Hushed Willows Family
21 Posts
Ooc —
He was in the lands his family called home, but he was too late to see his daughter before she passed and it made his heart heavy. The least he could do was be there for his son and his grandchildren. So far he knew of his daughters pups but knew nothing of his sons yet.

@Aeryn or @Sunny
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny had forgotten to check on the man. He hadn't thought much of his new father, he hadn't thought anything other than of Cortez's absence, His children and more often than not, Steph. 

But he remembered as soon as he stumbled upon him. He paused and looked panicked, unsure of what he could say to the man. He had lived his life with a dad, a great dad and he didn't want another one. But he did want a grandfather for his kids and a man who could share more stories of their mother than he could.  He slowly moved into view and cleared his throat "How are you settling in?" 
Birdcatcher: 4/10

21 Posts
Ooc —
He had spent the days since he arrived alone the man was grieving. He was drawn from his thoughts when he heard Sunny his daughters mate. He gave a soft smile. “I’m doing okay due to circumstance.” Was all he was able to say at the moment. “Was she happy here?” He asked seemingly out of the blue.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He moved closer to sit beside the man, an understanding nod given at his response. The next question caught him off guard but he thought over it and gave a small chuckle "I think she liked it more than I did. With her brother here and her brother's mate, she seemed to settle in quick" he said his tone catching on the mention of Lily. He really wished that the black furred she wolf hadn't been a victim to the bear attack, he wished he had at least someome to talk to and grieve with. "I loved her and I....I don't know what I'm supposed to do now. I have our kids and they seem alright but...every day I think of something I want to talk to her about and then i realise she isn't here" he started off sounding lost in memory and ended up pouring his pain out, almost like he used to with his father.

21 Posts
Ooc —
He clung to the words that he spoke and a smile grew on his face. “I know the feeling...When she lost her memory in the winter before I sent her to your fathers pack, I never even told her I was her father.” He thought she’d have a better life. “Even though she’s not here physically I’d like to think she is around spiritually, watching over you and her young.”
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He frowned and wondered if he should mention that Aliac had been looking for her dad. It was truly sad to think that he came only a few weeks too late. "My father once said that when you die, you get reborn. He said that everyone we are close to are around us in each life just in different ways" he said softly musing over it inside his mind. "One day I'll see her again. Whether I know its her or not. Until then I know her spirit is watching us." 

He fell silent for a long pause of a moment and swallowed thickly, a question surfacing inside his mind but he was scared to ask. "Sir...Please forgive me but..is it okay to move on? How will I know when its okay? I...there's a girl...and she may be my chance for love again but every moment I'm around her I think of Aliac and I feel so guilty" 

21 Posts
Ooc —
The boy spoke of his father and Akida smiled. “He sounds like a wise man.” The next part caught him off guard in a way and his expression softened. “I may not of known her all her life but I feel like she would be okay with you moving on. She wouldn’t want you to be miserable and alone nor would she wish that of her pups.”
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The acceptance, he could feel it so strongly he wondered if Aliac was speaking to him through her dad. The thought was a bit much and he almost chuckled at himself, expression softening as he sighed. "You're right...Aliac would  never ask me to be alone forever...she always cared so much about the happiness of others and supported me in whatever I thought was best" he missed her so much but he knew he couldn't live his life hanging onto the ghost of her forever. Why was letting her go so hard?

21 Posts
Ooc —
He seemed to understand and it made him happy that he was able to help someone else through the difficult time. “I’ve never felt the heartache of loosing a mate but I can only imagine the pain your feeling.” If only Atiena would of been a nice female he could of spent his life with her. “Aliacs mother wasn’t a kind woman. Im glad that Aliac was nothing like her when she had her pups.”