Swiftcurrent Creek days turn and yet,
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Private 
it's morning, and the sun shines weakly through a mass of clouds. drizzle seems destined, though she'd determined to leave the den, at least for a time. she'd asked @Aditya to watch the pups, and oddly enough found it intensely difficult to separate herself from them. still, her throat was dry as bone and so she made her way to the river, the odd birdcall sounding through the canopy. 

when her thirst was sated, she called for @Kavik - perhaps he knew already, though she felt an audience was necessary yet. she was exhausted still, aching, and occasionally she bled in ways she told herself were meaningless. still, she was content.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
It is probably no surprise to anyone that Kavik was patrolling long before the sun came up. Although, even now, the day still remained grey, promising yet another summer shower. So, when he heard Dawn's call near the other side of the creek, he wasted no time heading that way, curious and, honestly, a little concerned; she had just given birth, and he hoped she wasn't calling to inform him of some kind of trouble. He hadn't yet stopped by the den; he wanted to give them some time alone before adding their den site to his patrol and bugging them with whatever other neuroses plagued the alpha.

He chuffed as he approached, noticing the blood that mixed with her scent; he recognized the mixture of scents from when Alessia had given birth, and so he didn't worry too much about it. Still, he couldn't keep some of his worry out of his expression as he came a stop at the new mother's side. Is everything okay?
I'm no good without you
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
"kavik," she greeted when he came into sight, and answered his question with a nod. she sat; exhaustion bid her stand as little as possible. "I've had my pups - two, a boy and a girl." she did not mention the others. they had had not had a chance at life and therefore, in her mind, they'd never existed. no use lingering on them when her two living pups seemed so small and fragile and in need of careful protection. there was more she wished to say, and apologize for, but she fell silent as she waited for him to react first to this. besides, talking seemed much more difficult than it ought to.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Congratulations, he said first. How are you doing? And, the pups--how are they? he hoped all was well with them; he knew the worries that went along with parenthood and how quickly things could turn. If there's anything I can do to make things easier for you guys, please let me know, he added after a few seconds. Support was important, especially in the early stages when she wouldn't be able to leave the pups for very long. He knew she had Aditya, as well, but the more help, the better.
I'm no good without you
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
"we're alright," she offered, and hoped it was the truth. "they're strong, I think." strong enough not to die with their siblings, and strong enough to exist and grow despite her inexperience and the distinct sense that she's doing wrong by them. 

she dipped her head in gratitude. "thank you, Kavik." she hopes she'll never have to take him up on that offer, however. "you have done so much for us already, by allowing us a place here." she is already in his debt, though at the thought, her brow creases for a moment. despite her efforts, she's yet to find recruits, and the thought weighs heavy on her mind.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
That's good to hear, he replied with a dip of his head. But just as soon as the words left his mouth, he paused, his eyebrows drawing together in concern. You think? he asked. Is everything okay? He hoped they weren't sick or anything. Maybe Sherigrim should come check on them.

There is no need to thank me, he said, shaking his head. Aditya pulls his weight, and I know you will too whenever you're able. He wouldn't bring up the lack of recruits, because that was just not how he operated. He knew that raising children was tough and time consuming, and he trusted that they would hold up their end.
I'm no good without you