Moonspear for my father to come and find me like he said
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
sunning lazily on the lip of a protrusion of gneiss, it occurred to arcturus that he had not seen @Moriko lately. it was largely his fault — he spent most of his time now watching hydra’s little dragon cubs, a hawk eye in the stony summits always tracking their every move.

for the present, the cubs were dozing — in a leonine maneuver arcturus slipped from the rocks and made his way downward. here he hoped he might come across moriko, and perhaps engage in a hunt less dangerous than their last one had been.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(August 09, 2019, 10:08 AM)Arcturus Wrote: sunning lazily on the lip of a protrusion of gneiss, it occurred to arcturus that he had not seen @Moriko lately. it was largely his fault — he spent most of his time now watching hydra’s little dragon cubs, a hawk eye in the stony summits always tracking their every move.

for the present, the cubs were dozing — in a leonine maneuver arcturus slipped from the rocks and made his way downward. here he hoped he might come across moriko, and perhaps engage in a hunt less dangerous than their last one had been.

Moriko was definately nearby, but if you didn't know of her, you probably wouldn't realize her. She was slinking around, almost like a shadow as she sniffed. She was exploring, in her own little way, she looked ominious, like a spirit, due to her scruffy nature and the way she manuvered herself. She had smelt something of interest and began to dig in the spot before she heard small rocks slipping.

"????"

She slinked on over, ready to confront something or someone, but instead she noticed a familiar face.Suddenly her tail flicked up, wagging happily.

"Oh! You bummin around here too?" She teased in a friendly manner
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus wouldn't have detected moriko by sight alone (her fur so stippled in grey she scarcely looked more than a hunk of granite), but the clatter of loosened pebbles guided him towards her all the same. upon sighting the female arcturus' tail waved genially, interest scribbled across his dark features. she had been digging, and the question of what pressed the tip of his tongue -- only cut short by the grey she-wolf's greeting.

the moonspearian would never admit to bumming or loafing -- such aspects of laziness were beneath him, but he was ready to indulge in moriko's company all the same. "more like wandering with a purpose," he answered, the dark plume of his tail stilled. "what were you digging?"
send my soul away
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(August 15, 2019, 07:26 PM)Arcturus Wrote: arcturus wouldn't have detected moriko by sight alone (her fur so stippled in grey she scarcely looked more than a hunk of granite), but the clatter of loosened pebbles guided him towards her all the same. upon sighting the female arcturus' tail waved genially, interest scribbled across his dark features. she had been digging, and the question of what pressed the tip of his tongue -- only cut short by the grey she-wolf's greeting.

the moonspearian would never admit to bumming or loafing -- such aspects of laziness were beneath him, but he was ready to indulge in moriko's company all the same. "more like wandering with a purpose," he answered, the dark plume of his tail stilled. "what were you digging?"

"Sorry for intruding on your purposeful wandering-"  She teased innocently, hopping back to were she was digging. "I believe I found a hidden den of some sort of small animal.. could just be abandoned, but the smell intruiged me and my curiosity.." 

She tilted her head, leaning closer to him to speak more. "I believe if there /is/ anything in there, I sealed it by digging around it as well, causing dirt to slide down, sealing openings.."

Her ear wiggled slightly, a small twitch. Moriko was still very used to her strange hunting ways. She has been alone for so long that she was used to intently observing everything, thinking of clever ways to trap and capture things. She was strange, yes, but part of a pack none the less.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus leaned towards the hole after moriko, sniffing its caved-in indentation gingerly. he could smell only loam and stone, but if moriko said prey was here he believed her. 

he did not find her hunting methods strange — well, other than that time she had put herself under fire to trip the deer. this seemed safer, saner — he followed his nose for a few meters and then turned back, stumped. it seems you got something. what is it? gopher, fox?? he supposed he could find out by digging..
send my soul away
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(August 21, 2019, 09:30 AM)Arcturus Wrote: arcturus leaned towards the hole after moriko, sniffing its caved-in indentation gingerly. he could smell only loam and stone, but if moriko said prey was here he believed her. 

he did not find her hunting methods strange — well, other than that time she had put herself under fire to trip the deer. this seemed safer, saner — he followed his nose for a few meters and then turned back, stumped. it seems you got something. what is it? gopher, fox?? he supposed he could find out by digging..

Since she had nearly trapped it, she pounced a bit onto the dirt. This caused a small strange noise to be emitted from the mound under her feet, as it then tried to scurry, with no where to go.

She wagged her tail excitedly. "Sounds like a fox- of course its stinky, but obviously its been coating itself in mineral rich soil-" She could smell it on the animal, it was a rain like smell, like rain on wet rocks.

She wagged her tail excitedly,beginning to dig mercilessly towards it, deeper into the ground towards the caved in hole it was trapped it.

"Looks like you wandered into a little dinner date-" She teased towards Arcturus.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus' head tilted as a noise sounded beneath the caved dirt, caught between a shrill cry and a whine. he recognized it as fox.

immediately, arcturus thought of hydra's whelps -- a fox was competition, but a fox could also be a danger -- they had to kill it.

luckily, moriko showed no such remorse as she heaved earth from den, digging deeper. she even went so far as to tease him; arcturus, who had never had anyone tease (or flirt with him, for that matter) stood up straight, a sense of unease shifting through him. not with her, but with himself; how could he react to that, what could he say that would show he wasn't rattled and was obviously cool with being teased?

for  a second arcturus rode the struggle bus, his mind feebly formulating an answer. "is that so?" he winced at his voice, suddenly hating it -- and suddenly very self-conscious of himself. "is it a date when there's no dinner?"

he felt stupid for asking that, but hopefully moriko would take it in stride. not one to be left behind, arcturus started to dig around too -- but anyone with a shrewd eye could tell he was watching her tentatively, measuring her response.
send my soul away
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(August 27, 2019, 05:06 PM)Arcturus Wrote: arcturus' head tilted as a noise sounded beneath the caved dirt, caught between a shrill cry and a whine. he recognized it as fox.

immediately, arcturus thought of hydra's whelps -- a fox was competition, but a fox could also be a danger -- they had to kill it.

luckily, moriko showed no such remorse as she heaved earth from den, digging deeper. she even went so far as to tease him; arcturus, who had never had anyone tease (or flirt with him, for that matter) stood up straight, a sense of unease shifting through him. not with her, but with himself; how could he react to that, what could he say that would show he wasn't rattled and was obviously cool with being teased?

for  a second arcturus rode the struggle bus, his mind feebly formulating an answer. "is that so?" he winced at his voice, suddenly hating it -- and suddenly very self-conscious of himself. "is it a date when there's no dinner?"

he felt stupid for asking that, but hopefully moriko would take it in stride. not one to be left behind, arcturus started to dig around too -- but anyone with a shrewd eye could tell he was watching her tentatively, measuring her response.

His response had clearly amused her as she wiggled her dirt covered nose, continuing with her dig.

"Only if youre still interested." She teased. "I'd have to find a way to smooth my hair down if you are-" She amused herself with her own joke! Poking fun at her scruffy and strange demeanor, and about how it wasn't exactly a "date worthy presentation"

She stopped digging momentarily. Her mind gave her an idea as she trotted over to the area that was rich with rocks. She sniffed around, examining them before picking up a rather large one into her mouth, holding it there as she continued to dig. If she was able to stun the fox directly as the forest air met the soil, it would be much easier to catch such a slender and fast creature when it was confused or injured.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus tried to keep a bit of suave air about him, but frankly, this was entirely un-navigated territory for the young moonspearian. no one had ever flirted with him (that he could tell) -- and unfortunately for the dark beta, arcturus did not have charon's indefatigable sense of confidence (yet).

all the same, he hoped he didn't read as clearly insecure as he followed after moriko, a bit lost and a bit flattered (okay, very flattered -- somehow, that male ego of his was slowly waking up and saying 'hey! pay attention to me!', as was the male ego's natural birthright to be paid attention to).

"i'm interested," arcturus responded with a broad smile, his brow furrowing only as she picked up a rock and turned around. what was her plan, to stone him to death? that's not how most dates went.... right?

now that moriko had a rock in her mouth, the quips were probably over. time for arcturus to impress her by showing how naturally gifted and quick witted he was (wink/grin). "it'll take a lot more than a rock to smooth down those flyaways." arcturus quipped, his tail wagging -- somehow, he had already forgotten about the fox.

typical male, imho.
send my soul away
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(September 02, 2019, 10:05 AM)Arcturus Wrote: arcturus tried to keep a bit of suave air about him, but frankly, this was entirely un-navigated territory for the young moonspearian. no one had ever flirted with him (that he could tell) -- and unfortunately for the dark beta, arcturus did not have charon's indefatigable sense of confidence (yet).

all the same, he hoped he didn't read as clearly insecure as he followed after moriko, a bit lost and a bit flattered (okay, very flattered -- somehow, that male ego of his was slowly waking up and saying 'hey! pay attention to me!', as was the male ego's natural birthright to be paid attention to).

"i'm interested," arcturus responded with a broad smile, his brow furrowing only as she picked up a rock and turned around. what was her plan, to stone him to death? that's not how most dates went.... right?

now that moriko had a rock in her mouth, the quips were probably over. time for arcturus to impress her by showing how naturally gifted and quick witted he was (wink/grin). "it'll take a lot more than a rock to smooth down those flyaways." arcturus quipped, his tail wagging -- somehow, he had already forgotten about the fox.

typical male, imho.

She put the rock down momentarily, grinning as she tilted her head slightly.

"Well if you know what it'll take than you can clearly help me with it after I concuss fox." 

Youre also boosting her confidence, she's enjoying this friendly flirty banter.

Before putting the rock back into her mouth she added another small phrase with a swish of her tail.

"Seems the fox where trying to catch isn't the only vixen here." The rock returned to her mouth. Oooo she's confident right now, you can tell because her quip wasn't self depricating for once. She's slightly nervous about this new wave of confidence, but is definately enjoying it.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus was delighted his quip was at least passable; grinning like an oaf, he followed after moriko -- stopping when she stopped, and resuming when she resumed. after her second joke, arcturus turned around with a slightly exaggerated expression, his mouth forming an o of feigned surprise. "are you calling me a vixen?" he joshed, his tail waving amicably behind him. clearly, he was joking -- but all the same he cast a sly eye to her to apprise how his joke fell. "or are you saying.. you're a lady?" his voice took on uncharacteristic surprise, and he looked over her as if seeing her for the first time. "not possible."

he had already forgotten seconds ago he was feeling nervously excited; now he was just excited, and he bound ahead with an athletic leap. "we can ask the fox which one of us is the pretty vixen, if you ever even catch her." as far as he could tell, this rock-slinging business was risky.. he wondered how good moriko was at aiming that thing, and if he should be concerned that in a moment, the rock would "mysteriously" be thrown his way.
send my soul away
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(September 15, 2019, 03:16 PM)Arcturus Wrote: arcturus was delighted his quip was at least passable; grinning like an oaf, he followed after moriko -- stopping when she stopped, and resuming when she resumed. after her second joke, arcturus turned around with a slightly exaggerated expression, his mouth forming an o of feigned surprise. "are you calling me a vixen?" he joshed, his tail waving amicably behind him. clearly, he was joking -- but all the same he cast a sly eye to her to apprise how his joke fell. "or are you saying.. you're a lady?" his voice took on uncharacteristic surprise, and he looked over her as if seeing her for the first time. "not possible."

he had already forgotten seconds ago he was feeling nervously excited; now he was just excited, and he bound ahead with an athletic leap. "we can ask the fox which one of us is the pretty vixen, if you ever even catch her." as far as he could tell, this rock-slinging business was risky.. he wondered how good moriko was at aiming that thing, and if he should be concerned that in a moment, the rock would "mysteriously" be thrown his way.

Rock in mouth she uttered. "Me a lady..? Yes, possibly more of one than you can handle-" She let out a little giggle at her tease, enjoying this banter.

She kept digging and felt pushing up against the dirt. She readied her position and when she dug up the remaining dirt, she pushed him slightly aside with her side and behind. She didn't want to injure his paws or nose with her rock so she gave him a little nudge before a nose appeared through the dirt.

She raised her head, dropping the rock directly onto the unknowing foxes snout and face. As it recoiled she pounced, grabbing it between her teeth as it wriggled slightly, but eventualy silencing it with a sink of her teeth in its wind pipe. She trotted over to the other wolf now, placing the kill drectly infront of him, tail wagging as she did a little excited dance on her paws.

"Well I've caught her, though I don't think she'll be answering to anyone anytime soon-" She flashed a smile at him
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus' smile was unending -- this kind of banter was good for him. it broke his usually stern decorum, and maybe, just maybe, moriko was teaching him to take himself a little less seriously (never a bad thing).

he was quickly pushed aside, and though the gesture was gentle, arcturus wanted to see what happened next. this woman's hunting strategies were so creative -- so different -- would this strategy work?

he needn't wonder for long. in the dark hole, a slim nose appeared -- only to be rudely met by the uncompromising face of a rock. arcturus winced, almost feeling sorry for the fox.. but then he remembered hydra and her kits, and all semblance of empathy disappeared.

glancing on moriko with an approving look, arcturus' tail swayed as he spoke. "well, that's a first, seeing a fox stoned to death. she would have picked me, anyway."
send my soul away
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(September 22, 2019, 11:41 AM)Arcturus Wrote: arcturus' smile was unending -- this kind of banter was good for him. it broke his usually stern decorum, and maybe, just maybe, moriko was teaching him to take himself a little less seriously (never a bad thing).

he was quickly pushed aside, and though the gesture was gentle, arcturus wanted to see what happened next. this woman's hunting strategies were so creative -- so different -- would this strategy work?

he needn't wonder for long. in the dark hole, a slim nose appeared -- only to be rudely met by the uncompromising face of a rock. arcturus winced, almost feeling sorry for the fox.. but then he remembered hydra and her kits, and all semblance of empathy disappeared.

glancing on moriko with an approving look, arcturus' tail swayed as he spoke. "well, that's a first, seeing a fox stoned to death. she would have picked me, anyway."

"Well thats why she was greeted with a rock-." She flicked her tail, smirking at him. "You know there are still plenty of rocks I could knock you out with to-" She let out a small snicker, hoping jokingly from side to side.

"A dinner date followed by a small concussion-" She poked her nose at his head slightly, letting out a snort laugh, before nudging the fox towards him with her nose.

"Lets eat- vixens first~" She sat, tilting her head as she gave a small little giggle at her own joke, one of her ears flicking as she did. Mr.Serious was more fun that he let on huh?
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus was trying to at least remain semi-serious, but that last quip about the vixen's demise being earned made him snort in amusement. moriko was quick, he could give her that -- and in more ways than one. arcturus felt like a six-tonne bison laboring after her, relatively speaking.

he eyed the vixen, with her crushed in skull -- it was a shame, but he had no sentimentality for her any longer. she and her kind posed as too great a risk to his nieces and nephews. pulling out of reach from moriko's probing face (after all, maybe he was the next 'vixen' to meet death by granite) arcturus nudged the fox thoughtfully, and then countered. "that doesn't really sound like the ideal dinner date." arcturus admitted, not too keen on being stoned by anything.

he grabbed the fox and placed its limp neck between both paws; with a rough ripping, and a few bloodied bits of chewing, he had managed to messily divide the still-warm flesh of the fox. proffering moriko with her share of the kill, arcturus settled down on his haunches and began to eat contemplatively.
send my soul away
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(September 23, 2019, 06:23 PM)Arcturus Wrote: arcturus was trying to at least remain semi-serious, but that last quip about the vixen's demise being earned made him snort in amusement. moriko was quick, he could give her that -- and in more ways than one. arcturus felt like a six-tonne bison laboring after her, relatively speaking.

he eyed the vixen, with her crushed in skull -- it was a shame, but he had no sentimentality for her any longer. she and her kind posed as too great a risk to his nieces and nephews. pulling out of reach from moriko's probing face (after all, maybe he was the next 'vixen' to meet death by granite) arcturus nudged the fox thoughtfully, and then countered. "that doesn't really sound like the ideal dinner date." arcturus admitted, not too keen on being stoned by anything.

he grabbed the fox and placed its limp neck between both paws; with a rough ripping, and a few bloodied bits of chewing, he had managed to messily divide the still-warm flesh of the fox. proffering moriko with her share of the kill, arcturus settled down on his haunches and began to eat contemplatively.

Moriko gave a soft, embarrased smile as she began to eat as well, sitting upright, taking her time. She listened to the sounds of the forest around her, shutting her eyes momentarily before opening them again. She chewd, humming softly to herself.

"I, myself am not really an ideal date." She jested to herself, laughing softly as she licked her lips clean, peering at the treetops above.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
as Arcturus ate the last of his scraps, he could not decide if Moriko’s tone was in jest, or if it was a private jab at herself. thinking on the matter, the boy hardly knew what an ideal date was. 

he propped himself up upon his muscular limbs, regarding Moriko with a careful smile as she finished her meal. what’s your ideal, then? the beta probed carefully, finding that somehow navigating this new landscape of discovering someone else was both exciting and terrifying.
send my soul away
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(October 01, 2019, 01:26 PM)Arcturus Wrote: as Arcturus ate the last of his scraps, he could not decide if Moriko’s tone was in jest, or if it was a private jab at herself. thinking on the matter, the boy hardly knew what an ideal date was. 

he propped himself up upon his muscular limbs, regarding Moriko with a careful smile as she finished her meal. what’s your ideal, then? the beta probed carefully, finding that somehow navigating this new landscape of discovering someone else was both exciting and terrifying.

Her ear twitched as she finished, peering at him.

"M-Me..?" She added softly. 

With a small tilt of her head she thought to herself. "Hmmm.. someone who is kind and caring, and  can see not through me, but into me." She gave a small smile. "Acceptance and loyalty, and kindness are all I need." She tilted her ears shyly for a moment before she let out a slight laugh.

"Although a nice coat never hurt anyone, after all, what is a regular meal compared to a fresh one-" She jested, tail swishing slightly
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
m-me? came moriko's surprised reply, prompting a laugh from the darkened jaws of arcturus. "no silly, i was talking to the vixen." the grin told otherwise, though he delighted in the chance to tease her much the way she had done to him.

as moriko catalogued the things that drew her in, arcturus realized he was none of these things; this finding came with a rather surprising deepening of his gut, which somehow seemed to sink as she spoke. he wasn't particularly nice, he wasn't always kind -- he was loyal, but not to her.. the roster was beginning to look discouraging, though his ears perked as she mentioned a nice coat.

that he had in spades; arcturus flipped on a flashy grin that felt stupid on his face. attempting to disguise he had asked for, you know, personal reasons, arcturus crossed one paw in front of the other and looked smoothly away. "that's quite the list. don't you care about a guy who is strong, or handsome too?" stupid, shallow arcturus.
send my soul away
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(October 09, 2019, 07:47 PM)Arcturus Wrote: m-me? came moriko's surprised reply, prompting a laugh from the darkened jaws of arcturus. "no silly, i was talking to the vixen." the grin told otherwise, though he delighted in the chance to tease her much the way she had done to him.

as moriko catalogued the things that drew her in, arcturus realized he was none of these things; this finding came with a rather surprising deepening of his gut, which somehow seemed to sink as she spoke. he wasn't particularly nice, he wasn't always kind -- he was loyal, but not to her.. the roster was beginning to look discouraging, though his ears perked as she mentioned a nice coat.

that he had in spades; arcturus flipped on a flashy grin that felt stupid on his face. attempting to disguise he had asked for, you know, personal reasons, arcturus crossed one paw in front of the other and looked smoothly away. "that's quite the list. don't you care about a guy who is strong, or handsome too?" stupid, shallow arcturus.

She stretched before allowing herself to lay down, relaxing.

"I mean of course- but surely I couldn't ask for such things to be needed in a male if I don't have the beauty to match." She added softly, giving an exhale from her nose.

So it wasn't that she didn't admire a handsome male, it's just that she was worried about being in the same league, she felt as though her appearance wasn't good enough to compete. She swished her tail softly.

"Of course its not like thats something you have to worry about-"  She complimented, quietly.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus’ brow furrowed in response; did moriko think so poorly of herself?

perhaps it was easy for arcturus, son of charon, to have a high opinion of himself and his self worth. after all, no one had ever told him otherwise. his entire life he had been groomed to be something special, and stupidly for the most part he believed it.

self depreciation is not a winning characteristic. the beta admonished, though his tone was gentle. he did not see moriko as either ugly or unlikeable.

somehow he managed to keep his head as she complimented him; a smile even momentarily speared across his muzzle. you don’t either. i think we both know who the vixen really would have picked.
send my soul away
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(October 16, 2019, 08:37 AM)Arcturus Wrote: arcturus’ brow furrowed in response; did moriko think so poorly of herself?

perhaps it was easy for arcturus, son of charon, to have a high opinion of himself and his self worth. after all, no one had ever told him otherwise. his entire life he had been groomed to be something special, and stupidly for the most part he believed it.

self depreciation is not a winning characteristic. the beta admonished, though his tone was gentle. he did not see moriko as either ugly or unlikeable.

somehow he managed to keep his head as she complimented him; a smile even momentarily speared across his muzzle. you don’t either. i think we both know who the vixen really would have picked.

Her fur fluffled like static slightly at the compliment. Clearly flattered as she responded the the other comment.

"Yes, you are right.. self deprecation is a bad habit of mine, and I should try to outgrow it." She added softly, shifting her shoulders slightly.

She perked up momentarily, tilting her head at the male. "Arcturus, you remind me a lot of a honeysuckle." She gave a smile. " They are very bright and eye catching, the first thing you see, eye catching. Yet, despite their vibrancy, they are sweet"

She eyed him with a small smile. "You are very wise and give quite an aura. And you are incredibly pleasant and have been nothing but kind to me."

She quite enjoyed his company, and his banter. It was nice spending time with him.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus nodded alongside moriko, pleased that she took his light criticism kindly. in his eyes, she was not an unworthy competitor -- and he wished to help guide her in a way that chased away whatever demons she had about her own self-worth.

his ear was half-turned to moriko as she continued, a scarlet blush gradually rising to his cheeks. thank god for dark fur, for arcturus was suddenly quite bashful -- he didn't even mind being compared to a honeysuckle, even if it was uncharacteristic of a male to be likened to a flower.. he was more tickled by the fact she had mentioned eye-catching. EGO STROKED!

all the same he was terribly abashed by the compliment, partially because he did not know if he deserved a slew of them, and partially because this was unfamiliar terrain for the ostrega -- it opened up a path of vulnerability that both daunted and enlivened him. "um... thank you," he started, feeling inadequate in how he handled such high accolades. he felt silly, but to hell with it -- "i really like hanging out with you." what started first as awkward fumbling became something straight from the heart, and arcturus was surprised midspeech to see how easily the words were distracted. "you're funny and clever, and i like that you're always keeping me on my toes and showing me new ways to do things. it's..." he breathed in deep, feeling a peace settle across his thrumming heart: "it's a good change."
send my soul away
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(October 22, 2019, 05:43 PM)Arcturus Wrote: arcturus nodded alongside moriko, pleased that she took his light criticism kindly. in his eyes, she was not an unworthy competitor -- and he wished to help guide her in a way that chased away whatever demons she had about her own self-worth.

his ear was half-turned to moriko as she continued, a scarlet blush gradually rising to his cheeks. thank god for dark fur, for arcturus was suddenly quite bashful -- he didn't even mind being compared to a honeysuckle, even if it was uncharacteristic of a male to be likened to a flower.. he was more tickled by the fact she had mentioned eye-catching. EGO STROKED!

all the same he was terribly abashed by the compliment, partially because he did not know if he deserved a slew of them, and partially because this was unfamiliar terrain for the ostrega -- it opened up a path of vulnerability that both daunted and enlivened him. "um... thank you," he started, feeling inadequate in how he handled such high accolades. he felt silly, but to hell with it -- "i really like hanging out with you." what started first as awkward fumbling became something straight from the heart, and arcturus was surprised midspeech to see how easily the words were distracted. "you're funny and clever, and i like that you're always keeping me on my toes and showing me new ways to do things. it's..." he breathed in deep, feeling a peace settle across his thrumming heart: "it's a good change."

Her face began to feel hot as a blush streaked across her cheeks, hopefully unnoticable, but her lighter fur didn't help with that. She turned to look at him, shyly as she gave a stupid little smile, the kind that makes your eyes squint momentarily, and would even reveal dimples. Her tail flopped happily a bit as she began to feel, special? confident..? admired..?

" I enjoy your company to." She stepped a bit closer, tilting her head as she looked at him fondly. "Even just being in your prescence brings me comfort and overall, pleasantness." As she said this the wind ruffled through her fur slightly,but she wish it hadn't, as it ruffled her already messy fur slightly more.

Still she was worried about appearance. Somehow, his softer words made his image even more attractive. And her slightly more nervous of hers.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus did not find anything about moriko stupid — including her smile. if anything that smile compelled a grin of his own, and he was quick to try to stow it away.

they were well into uncharted territory for the ostrega — he had always been a wolf with some emotional intelligence, but never a wolf with a vehicle in which to articulate them. to be so vulnerable in front of another was entirely new, and Arcturus found himself worried he might overextend or say something irrevocable in the process. in that way he was charon’s son, and the moment of heartfelt vulnerability soon came to pass.

affording a slight smile that did little to hide arcturus’ bashfulness, the male spoke. likewise. it’s nice — plus I get to learn new tricks on hunting. have any other brilliant tactics up your tail?
send my soul away