the river, leaning over where his shadow did not fall into the currents and scanned for any movement. He figured Reiko would do the same or find somewhere else along the bank, so he just went into his own world.

Eventually, a fish or two would swim close enough that he had the chance to dart his paw into the water, but he hadn't quite mastered hooking them yet, so the cowboy usually ended up throwing the creatures into the air as he tried to snap then in the air.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
While Tobi went off on his own to fish, Reiko supposed this would be a solo hunt for each. Anxious at her own abilities, she didn't feel confident enough to snag one herself. Gently her toes dipped into the water again, this time with more purpose than to just drop there for a rest. Slowly she wadded in, merging with the current as the tendrils of white flowed down the stream, gently she walked out into the deeper water, careful to not disturb the ground too much and wait...

Patience... she figured. She had seen some bears hunt fish before, and other wolves... everyone had their own tactic, to her it seemed like waiting for one to come close enough was a better option for her. Leaning over the water, she stood as still as possible... her heart once racing to keep up with the training had now slowed as she watched the shadows...

Soon enough she was rewarded with something, it was small but a shadow came swimming close enough to her feet. In one instant swoop she dove her muzzle into the water, teeth grazing the flesh of the fish and! Nothing. Coughing as she came back up from the water, some went up her nose as she still had yet to get accustomed to the art.

Drats. She was only a little disappointed, but once again.. she poised herself to wait, this time her face dripped as it hung over the water - but she would remain patient. Hopefully Tobi had better luck on his end.
Healing (2/6)

133 Posts
Ooc —
Like most in Kaistleoki, Tobias wasn't the most skilled fisher, but he did have experience. He just had to wait for the right moment. After his few failed attempts, his jaws managed to latch onto one of the river dwellers after he had flung it out of it's home and two more tries landed him a second.

Grabbing the two by their tails, the cowboy headed downriver to where he had noticed the smaller girl flailing and placed his kills at the bank. They're tricky varmints, it's best to get them out of the water where they have the advantage before you go in for the kill. He tilted his head to the fish and flashed a grin, At least that's what I find works best. Come dry off and eat something.