Ravensblood Forest What's A Guy to Do When Nothings Standing Still for You?
133 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Astara for scout thread

After his encounter with the prankster, Tobias decided to continue his adventure North. He had been gone longer than he planned sure, but he was making progress so why not continue while he was still out here? As long as he wasn't gone much longer to make the Count think he had run away or disappeared.

Eventually, his paws led him to a forest that towered high. The branches looked as if they could encompass even the highest mountain peaks, but something was unsettling about the forest. Sap dripped from the trunks in a dark amber color almost as if the trees were bleeding. One thing was certain, it wasn't your typical forest.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
i'm going to bring it all back to you
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
thank you for starting. <3 keeping some things super vague

the water in their enclave was brackish and poor, forcing the little blackbird out of hiding. hungry, tired, and bedraggled, astara lifted her thin muzzle and drank heavily of the scents around her. 

sap, resin, loam and damp pine — all clouded her senses. water would be difficult to scent between the rife scents around her, so she started by scouting for a natural gully where water often pooled. her search carried her quickly to a grassy knoll, and it was then astara caught a figure treading delicately between the bleeding trees. intrigued, but on alert and unwilling to give away her position, astara hunkered down close to a rotted bough and prayed the wind played in her favor today.

»» they may promise you that the river ain't too deep. ««
»» player policies ««
133 Posts
Ooc —
Luck would play into his unknown visitor's day as the cowboy wasn't particularly alert for anyone else. He was more intrigued by the trees as he pressed a paw into the stick sap before rubbing it on the ground. It was almost as if he believed for a second the trees really were bleeding.

Soon he would pick up on the scents of others, but seeing how there didn't seem to be a large congregation of wolves here, they were likely another passerby. Perhaps they did live here, but what an odd choice of location. The forest certainly didn't give off a peaceful vibe, instead, it favored something eerier.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
the blackbird wondered, as she sat there undetected, just how long this little game could go. the male, a burly agouti unknown to the skulker, appeared to be searching for something — but what?

keeping caution, astara tread lightly after him. there was a possibility this male was here on account of hers and merrick’s crimes; this realization caused her hackles to lift in slow dread. the wind continued in her favor, but for how long? 

settling carefully against a darkened bough, astara attempted to learn what she could of this beast while she was still hidden; who was he, and did he bear connection to the cub astara had aided in savaging?

»» player policies ««
133 Posts
Ooc —
His shadow would be able to follow undetected for a while as he scavenged the land, looking for rivers or giant landmarks to remember should he ever come to these woods again. It wasn't until the wind shifted that he caught on to another's presence, but he wouldn't address her, not right away at least.

Eventually, the woods hit the base of the mountain range that seemed to span towards Kaistleoki. This would be the end of the line for him as he finally turned around to face his stalker. Are you in need of something?
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
after some time being a little too successful in remaining undetected, astara started to suspect something was amiss. her steps were not so stealthy now, her dartings not so swift -- she was testing the male before her, and attempting to find if he was truly oblivious or simply indifferent to her presence.

she settled after the latter, but as they drew to a hidden boundary laden with heavy scents, he turned around and faced her for the first time. astara froze, even her fur seeming imperceptibly still. instead of an answer, she simply blinked and drank in the scent of the packlands, glancing beyond tobias with curiosity.

»» player policies ««
133 Posts
Ooc —
Tobias gave the woman a good amount of time to respond, but she stayed still and silent. He wasn't blind, standing still would not fill his question. He tilted his head as he took a step closer. Can you talk or did I startle ya? His eyes shifted to the undergrowth around them. Was she going to attack him? She didn't seem to have any friends lurking nearby. I'm not mad if that's what you're worried about.
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
a silence spread out between them, one astara was woefully accustomed to. as the male tilted his head sideways, likely to get a better read of her, astara did the same, parroting his movement with little expression to be had across her features.

she could not tell yet if he was on edge. from scent alone it was abundantly clear a pack resided here, but astara did not recognize any of the scents that happened to flit along the forest floor. (vercingetorix's might have been there, but astara would yet connect two and two with the ill-fated boy and his father).

to put her comrade at ease, astara's ears lost their tension and she glanced away -- yet the ball was in tobias' court now whether he would continue to press for answers, or simply chase her away.

»» player policies ««
133 Posts
Ooc —
the silence stretched on even longer as his question fell into an ever growing void. I take it ya don’t talk, huh? That’s alright. the cowboy glanced behind him, there wasn’t really much around here. Was she following in hopes of finding something or did she know these woods better than he?

Can ya understand me at all? You can just nod. something told him he would receive the same blank stare  followed by silence, but it was worth asking at the very least.
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
tobias's question, asked by many and answered never, predictably went unheeded. all his inquiry earned was a long, slow blink -- and then the sprite moved to stalk past him. boldly, even -- astara wished to drink deep of the scents here, and learn what little she could.. yet tobias' presence was almost problematic, for certainly he would not simply let her waltz across claimed ground.

with this in mind, the blackbird nosed a patch of grass that was clearly marked, yet did not pass it -- all the while an ear was turned back to her companion, ready in case he proved willing to defend the border's integrity.

»» player policies ««
133 Posts
Ooc —
That would be a no... The male's eyes followed Astara as she stalked past him, unaware that she believed he owned these lands. There was a strange air about her, but it was not exactly a threat. Perhaps she would just provide as an aimless company.

The cowboy wasn't sure what to do about her, so he just continued talking even if it was to himself. The trees are strange here. Dunno if you noticed, but it almost looks like blood don't it?

He sniffed at the bark of one of the trees, the sap filling his nose with a sweet smell. I like explorin'. Find places with unnatural sights like this.
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
astara gave perhaps the first indication in their encounter that she understood some part of him, for as he spoke her gaze trailed to the trees. here their flanks bled freely, an oozing liquid -- blood, she thought.

scanning their surface astara concluded with a shrug, for whatever bled these trees dry had no impact on her own flesh. after a precursory sniff, astara slipped around one dark and sappy bough, tracking the scent of water.

»» player policies ««
133 Posts
Ooc —
This is all underwater now if you wanna wrap up lMAO this can be my last post

The woman's gaze followed his words, and for once he felt like he wasn't just speaking for the trees that stood around them. So she did understand. A smile slipped onto his lips as he sighed, Well, thanks for listenin' to a travelin' folk's words. I'm long overdue checking in with my pack. I should head back. Safe travels now ya hear? Should she not react which...he was expecting her not to, he'd give a lil head bow before turning to follow the side of the mountain back towards Kaistleoki.