Stone Circle But I don't wanna let it go
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
All Welcome 
@Ira & @Valette
Please let Ira post first and then AW ❤

Coming back to Easthollow has him feeling a mix of nervousness and excitement all in one. He knows Valette hadn't been pleased with his departure, but he hopes to resolve any ruffled feathers with this trip.

From Diaspora, they travel through Wapun Meadow to get here. Evergreen insisted on a quick meal break, but he knows Ira is likely ready to see her family again.

If all things go well, maybe they'll stay a day so she can reunite with her family, and those she also cares for here.

It feels strange stopping at the borders, reminiscent almost of the time he was a mere loner worried of cannibals and wanting to hide behind tiny Thistle.

Eve halts, and he calls for Valette.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
To say she was eager to continue their travels was an understatement. Her family was here and despite how pleasant Kaistleoki has been, she still missed aspects of Easthollow that were unique to the open prairie pack. For her to say the same about Evergreen would likely be inaccurate. Maybe in another life, they both could have been happy here.

The call sounded for Valette as they approached the borders and she could only hope that she would bring her siblings along. They were still young, but surely they were old enough to start venturing towards the borders now, right? Maybe she was jumping the gun a bit too soon, she was just excited to see her family and it was evident by the small smile on her lips.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette lifted her head when she heard a familiar tone. She nosed Greyback before leaving. She expected him to stay with the children. Leta was still not doing well, and the mother could use to stretch her legs. She still had a bit of a limp from her right front leg as she sprained it. At least she could put her weight on it slightly better.

The female trotted towards the pair at the borders. Ira was there as well!! She tried to go faster but that showed her limp more. The Matriarch stopped before them, tail wagging but clearly not as excited as she usually was. She couldn't with that limp, she couldn't jump around. Plus, with her worry for Leta she had not been able to channel her happiest smile. "Good to see you both," she greeted.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Round ears perk alert as he hears footfalls gradually approach. Their nature, however, off in a way that instantly bothered the bear. His mismatched gaze shifts to Ira, wondering if she, too, noticed the odd tempo.

Upon the horizon, the familiar form of Valette appears, and Evergreen cannot resist the smile and tail wag. Yet it is shy, uncertain for he is concerned she will not be as pleased to see him as she ought to be with Ira. The Kaistleoki Count's personal doubts quickly vanish, however, when he notices her injuries.

He steps forward, concern written all over his face and body language.

I... it is good to see you as well, Mrs Valette, but... what happened? You are hurt!
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
A frown plastered the warrior's face as Valette came into view, she had caught the gaze of Evergreen as if they had both silently shared their concerns. Evergreen was first to greet the Matriarch, but Ira would be quick on his heels.

Valette. She gave a small dip of her head as her gaze honed in on her injured paw. What had happened to cause the injury? Did a hunt go wrong? Evergreen had already asked the question so she favored silence hoping she would explain all.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
writing from old iPad! Might be a bit shorter

Valette offered a quick smile that didn't reach her eyes. She was tired from being alert all the time. She glanced down at her paw when Evergreen asked. "Oh this? It is alright. I showed the kids the bison but West was too excited and ran at them, and of course the bison reacted so I had to save him. He is fine. I just sprained it when I made a sharp turn," she explained and then sighed. She decided to tell them right away.

"It is boing compared to Leta though. She was attacked, right under my nose by a woman with a white body and black face. Out of nowhere..." Valette swallowed. "She lived but hasn't been that active. I'm not sure if I should be lucky if she is alive. She might not be the same." Valette started to tear up. Things had been wild lately in Easthollow. Even Laurel was attacked, which she heard later. And then there were minor things as well, like Newt's allergies, her injury, and het lack of contact with Greyback since they were both dealing with Leta's attack.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Apologies for the delay!

His concern deepens when Valette explains that the incident revolved the pups. It’s always a worry when it comes to the kids, for no one wants them to be harmed… including the savior in the situation. When she continued, however, his expression goes from concern to shock. Leta had been attacked? Why…

Evergreen hesitantly approaches Valette, offering a shoulder to lean on if she needed.

I’m so sorry to hear that, he whispers. His condolences do little to heal the situation, but… Do you know why this woman attacked? Evergreen questions, his voice soft and he hopes that the information isn’t too prying. If Kaistleoki could be on the lookout and potentially find this person… He glances towards Ira.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Relief washed over her hearing the sprain was but a small injury. Her mind had wandered too far, but perhaps the pups were still quite the handful even though they were older now. Her relief was short-lived however as the matriarch continued.

Leta had been attacked? she felt as if her heart had stopped as Valette explained her condition. Ira's first reaction was to race out to the Alpha's den to see for herself, but she rooted herself to the spot where she stood.

What reason would a stranger have to harm your pup? Do tell me you did not let her escape?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette let out a long sigh and shook her head. "No, I don't know," she spoke bitterly. That was what annoyed her the most. She had been right there and this female had just snatched her. "Her body was white and her face was black. She was small and had a feral way about her. Perhaps I was just unlucky," she admitted with pain in her heart. She felt that she didn't deserve such bad luck after everything she had been through but it had happened and she had to get past it.

"She escaped," Valette returned shortly, her green eyes looked dark for a moment. She might not have escaped when Ira had been still with them. When Evergreen was still with them. They were their main protectors. While she thought this she looked at Ira but didn't dare to say it. Still, Valette's selfish side was raging inside of her. She shouldn't have let them go. She licked her lips and tried to push those thoughts away. "When she dropped Leta I had to check on my baby first," she explained then. She was always going to be a mother first.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Evergreen frowns—although it is possible that the encounter was, indeed, a random attack… it seems so bizarre that even a feral wolf would risk trekking into pack territory to injury anyone, let alone a pup.

We’ll tell Kaistleoki about the event, and have everyone on the lookout for this woman. I am truly sorry this happened… no one deserves that, especially not someone so young. The bearish Count’s round ears droop, as does his mismatched gaze. He feels guilty that he hadn’t been here to support Easthollow when they needed them.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I'm ok with wrapping this up since its kinda old if you guys are!

The constable could feel her neck fur bristling. Evergreen made the call, they would warn Kaistleoki, but she couldn't help but feel the desire to track down the one responsible herself. Sitting and waiting for someone who may never come would do no good if she just continued her rampage elsewhere. I pray that she makes a full recovery. If you have any updates with Leta or her attacker, I do hope you send word, if not I'll be back to visit soon. Have there been any blessings lately?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
I am fine with it!

Valette nodded. 'It is appreciated," she spoke in return. Valette nodded sadly. "I hope so too, and of course, you are always welcome here," she assured Ira. Valette felt the sadness go through her with he thought of her daughter. She shook her head. "We have been too busy with protecting and fortifying our lands that we haven't told any other packs yet," she explained.