Whitefish River somewhere high up in the air there
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
her brother seems to have distanced himself from death, for now, and so she allows herself longer stretches away from him, though she remains within the periphery of the caves, unwilling to explore further into the unfamiliar lands. she longs only for stability, truly, or whatever fragment of it she can find. 

but today is different - today she seeks the woman called @Ira, who among the strangers is the least unknown and has the potential to teach her what she wants to know. she stumbled upon a fresh scent trail eventually and follows it. she hasn't practiced her tracking in a while and it shows; occasionally she finds herself stumbling off the trail, only to lose the scent entirely and find it again after a hurried moment. she is stubborn in her quest, and is not waylaid by her small failures.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
tag for reference I'm assuming this is after Rei got attacked
The girl's trek would carry her to the borders of their land. It was never uncommon to see the Constable patrolling, and with the light footsteps that approached her attention would be drawn to the white girl. There was likely surprise on Ira's face as she realized who it was, she was more or less expecting @Reiko since she hadn't seen her in a while. Greetings— You are Aurëwen's daughter, yes?

Of course, she already knew that she had seen the girl as they traveled back to Kaistleoki after they discovered the poor girl's brother, although they were never properly introduced. What brings you to the borders?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
before approaching, the girl watched the woman for a moment. she patrolled with intent, and was graced with a kind of purpose that the girl longed for. and so she drew near, pausing only when the woman paused to look back at her. slightly off-put, having little interaction with non-family members despite her own contempt for her parents, she answered the woman's first question with a tight nod. 

"I want you to teach me how to fight." the woman must be good - otherwise, why would she have accompanied them to get her brother back? she looked strong, too, and Isi fervently hoped to be the same, one day.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
You seek guidance? Well, this girl really was full of surprises. So young, yet desired the ability to fight. She supposed it really shouldn't be a surprise though, her brother had been horribly mauled. If she was in her place she would likely seek help to become stronger too, if not just for her own safety then for her family.

Ira was unsure if the girl was aware of the mentor-apprentice program that the pack was built around or how she knew she was one to ask, but perhaps it was pure luck. Ira was recruited as extra muscle so naturally, it made sense to ask her. If you seek a mentor, I can assist with any and all combat trades, should you become my apprentice...but you are so young. I must ask, what sparked such determination? The life of a warrior is not an easy path.
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
again, a stiff nod. the worst that could happen would be for the woman to turn her down. in that case, she would merely pester her until she gave in, or she found someone else to teach her. it was the right answer, for the woman elaborated, outlining a plan that Isi found to be in her favour. 

"I want to take care of myself. And my brother." she explained, the answer coming quickly. she was tired of being let down. she didn't care how difficult it would be - thus far, she had a far from easy life, anyways. "I'll do whatever I need to." she promised, gaze resolute. she needed to know how to protect herself, but more importantly, the girl needed something to pour her energy into. now that she had a chance to grow, for stability, she would cling to it instead of hoping her parents wouldn't mess up this chance.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
sorry im a tad burned out rn with work

This girl was very different from her current Squire. In many ways, she reminded her of herself. The snowy girl had been through so much in the small amount of time she walked the Earth. However, she could respect the girl's reasons. Very well. Once you and your family have settled in more we can start. You should focus on building your strength. She pointed to the cliffs of the nearby mountain and its forest. I suggest traveling with someone since you are young, but climbing is a great way to build muscle. I grew up in a mountain range.
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
the woman agrees to teach her - with conditions, but she accepts the news with a small grin. she takes the advice she offers fervently, prepared to make a run for the mountains that very second. her gratitude is writ across her face, relief, too. 

she agrees, adding, "I was born in the mountains, too." she's eager to start as soon as she can, but before she says her goodbyes, she pauses once to deliver a soft, "thank you, Ira"