Whitefish River 'Cause if I could see your face once more, I could die as a happy man I'm sure
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
All Welcome 
Semi-fast pace thread preferred, this will be for fishing trade

"Hey, Lump. Ever wonder what's out there?"

Thistle asked him that once, and he had been curious. It was their starting point, what really helped get them leaving the nest so to speak. And yet, now Evergreen has found out. There is good, but there is overwhelming bad. Time and time again, those around him suffer. He can do nothing. In the end, he starts to regret leaving. He wishes he could go back.

Eve cannot.

He feels defeated.

Numb, the Count strolls the river's shore, finding an area where the banks are sandy and the water is shallow. The rocks are somewhat lose along the bank, but he's grown used to maneuvering these areas. He dips within the water. The chill of its temperature causing a shiver to run from his toes up to his spine.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
she's grown comfortable enough to venture further into the territory, and she recognizes the bearish shape of the man, dimly, from when they first arrived. not enough to put a name to him - the early days here still seem a blur, and her memory is scattered. 

still, he's interesting enough to warrant following, and she does so as inconspicuously as possible. she's gotten especially good at sneaking, and eavesdropping. still, he doesn't be doing much, and saying nothing at all besides. it is only when he drops into the river that she marches towards him, face set into a fierce mask. "whaddya doing?" she asks, stiffly, unsure why anyone would dip into the river. water's nice to look at, but better off avoided, she thinks.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Unaware of the shadowing, Evergreen is lost in his own thoughts. The water enough to shake him into reality, but still, the bear of a man feels as if he is existing outside of his own body. Enough so that he startles, the fur rising along the top of his spine, and his face snapping towards the young wolf upon the sandy bank he just descended from. A breath of relief escapes him, and a smile curves upon his thick lips out of reflex.

You are… Isilmë, right? He says in lieu of an answer, although shifts to glance at the waters below him a moment later. I’m, uh, gonna fish. Have you ever tried it?
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
she doesn't move, but hunkers down and stiffens when the male startles. her gaze hoovers a moment on his chest until his lips move to a smile, and only then does she meet his gaze. his first question is received only with a tight nod, and his second with a brief stretch of silence until - "no." 

she doesn't offer anything else, but move to sit neatly atop the bank, gaze following him. she's intrigued enough to watch, but not enough to get closer - his size reminder her of Verx, and thus too of his outburst at her. he doesn't seem the sort to yell, but it has made exceedingly clear to the girl that promises and impressions are no assurance of actions.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
It seems the number of fishers in Kaistleoki has dwindled. Part of him hopes that maybe Isilmë is here out of curiosity—that she wants to learn. Eve is determined to make a culture out of it here.

Wanna learn? He asks, round ears perked in her direction as the Count releases a deep breath and takes a few steps deeper into the water.
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
she considers a moment before she answers, and even then it's a "maybe." she's a little wary about the whole idea of it, even after watching the man step in with ease. 

"I want to see, first." she elaborates after a second, betraying her interest. she remains fixed at her post, watching carefully for Evergreen's next move.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
The bearish male releases a low hum in thought—observing is fair. She is interested enough that she wants to see how it’s done, and that leaves Eve happy to show his skills. Fishing is a matter of patience, however, so it’s possible that he wouldn’t be lucky this time.

Right, uhm, let me know if you have any questions, the Count says with a smile. He shifts his weight, adjusting his attention from the white Page to the river surrounding him. Once he finds a position that he likes, he lays in wait—mismatched eyes flickering while he otherwise remains as still as possible.

The fish eventually get curious, swimming back along the river and trusting that the wolf isn’t a hungry predator. A sizable one catches his attention. The bear is quick to move, herding it closer into the shallows, splashing all the way until he finally reaches close enough to snap his jaws and pull up from the water’s surface with his prize in grasp.
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
despite her strained words, she watches intently as Evergreen fishes; not shifting even during the long time that he lies in wait. she tries to pick apart his hunt into stages, steps to follow, and is moderately successful in this regard. when he's returned to shore, successful after his first attempt, she's interested; and steps closer to the male. 

"can I try?" she's not about to go charging into the river; in matters of the hunt, she's always been a bit more contemplative than in most aspects of her life.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
The burn of muscles at work, interacting with a pack-mate and doing what he loves best keeps Eve distracted from the cloud that hangs over his head. There, but he can ignore it easier. Round ears swerve alert, pleased by Isilmë’s interest.

Of course, he tries to say, and yet it is muffled around the mouthful of fish as the Count travels to a spot upon the shore to place the prize. He sets it at his feet—thick fur sobbing wet and dripping across the sand and grass—he sits, expectantly glancing towards the Page.