Moonspear running with the wolves tonight
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Hydra allowed Dirge to spend time with the cubs independent of her, though she did not stray too terribly far from the whelping den herself. She remarked and inspected the perimeter, hunting for anything amiss. Nothing would be, of course; Lyra, Alya, and the rest of her family insured that nothing could. Still, her nose worked, snuffling just above the earth. 

The Alpha female knew soon she would reimplement herself entirely among her pack. In the meantime she protected those growing within, and by extension the extended future of Moonspear itself. Even from within she would protect her pack from any that somehow got beyond the border–for new kin and old, she would kill for them all. Hydra stretched among the conifers, enjoying her temporary reprieve–though her ears listened for signs of trouble, as ever. 

@Moriko maybe ?!
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(July 31, 2019, 10:16 AM)Hydra Wrote: Hydra allowed Dirge to spend time with the cubs independent of her, though she did not stray too terribly far from the whelping den herself. She remarked and inspected the perimeter, hunting for anything amiss. Nothing would be, of course; Lyra, Alya, and the rest of her family insured that nothing could. Still, her nose worked, snuffling just above the earth. 

The Alpha female knew soon she would reimplement herself entirely among her pack. In the meantime she protected those growing within, and by extension the extended future of Moonspear itself. Even from within she would protect her pack from any that somehow got beyond the border–for new kin and old, she would kill for them all. Hydra stretched among the conifers, enjoying her temporary reprieve–though her ears listened for signs of trouble, as ever. 
@Moriko maybe ?!

Moriko heard the music of another wolf and respinded softly and eerily. She wandered at the edge of the area, and had been sniffing around. She had got something in her nose, sneezed it out and had continued sniffing around the area. What an eventful experience she was having, that is, before it was interupted by the call of another.

This excited her, but also made her cautious. She was more so curious than worried though, she was very interested in what was beyond what she already knew, and who she already knew. She called out again, softly, awaiting a response or approach.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When howls could be heard, Hydra paused in her own activity to listen briefly. And then Hydra sounded off, her own voice booming and full of command: this land is claimed—come too close, and face the consequence. The mother had no desire to entertain wolves who sought to make trouble. Another voice called in turn, closer to her, and Hydra sniffed at the air with intent—but no strangers had entered here, not that she knew. 

And so she ranged forward a little more until her new packmate—and subordinate—came into view. Hydra approached with a lifted tail, asserting herself immediately upon introduction; she sought to draw near and take in the scents upon Moriko to get to know her all the more.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(August 06, 2019, 09:15 PM)Hydra Wrote: When howls could be heard, Hydra paused in her own activity to listen briefly. And then Hydra sounded off, her own voice booming and full of command: this land is claimed—come too close, and face the consequence. The mother had no desire to entertain wolves who sought to make trouble. Another voice called in turn, closer to her, and Hydra sniffed at the air with intent—but no strangers had entered here, not that she knew. 

And so she ranged forward a little more until her new packmate—and subordinate—came into view. Hydra approached with a lifted tail, asserting herself immediately upon introduction; she sought to draw near and take in the scents upon Moriko to get to know her all the more.

Moriko meant no malicious intent, and stood her ground, observing the area and its weather with her eyes. She sniffed the air and let out another howl.

"I would like to just formally introduce myself..-"

She didn't want to take an offensive tactic so she just huffed and walked around in a circle, plopping onto the grass as she awaited her vistor..her guest. Air from her nose made the grass infront of her dance slighlty as she began to wonder..

Was she intimating or dangerous looking? Of course she knew she was an odd ball, but she didn't think she was a threatining one.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra's threat had not been to Moriko, but to any outsiders. The passive response from her subordinate caused the Ostrega to tilt her head; she wondered if the other mistook her call. Well, best to clear that up. Upon seeing the she-wolf, Hydra observed her. Her eyes were two different colors, and she looked unkempt—a contrast to Hydra, who was typically well-groomed. She did not judge others for their wild looks, though, and would not start today. Hydra bridged the gap between them with a chuff, moving to attempt to step over Moriko so that she might inspect the myriad of scents upon her, should she be permitted. Hydra's tail waved loosely in greeting above her hindquarters in a clear show that she herself meant no harm. She was eager to meet the newcomer, and glad for her presence.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(August 08, 2019, 11:59 AM)Hydra Wrote: Hydra's threat had not been to Moriko, but to any outsiders. The passive response from her subordinate caused the Ostrega to tilt her head; she wondered if the other mistook her call. Well, best to clear that up. Upon seeing the she-wolf, Hydra observed her. Her eyes were two different colors, and she looked unkempt—a contrast to Hydra, who was typically well-groomed. She did not judge others for their wild looks, though, and would not start today. Hydra bridged the gap between them with a chuff, moving to attempt to step over Moriko so that she might inspect the myriad of scents upon her, should she be permitted. Hydra's tail waved loosely in greeting above her hindquarters in a clear show that she herself meant no harm. She was eager to meet the newcomer, and glad for her presence.

Moriko swept her tail happily in response, returning the gesture as she took a submissive pose, showing that she also meant no harm and was interested in a proper introduction. She couldnt help but peer at the other, quite interested in the others prescense. Her ear flicked slightly. The other was so well kept and smooth, were as Moriko was a scruffy thin oddball. She hopped that her appearance wouldn't affect the introduction, and she would soon find out that it didn't. She was a little goofy with excitement, an introduction was something new and she enjoyed it.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra's nose was quick to get to work when Moriko did not flinch or withdraw, and she regarded the others excitement with the continued sway of her own. Moriko had met several other of their packmates, which Hydra was glad to learn, and once her investigation had finished Hydra shifted to where she was alongside the submissive Moriko instead of standing above her. With her ears pricked, Hydra introduced herself: I am Hydra Ostrega, your Queen, before she asked, what is your name?
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(August 19, 2019, 01:42 PM)Hydra Wrote: Hydra's nose was quick to get to work when Moriko did not flinch or withdraw, and she regarded the others excitement with the continued sway of her own. Moriko had met several other of their packmates, which Hydra was glad to learn, and once her investigation had finished Hydra shifted to where she was alongside the submissive Moriko instead of standing above her. With her ears pricked, Hydra introduced herself: I am Hydra Ostrega, your Queen, before she asked, what is your name?

She stood up slowly, tail still wagging slightly.

"Thank you for your kind introduction and acceptance-" She tilted her head down to her, lowering herself slightly to show her gratitude.

"I am called Moriko, "child of the forests." I apologize for my spectral appearnance, it does not reflect myself quite correctly-" Her scruffy nature was seen as odd by some wolves at times. "Though I do believe I fit my namesake- I appear as if I took a tumble around the forest floor." She jested lightly, poking fun at herself and her appearance
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was greatly appeased by Moriko's manners, and took to her well for that. She simply nods at first. So long as Moriko was able to carry her weight, hunt and protect and provide as she was able, she would continue to find herself accepted here. Hydra was not keen on carrying deadweight, and she would not.

Moriko introduced herself, and Hydra's ear twitched as she passively listened to the other explain the meaning of her name. Child of the forests? Interesting, that she would end up upon a mountain—but she was a child no more, in any case. Her eyes sparkled with veiled amusement toward Moriko's final statement, and her tail swayed behind her, a display that she was at ease. I do not judge others based off of their appearances, she informed—well, not entirely, in any case. Of course, it left an impression... but those faded with the weight of the others deeds (and misdeeds).

Curious, though, Hydra asked: what would best reflect you, then? What sort of woman was Moriko? Words could reveal some things, though Hydra knew there was more to another than the things that they said, too.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(August 28, 2019, 11:44 AM)Hydra Wrote: Hydra was greatly appeased by Moriko's manners, and took to her well for that. She simply nods at first. So long as Moriko was able to carry her weight, hunt and protect and provide as she was able, she would continue to find herself accepted here. Hydra was not keen on carrying deadweight, and she would not.

Moriko introduced herself, and Hydra's ear twitched as she passively listened to the other explain the meaning of her name. Child of the forests? Interesting, that she would end up upon a mountain—but she was a child no more, in any case. Her eyes sparkled with veiled amusement toward Moriko's final statement, and her tail swayed behind her, a display that she was at ease. I do not judge others based off of their appearances, she informed—well, not entirely, in any case. Of course, it left an impression... but those faded with the weight of the others deeds (and misdeeds).

Curious, though, Hydra asked: what would best reflect you, then? What sort of woman was Moriko? Words could reveal some things, though Hydra knew there was more to another than the things that they said, too.

She wiggled her nose, thinking momentarily.Hmm.. no one had really ever asked her such questions before.

"Possibly the weather-"  She added. "Always changing, yet- always adapting..never confronted with a problem it can't conquer.."

Proud of her response, she wags her tail momentarily. Also just because the question made her feel quite good about herself, it also made her think about the weather and how she loved rain and thunderstorms, and how everyday was something new with the weather. Just like life.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The other was certainly an imaginative woman, Hydra realized. The way she fashioned her words was somewhat poetic; she wondered if the other realized that or not. In any case, Hydra thought the answer was absurd, but would not say as much; weather did not conquer, weather simply was. She supposed it was a changing thing, though. And Hydra did have an answer, in any case. Moriko saw herself as an adaptable woman, who did not mind a challenge when faced with one. Both things were good, in her own opinion, and so she found herself satisfied.

Ah, she said with a nod, I see. Quiet for a moment, Hydra's gaze drifted. Have you any goals you would like to conquer? She asked next, ears twitching idly; perhaps Hydra herself might be able to help, though it would depend on the others interests.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(September 11, 2019, 01:44 PM)Hydra Wrote: The other was certainly an imaginative woman, Hydra realized. The way she fashioned her words was somewhat poetic; she wondered if the other realized that or not. In any case, Hydra thought the answer was absurd, but would not say as much; weather did not conquer, weather simply was. She supposed it was a changing thing, though. And Hydra did have an answer, in any case. Moriko saw herself as an adaptable woman, who did not mind a challenge when faced with one. Both things were good, in her own opinion, and so she found herself satisfied.

Ah, she said with a nod, I see. Quiet for a moment, Hydra's gaze drifted. Have you any goals you would like to conquer? She asked next, ears twitching idly; perhaps Hydra herself might be able to help, though it would depend on the others interests.

"I would like not only to conquer my own problems and demons, but those that belong to the pack as well." One of her ears twitched a bit, maybe nervousness? "As now the packs problems and burdens, are mine aswell, and I'd like to grow and conquer not only as a single wolf, but as a whole pack-"

She tilted her head slighlty, tail wagging a little. She felt obligated to help others in her pack, speciffically before helping herself, to her, the pack comes first.

"I'd also like to conquer my own existance and write my own story from now on- I want to take control of my life-"  She wagged her tail more, feeling brave and confident at this
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra's gaze turned back to Moriko as she spoke. The [perhaps] nervous flick of the others ear as she spoke did not go unnoticed, though her own features remained impassive. She could respect the others intent to help the pack wherever it was needed; in fact, Hydra quite liked to hear that. It was how it was meant to be, and it was good that Moriko felt similarly.

Still, something niggled at her mind that the woman had said. What are your own demons, then? Your problems? the Queen asked then, thinking it best to know this now. Would her demons interfere with Moriko's self-made plans? Would they bring harm to her fellows? Moriko was of Moonspear now, and Hydra had a great deal of experience with removing demons and problems alike—so, if she could, Hydra would see if she might be of use there.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(September 11, 2019, 02:16 PM)Hydra Wrote: Hydra's gaze turned back to Moriko as she spoke. The [perhaps] nervous flick of the others ear as she spoke did not go unnoticed, though her own features remained impassive. She could respect the others intent to help the pack wherever it was needed; in fact, Hydra quite liked to hear that. It was how it was meant to be, and it was good that Moriko felt similarly.

Still, something niggled at her mind that the woman had said. What are your own demons, then? Your problems? the Queen asked then, thinking it best to know this now. Would her demons interfere with Moriko's self-made plans? Would they bring harm to her fellows? Moriko was of Moonspear now, and Hydra had a great deal of experience with removing demons and problems alike—so, if she could, Hydra would see if she might be of use there.

She let out a small exhale. "Maybe it is quite silly to call them demons, but whatever they are they are mine none the less."

She et out a little sniff, ears flickering idly."I just need to learn to move on from my past.. there were some traumatic things, but those are over and done with now.." She peered at the other she wolf. "I need to not move on, but just, continue to grow instead of staying stuck. Plus I now have a family, a pack to help take care of and I need to realize that history won't repeat itself."

It was true that she still had dreams about the seperation of her from her siblings and family and pack. It was definately traumatic, but the one thing it left in her was a demom. A demon who convinced her that the misfortune would return, or people wouldn't accept her. It was a foolish and childish fear yes, but it sprung from abandnment and fear when she was just a pup, and sometimes the mind can be ones own worst enemy.

She wagged her tail slightly. "I'm hoping to be another branch on the tree of this pack that too, like the others, will blossom."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra did not care much what Moriko called them; she only cared that she dealt with them, and that if she did not want to fight them alone she say as much. Hydra, much as she would like to, could not read minds. With a quiet sigh, Hydra shared: Indeed. And this pack of ours, our family, helps one another. Should you have any demons you cannot fight alone, remember that, Hydra hummed, her own ears cupping toward the windswept-looking woman. As for the other matter, Hydra nodded and said, Should you work hard, I do not see why this could not happen, for hard-workers always yielded the best fruits in life; Hydra was living proof of that much [in her own bias mindset]. 

Speaking of work, Hydra spoke once more: I must return to my children. It was good to meet you, Moriko, she spoke in earnest before she turned on her heel, swift to depart to fulfill her own present duty to her cubs. 

Fading! I will probably start us another thread so0o0on