Arrow Lake weightless like a wayless beast
salem burns the weeds
28 Posts
Ooc — Gin
All Welcome 
Sunlight had become something that frequently inspired naps from the dark young child. The longer he spent roasting beneath the touch of clear blue skies and shimmering golden rays, the more he felt his body relax. The sickness had been challenging for Trench. He had struggled to find his strength when his symptoms had subsided, but it had been nearly a week and he had found a way to battle the invisible beast and emerge victorious.

Clouds wheeled overhead, blanketing the sky in a dismal and pale grey color. Trench stood just at the mouth of the family den with a thoughtful expression. He sniffed the air, testing the scent of it, and took a few paces forward. Near the den, there was a large tree that provided a wide blanket of shade for the earth below. Trench positioned himself in the shade of the tree and lowered himself to his belly. From there, he watched the clouds chase their way across the heavens.
i burn down my house and build it up again
i burn it down twice just for the fun of it
81 Posts
Ooc — Van
"Trench," River called to Trench, her voice edged with an impatient whine; boredom had created a beggar out of a chooser. Argent was sleeping, leaving River to seek entertainment elsewhere; her elder brother did not like being woken up, and she had learned this the hard way. She approached with profoundly placed steps, making it evident that she was nearing. River had been oblivious of her brother's ailing health and thus had formed an unenthusiastic opinion of Trench. He just wasn't as fun as Argent and favored engaging her more vivacious sibling. 

Once River stood at Trench's side, she looked down at him with her head cocked to the side and prodded her brother's shoulder—a half-assed attempt to rouse him to play.
salem burns the weeds
28 Posts
Ooc — Gin
The sound of his sister’s voice pulled his attention, swiveling his ears until they were aimed for her. It did not take long for the fiery young girl to make her way to his side. River was not the only one who did not understand the illness that had washed over the dark boy. Even Trench had not fully comprehended the violent downward spiral that he had taken. Still weak, still fighting, the young inkling had found a way to push through. Despite this, he did not understand why he was not as strong as his siblings. He did not understand why he had not been able to tousle with them in the sunshine.

River’s large puppy paw pressed into his side. Trench peered up at his sister with a soft expression. The jade of his vision seemed to dance happily just before his muzzle lifted upward into an easy smile. Shakily, the dark child rose to his paws and regarded the golden coat of his sibling with a few sniffs. “Wanna play, River?” the inkling inquired.
i burn down my house and build it up again
i burn it down twice just for the fun of it
81 Posts
Ooc — Van
"Wanna play, River?" 

River's tail tipped in reply, evidently pleased that Trench had understood her unspoken request. Leaning towards him, she sniffed his soot-painted coat in turn; although the scent of his illness lingered, she noticed that it was lessening by the day. 

River was suddenly filled to the brim with excitement, as she realized that she had a playmate. Seemlessly, she transitioned into play-mode by taking a step backward and dropped into a bow. Once in position, River offered a spirited woof before challenging, "Come 'an get me, Trench-y!"
salem burns the weeds
28 Posts
Ooc — Gin
The golden child turned to him with a happy expression. Her wet nose danced along the fine hairs of his nape before she bounded away from him limberly. Trench followed her with his muzzle, a flash of envy in the silver-flecked jade of his eyes. Try as he might, the dark young child was not nearly as strong as River was. Even Argent had developed better – stronger – than the thin-framed shadow. It was easy to see how much the sickness had caused detriment to his wellbeing. Young, but his features were slim and seemed to be held up by narrow bones. He would be a handsome thing when he was older, but Trench would never fill into the physique that his father carried.

With a happy yip, Trench tumbled after River and aimed sloppily for her right ear. His jade gaze seemed to sparkle with a genuine joy. It was good for him to learn how to spend time with his siblings. It was important that he learn just how capable he was at an early age.