Redhawk Caldera Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions
I like when life feels playful
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Lokie and Connor ended up heading Southeast, a nice compromise between were Lokie had suggested they go, and where Connor had suggested. The territory they ended up in fascinated Lokie, who wanted to explore every inch. The grasslands and lake were surrounded by rock, and one side stood higher than the others, but it didn't come to a point. 

He trotted along until he reached the edge of the water, looking out at the point that jutted up in the middle of it. That's cool, he commented. It reminded him of a mountain, but this was... a weird looking one. It didn't peak like the others did. Kinda funky, he added, looking to @Connor.
Your soul is infinitely creative. It is alive and expansive in nature.
It is curious and playful, changing with the tides of time.

Debbie Ford
Big Man, Walking In The Park
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor and Lokie had departed ways a bit from Rhaella to go explore a bit. Where they were going would be much more suitable then the marshland they were at, the male didn't take a liking to that at all. They traveled Southeast, a bit of a compromise since their last destination, the pair of friends had found themselves in a sort of valley that was surrounded by what seemed to be a mountain. Connor didn't mind this one bit, he had lived in a sort of valley before and was quite used to it, but the texture of the ground seemed odd to the male. The titan stopped in his tracks, he took a moment to scan the area, he then proceeded to look down at where he stood and cocked an eyebrow. It seemed beautiful but there was something off about it, Connor decided to crane his neck and continue on his path.

Connor's attention turned to Lokie, the smaller wolf had taken an attraction to a weird formation by the water, the large man blinked as he stepped forward to where Lokie was. His friend commented on how cool it looked, but Connor could only tip his head to the side a little while looking at it, this place seemed strange to him, it was like home, but not at the same time. Lokie then said that it was kinda funky looking to which Connor could only agree to, "I can say for certainty, that this was not at my home." The man did have large rocks back where he came from, but not like these figures, "yea but you're right, kinda, peculiar," he commented as he straightened his head and turned to his friend.
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Lokie shook his head in agreement, Yeah, not mine either, he replied. He dipped his head to the water and took a careful sniff. Water smells alright, he commented. His tongue snaked out for a test of it, and he found that it tasted much like any other normal lake. So, he continued to drink. He couldn't stop looking at the weird formation in the center, though. And, before he could talk himself out of it (like he ever would), he splashed into the water. 

It only took a few moments to swim to the rock that jutted out of the water, and he climbed up on it before shaking the water from his fur. He looked around, but didn't find anything miraculous. He turned to Connor and shouted, I kinda feel like I'm at the top of a mountain. But, for sure, he wasn't, since there was no mountain beneath him. At least not one that he could see.

Debbie Ford
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor looked at his friend, who had cautiously inspected the water since he was told that Lokie had bad experiences with the incorrect type of water previously, it was good that the male was learning to be a bit more cautious. The titan male looked at the smaller male to see if it was all clear and it was safe to drink, Lokie would be the one to know what bad water would taste like since he has been drinking that stuff in the past which wasn't his fault. His friend had given the clear and the proceeded to drink the water, however, Connor was a bit hesitant at first but he eventually couldn't resist temptation and he lowered his head and drank the water with big scoops. He was kinda thirsty.

Unknown to Connor, Lokie prepared himself to jump in the water, and before Connor had the chance to object, the male launched himself into the water which gave Connor a little bit of a startle. But he really wasn't that surprised, as Lokie swam towards the weird formation, Connor could only give his friend a playful disapproving look. The male's face was dripping with water but he quickly shook himself clean, he watched as Lokie heaved himself onto the formation and stood on the top. His friend then shouted that he felt like he was on top of a mountain to which Connor raised his eyebrows and gave a smirk, "congratulations, you have become taller than me," he teased. But he couldn't help but drift his gaze towards the taller peak that had no point, he was curious to see if they could even get up there. "You think we could climb that?" He called to his friend as the wind began to pick up and whisp around his cinnamon fur.
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
A joke was what he got in response, and Lokie laughed. I should savor this moment, he replied back, holding his head up just a bit higher. In reality, though, their size difference have never bothered Lokie. He was not one to wish he was something else, nor did he want to be above anyone else, in height or in ego. He was a simple wolf, who needed very little to be happy. 

His gaze traveled to the peak-that-wasn't-a-peak that Connor questioned. He considered it a moment before looking back to his friend. Let's try! It was the only way, in Lokie's mind, to answer the question of whether they could climb it or not. Turning towards it, he jumped into the water and swam over. Once he reached dry land again, his eyes immediately went to looking for Connor.

Debbie Ford
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor rolled his eyes at Lokie's achievement, he even raised his head in pride which made Connor chuckle. Lokie seemed to be okay with the idea of them traveling up the mountain which was a child's play, when he was young, it was always a competition to see who could climb the mountain the fastest. He doesn't remember if he had won any of those competitions, but he would sure like to climb a mountain once more. Connor nodded his head towards the mountain, "well let's go then, we're wasting daylight just by standing here," he said with a flick of his tail. The titan male then began to head his way towards the mountain, but slowly, he wanted to give his friend a chance to get off of his podium and come join him on the journey to the top.

The cinnamon male scanned the base from a distance, he was looking for the best place to start their climb, and the safest, the last thing he wanted was for one of them to fall off while on the mountain. Connor winced at the thought of it, but he continued to scan with his emerald orbs searching. He seemed to have found a good place to start, an area that started of flat, and there seemed to be a small trail leading up but not all trails are safe, there were rocky parts. He made sure to make a note of that when they take off.
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The pair met up at the base, and Lokie spotted the trail about the same time that Lokie did. Being the ever-energized one, Lokie didn't take the time to think about what was dangerous and what wasn't, he just began to bound up the side of the mountain. He assumed Connor would follow.

Growing up on the mountain with as much energy as he had, he was no stranger to falls. He learned to catch himself quickly, and most of the time he was successful. But, there was always that chance that one time he might not be. Not that it ever entered Lokie's mind. He was too busy having fun.

The path was damp from some recent rain, but Lokie hadn't paid it any mind. Until a back leg slipped, and he found himself sliding a few feet down from the path. But, being used to that, Lokie just got up and bounded towards the path again.

Debbie Ford
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor was about to take the lead, but his ball of energy of a friend had already taken off and bounded up the mountain with much persistence. The titan's instincts told him to immediately chase after the peppered wolf, he had been so caught up in trying to catch him that Connor slipped a bit, but he immediately caught himself and rearranged his footing. The cinnamon male had to shake his head to regain his senses and remember how to climb mountains, but he kept an eye on both Lokie and where he was going to go. Connor carefully placed his paws on any rock that was large enough to place his paw on, he began to slightly regret his snarky comment to Lokie about being taller, it was a huge advantage to be smaller in size when climbing mountains. Sadly, Connor was not so small anymore and he had to deal with his size, but that didn't stop him from his determination to get up the top.

He made sure to get a quick peek to see where Lokie was, and before he could react his friend seemed to slip which gave Connor a mini-heart-attack, but luckily, his friend caught himself and began bolting back up the mountain. Connor sighed in relief and continued his journey upward and following Lokie, but he knew that he couldn't stay too close just in case Lokie needed room to maneuver so he kept his distance. The large male noticed that with every step he made, the rocks became more and wetter which worried him but he knew how to handle it. The cinnamon wolf made sure to make his leaps quick and precise, he leaped on one rock with his elbows under his stomach ready for another pounce, though he had to keep his paws knit tight since he was larger. He would then lift his head and scan for his next suitable target.

He then proceeded to leap onto a much larger boulder, he then sprang like a praying cat and with a great bound, he landed squarely on his paws, but his back paw slid a little which gave him a good jump, but he recollected himself before continuing.
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Lokie looked back from time to time, and it seemed Connor was having a bit of an issue, too, with the terrain. It was then that Lokie decided to slow down a bit. He stopped completely as he watched Connor jump on a large boulder, then back onto the path. Tough trail, huh? he commented. Looking forward once more, he stepped a little more carefully. 

It took a bit, but eventually, they reached the top. Which was just a really steep point that Lokie glanced over. Just a downward slope after that. He looked to Connor, Not much here. Honestly, though, what had he been expecting?

Debbie Ford
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor noticed that Lokie had slowed down for him which made Connor feel bad about himself, he didn't want to be having difficulty climbing mountains, it was his pride and joy. Where he came from the terrain was much tougher than this, he couldn't understand why he was having a bit of trouble, Lokie's comment didn't help either, "to be honest, I am not as small as I use to be," he replied with a little chuckle, it was true, when he was smaller, he could do this with his eyes closed. The titan knew he had to adapt to this and come up with strategies for conquering mountains, and he was willing to do so. Connor waited a bit so he could have enough space to continue his path, once Lokie was at enough distance, Connor inhaled and exhaled slowly, he then readied his pounce. The cinnamon male ricochets from one rock to another with an orderly fashion, with his claws scraping the rock each time he landed. 

He found this successful but something he would have to get used to, but it got him up to the top where Lokie already was. His friend commented how there wasn't much up here and he was right, but the experience was what made it for him, "it was the journey that made it worth it right?" He smiled, he wasn't tired, in fact, he was full of energy, he could do this for hours. The man made his way to the edge of the mountain and looked over the horizon, the feeling of home was overwhelming to him. Connor closed his eyes and took a long breath, the mountain air was fresh and he loved it, the feeling of being on a great rock was something magical to him. The large male opened his emerald eyes and looked at his best friend, "the view is everything where I come from," he began, "it was fun being on top, quite literally." He finished and moved his head to look at the horizon once more.
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Lokie gave a slow, considering look over Connor, then to his face. You used to be small?! he exclaimed, chuckling after his comment. Honestly, Lokie couldn't imagine Connor even as a pup. I bet your Momma wished you were smaller, he added, laughing louder. 

His friend seemed to appreciate the view a little more than Lokie did, but he nodded. Yeah, that's true. It's fun with a friend, he said, looking at Connor with a smile. It would have been pretty boring to do this all by himself, even for Lokie, who was always finding the fun in things.

While Connor looked to the horizon, Lokie turned and looked down to the lake. Hey, Connor, he began, trying to get his friend's attention. You think that tip used to be up here? he asked, referring to the bit of rock sticking out of the water.

Debbie Ford
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Lokie seemed to laugh unbelievably that he use to be small, Connor couldn't believe it himself, he must of have a growth spurt at some point. His friend then proceeded to make a joke about his mother, the male initially was hesitant on the joke, it was his mother after all, but it slowly dawned on him. Wished I was smaller... Wished I was smaller... Wish- It finally hit him, Connor whipped his head to Lokie with wide eyes, and his ears to the side, he figured he made an inappropriate joke, and Connor turned red face. "I was small enough!" He protested though it sounded more like he was whining, he then slumped on his haunches and gave his typical childlike scowl. Though he wasn't angry, he felt more awkward and embarrassed, he was small enough to get out of his mother's womb he assumed, his mother didn't die, in fact, she was probably still alive today, old but well.

Connor couldn't bear to think what his mother would think about that, but Connor backtracked, maybe that wasn't the joke? Eh, with his attitude I wouldn't put it past him. Lokie then commented that it's better to do this thing with a friend which Connor felt touched and he gave his friend a soft smile. His friend asked him what was up here before since it seemed unnatural that it was this flat, he could only agree. The cinnamon male rose to his paws and began to wonder, using his paws to scan the surface, he hadn't been on a mountain like this, "I'm not sure," he said, at last, turning to Lokie, "but I do think that this use to be a point, it looked like it was blown clean off or something," he concluded. Although Connor couldn't possibly know what happened upon this mountain, it was only a mystery.
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It seemed to take a moment for Connor to understand the joke, which only made Lokie laugh harder. I dunno, he said skeptically, but then he let it drop. His friend was starting to look at little out of place, and Lokie didn't want to make him feel that way. He'd have to keep in mind that not all his jokes were appreciated by others.

But, they seemed to recover alright, and turned their attention to the landscape before them. Maybe, he agreed. Lokie wondered what would make the land change so much, but even he couldn't imagine, and he thought he had a pretty good imagination. 

For a moment, Lokie contemplated trying to slide back down on his stomach, but the closer he looked, the more he could see tiny little rocks sticking up out of the ground. One could slice his abdomen right open and kill him. Which brought about another question as he looked to Connor. Hey, if I died, would you eat me? he asked, his expression uncharacteristically serious.

Debbie Ford
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
His nose fumed as Lokie laughed at his incomprehension to understand the joke, but he let it go, it was Lokie after all. Connor shook his coat, the mysteries of this mountain were getting in his head a little bit too much. Connor made his way towards Lokie, the male seemed to try and coordinate a way for the pair to get down, for Connor this was the most dangerous part of mountain climbing. Unlike going up, speed control is key, one wrong move and you are done, he has heard many stories of how wolves can be killed when coming back down so he was always advised to shuffle his paws as knit tightly as he can. The cinnamon-colored wolf lowered his head to find a better spot to try and climb down, he then turned to Lokie with a bit of a serious expression, "listen I know you get excited but you really need to be careful going down, its easier to get killed going down then up." He didn't want his friend to get hurt.

Connor was caught off guard when Lokie suddenly turned to him and asked him the weirdest question that he has ever heard, what made it even more strange was Lokie's serious face. In response, Connor shot his head up with his eyes wide and his face full of disgust, "What? Oh Hell no! Why would you even think that? I mean who even does that?" he retorted. He couldn't believe his friend would think he would do such a thing, Connor would never think of eating his own kind, to him it was unnatural. The large male looked away and opened his jaws and let his tongue loll out to show his disgust, "look, let's just get down..." He muttered as he took to lead this time, and he could coordinate where he was going and shuffled his paws slowly down the mountain with his claws gripping the stones he landed on. He noticed that smaller rocks were falling which gave him quite a worry as that could be a sign of a rock slide, but he made sure to slow down for his friend Lokie.
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Before he could contemplate asking Connor about a way down, the male looked at him and sternly told him not go rushing down. Lokie's tail waved a bit, and he didn't look at all like he was being scolded for his lack of thought before actions. It was just who he was. But, he wasn't going to go against Connor. Alright, alright. You lead the way, he said, intending to follow. 

Connor looked absolutely aghast at Lokie's question. I didn't mean to upset you, he said. It's just that... If I were dead, and you were starving, I'd want you to eat me. He continued on. Lokie didn't really view death like the others. It was a normal part of life, and in his immature brain, he didn't mourn for long. And, if his body helped his friend live a little longer, why not?

Lokie followed Connor down the mountain, and since his friend set the pace, Lokie didn't really have a choice but to be careful. His eyes watched the small rocks roll down the side as they traveled, accustomed to seeing them. It was often that their paws uprooted the smaller ones. He just hoped the bigger ones stayed in place.

Debbie Ford
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor was feeling uncomfortable as the went down the mountain, but he knew he couldn't dwell on those feelings since he had to concentrate on going down the mountain and choosing the right path to for the both of them to get down safely. His movements were slow and careful, he felt young and small again even though he wasn't old, his claws scraped along the rocks as he used them for a better grip. His bounds were as elegant as a deer with each leap arcing his body and landing on his pads.

Lokie had apologized for suggesting such an idea to Connor, but by the time he could reply he was already at the base looking at Lokie making sure that he got down safely. But he knew he had to address it, "Lokie, I would never eat you, even if I was starving to death," he began with a sigh, "to me, when a friend dies, we bury him or her into the Earth out of respect, so they can rest in peace, I don't think it would be all that peaceful in my stomach." He said, although none of what he said was a joke, but he wanted to make sure that his friend knew that he was being sincere, "you are my best friend, I would never think less of you, not even if you wished that I would eat you if you were dead." He said with a soft smile and soft eyes.
76 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Connor went silent as they traveled back down the side of the mountain, and Lokie assumed his friend wasn't going to comment any further on the matter. Had Lokie upset him? Rarely, Lokie frowned, but he did now. He didn't like upsetting others, especially Connor.

Once they reached the bottom, Connor began to talk, and Lokie's ears perked in apt attention. Lokie understood his friend's reasoning, but wasn't sure if he agreed with it. But, he didn't want to upset him further. So, instead of giving his own viewpoint, he said, I understand, Connor. I'm sorry I brought it up. He hoped there would never come a day where the scenario had to be played out. He mirrored the smile that Connor gave him, happy that his friend seemed to be okay. 

Looking around, Lokie asked, Where to next? Since the duo wasn't held down by a pack, they could go wherever they wanted.

Debbie Ford
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
omfg it still doesn't let me know xD

Connor looked down on his friend, they were still understanding each other and their preferences so he wasn't too bothered, perhaps he even overreacted. There was a sting of guilt in the male because he didn't want to make his friend feel bad, but they were only friends for a couple of days, but it seemed like a lifetime. Lokie was frowning which was new to Connor, he didn't want his friend to be upset, but Lokie apologized which Connor did appreciate that but he was quick to forgive him. "That's alright," he chuckled, giving a playful paw at his friend's shoulder and his emerald gaze beamed.

Connor followed Lokies gaze, their journey here was done and they needed someplace to go, it seemed Lokie was giving the floor so he gave a firm nod, "I guess we go north," he looked back at him with a determined smile. The russet male began to head that direction and he was heading there with his best friend.