Swiftcurrent Creek for what it's worth
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 
early morning finds her on the borders, pausing now and again as she marks them. it has been a long while since she's patrolled, and not just because of the birth of her children. her time as Morningside's leader had seen her at the edges of the territory daily, and there was familiarity in her silence patrol. she exhaled, embracing the slight chill - it was one of the first crisp mornings that signaled that summer was not immortal. to her, a relief - the hunting was easier in the winter, even if less small prey was available. 

it was only a matter of following the prey - this ought to be the time to discuss a move, to send out their scouts. but she was aware that most packs remained settled, and in some ways, it was easier to do so. perhaps she'd bring it up with Kavik. but for now, she left behind her brief reverie and continued along the borderline.
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

In the last six weeks Rosalie had become somewhat of a hermit, rarely venturing far from the den, from her two suckling pups. Soter and Morena had become her entire world, with brief stints of time spent with Lainie and Polaris. Helios and Zephyr’s disappearance weighed heavy on her shoulders, and she couldn’t help but feel everything had become her fault. Perhaps things would have been better had she never reunited with Alessia months prior.

Her dark mood carried her farther from the den than she had realized. Until she caught Dawn’s scent, and she shook herself from her daydream (daynightmare?). Having stumbled upon the woman during her patrol, Lie offered a chuff to the woman up wind of her.
1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she's not seen her friend in some time, and her call had her peer over her shoulder with a small smile, pausing. "rosalie! join me?" she knows, from the scents around the territory, that she has largely been sequestered with her young. she knows her family has seen loss - one of her own pups, though the details are unclear to the huntress, and now the disappearance of two of the older children. children, like mothers, seem to disappear often, she ponders a moment. had their ranks allowed, she thinks surely some sort of search party would be organized, but with so many young and few adults, they are stretched thin enough as it is. she doesn't ask how Rosalie is doing - to that, she already knows the answer. still, she knows her own grief would have been helped by some distraction, some feeling of usefulness, and hopes a simple patrol can offer that.
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

Although she tried to conjure a smile, her attempt fell short, with only the slightest tip of her lips. “Dawn, it’s good to see you.” Which she truly did mean, it was nice to see a friend in these turbulent times. She couldn’t see any harm in joining Dawn for a short while, maybe it would keep her mind off of other, much darker thoughts.

“How have you been?” She definitely looked much more aware than when they had last seen each other. Leaving the question open for an answer, Lie would wait to let Dawn guide them on their border excursion.
1/5
5/5

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she smiles softly, echoing back, "and you, too." she adjusts her step to better fall in line beside Rosalie, thinking a moment on the question she poses. "I'm better." not quite good, but a little better than fine. most definitely better than the person she'd been for a month after the pups' birth. 

she's quiet for a moment, and then adds, "it does get better. not good - sometimes, you can't find the person you were before. but the pain grows less, even though the healing hurts. and eventually grief is like a scar; always there, painful when stretched, but manageable." she hadn't meant to have the conversation get this heavy, but the words come anyways. she does not know how much grief Rosalie has known; but in any case, it feels right to offer the advice.
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

Her smile fell slowly as Dawn spoke, and she drew her gaze away from the silver woman, toward the ground, or the sky, or the trees it didn’t matter, just away from Dawn. Swallowing thickly, “I [mdah] I can’t help but think that maybe, just maybe if I had stayed awake longer, or woke up sooner, she would have been alright.” Rosalie doubts she knows the exact circumstances of her daughters death, and Lie could never expose her families secrets, but Dawn’s words struck a cord, not that she honestly believed the pain could diminish. But at least, there were people to support her, to support each other.

“I failed her, Dawn. And I just wish there was a way to bring her back. I would do anything for her to come back.” She couldn’t stop the tears, they often came of their own accord nowadays. Just as they did now. She kept them walking, it was easier than standing still. She needed to do something.
1/5
5/5