Whitefish River Anywhere as long as you're there with me
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Private 

Now that Speedy’s brood had been officially introduced, Emrik tended to spend more time lounging around the entrance of her den. Trying to coax the youngsters out into the big wide world with him as a worthy protector and shield. He couldn’t deny how enthralled he had been with the whole experience, but he was happy that @Speedy had wanted him around. It was nice to be so close to his best friend again, he had missed her. A now seeing how naturally she took to motherhood he didn’t try and deny the resurfacing feelings that had always lingered since she left. No Emrik had always been head over heels in love with Speedy.

They sun peaked through a few clouds that had accumulated in the sky, and the man soaked up as much sun as he could. Summer was his favorite season, but he knew it would be over much to quickly for his liking. He safely stored this instant away as a special moment, you never knew where life could take you and sometimes you had to savor the quiet moments in life.

Common

"Well, we'll just have to get to know each other a little better."

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Today, @Evergreen had offered to watch the pups, and Speedy had taken the opportunity for a short break. The children were getting to be somewhat of a handful, so she wouldn't leave the count to deal with them for long, and she wouldn't wander far just in case he needed something.

On her way from the den, a familiar and comforting scent blew in with the warm summer breeze, and she smiled a little. The last few weeks had been rough for her; she was still grieving over the loss of her tiny child and when she wasn't thinking of that, she was consumed with guilt over what she had done and fear over when it would all catch up to her. But, his constant presence and support had soothed some of her turmoil, and she had grown to need his soothing energy in her life just as much as she needed him.

She saw him warming his fur in the sun that peeked through the clouds and padded over. Hey you, she greeted softly, settling down next to him. She, too, loved the sun, and she closed her eyes as its warmth touched her face.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Leaning against chestnut coated woman, Speedy threw her a wide and bright smile. “Hey right back.” Sitting back up properly, he glanced back to where they had just come to see if they were alone or if she had the brood with her. Finding none of her children, he turned his gaze back.

“How’s it going?” Watching her bask in the warmth of daylight, Emrik knew 100% that this, this was the special moment he had seen coming. Wow. He thought quietly to himself.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She thought she had done a pretty good job hiding her inner turmoil from the rest of the pack; she was supposed to be helping others get well, and that meant she needed to spread warmth and contentment, which wouldn't happen if she wore her sadness and self-hatred on her sleeve. But, she didn't think she could hide it from Emrik, even if she tried. 

But, she didn't want to spoil this moment with all the things that plagued her thoughts. Eyes opening, she looked up at him and smiled. It's going okay, Speedy answered, feeling a little bad that she had given him the vague answer. Her face fell a little when she realized she couldn't lie to him. I mean, I'm afraid that they'll come for me and the children, but I'm trying not to let it rule my life, her voice was quiet, and she looked down. It's hard sometimes, though.

She sat up, meeting his gaze once more. How are you? she asked, a hint of concern in her expression. She couldn't help but worry about him; he was important to her, and because of that, he was now saddled with helping to care for children that weren't his—biologically, anyway.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

She shone her golden gaze upon his and in that instant, he could tell she wasn’t as carefree as he had thought her to be upon first arrival. And the smile she tried to shield him with fell minutely, his own grin shifting in to empathy and understanding. He slowly nodded, “I know Speedy. But you don’t have to worry. I’m— I mean … we are all here to help and protect you.” I won’t let them hurt you. The words stuck to his tongue, such fanciful thoughts were better kept to one’s self.

“I’m great! Finally feel settled in you know. And those kids! Man, I think you’ve outdone yourself this time Speedy. They are fantastic.” He held a genuine smile, teeth gleaming like the sun high above. Eye crinkling to mirror the glee he felt in his heart. He was a major push over, especially when it came to children. Oh how he loved children!

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
The smile partially returned to her face, and she inched closer, offering a light kiss to his cheek. Thank you, Emrik, she softly replied. She didn't voice that she absolutely hated the idea of anyone getting hurt protecting her from something that was her fault. Instead, she tried her best to take comfort in his presence and support and push the rest from her mind. I'm really glad you're here. 

The last of the tension left her face when he told her how well he was settling in. And when he brought up the children, she couldn't help but grin. She loved them so much, and she couldn't put into words how much it meant to her that he was so fond of them. Well, you've helped me so much; I really appreciate it, she beamed. They're lucky to have you, and you're so great with them. She had been prepared to raise the pups on her own, but she couldn't be happier that Emrik had stayed and helped her.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Her motherhood shone through in the moments when Speedy spoke of her beloved children. Emrik had always known she would make a wonderful mother, and now he got to see that he had right all along. “They’re part of you Speedy, how could I not love them.” He laughed lightly, a huff or two, scoffing at the obviousness of the situation.

“Besides you know me, I’m a people pleaser, kids like that in an adult.” He playfully nudged her, trying to avoid the seriousness that she was trying to convey. She didn’t need to thank him, and so he wouldn’t accept it.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
When he said things like that, it made her want to cry. There was no way she deserved to have him in her life. She didn't care, though. She was still happy he was here, and she wasn't going to let her guilt poison their time together. 

She smiled at his next words, chuckling a little as he nudged her. I think I like that about you too, she teased, returning his nudge with a gentle one of her own. She couldn't remember the last time she had felt relaxed and happy enough to tease someone. He always had a way of lifting her spirits, no matter how bad she was feeling. But she wondered: When's the last time you did anything for yourself, though? Here he was, devoting all his time to helping her raise children that weren't even his, and she hadn't even made sure that he was taking time for himself.