Swiftcurrent Creek mom said it's my turn to be cool
the universe flows through me.
17 Posts
Ooc — hund
All Welcome 
AW but he isn't far from his den!

Soter was getting a bit better with age. He wasn't as pudgy now that he moved about on legs. Granted he was definitely still packing baby fat and would for a stretch longer. However he knew he was handsome, the best looking of them all really. So a little pudge did not —

thump.

In his egotistical thoughts he had managed to stumble over a rogue rock and meet the earth in a clumsy fall. Instinct told him to cry but in his attempt to keep up all his coolness all he could muster up was a pathetic whine. The Tonrar boy rolled onto his back with his legs tucked close to his torso.

No one had warned him how absolutely awful it felt to hit your paw on a rock.
french & common
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

snatching this while its still open :)

She couldn’t say that she was pleased with the passing of time. Her two youngest were growing faster than she had remember the four eldest. They’re strong personalities were growing, and they were even starting to get restless with the idea of simply cuddling with her although they hadn’t quite grown out of the habit, for which Lie was extremely grateful. They were however, starting their own little adventures, and their toddling steps outside the den had come much to quickly for Rosalie.

She had seen him venture toward the bright entrance, a slight tilt to her head. Her seafoam gaze keeping a close eye on her wandering son. Having looked away for a moment to check that Morena was still sleeping, Lie turned back at the tiny whine. Seeing Soter rolling on the ground, she too exited the den.

“What happened?” Lie spoke gently, leaning in to nose the boy’s snout. Inspecting him for injury.
1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
17 Posts
Ooc — hund
In truth, the boy wouldn't have minded if anyone else saw his fall. He didn't care much what others thought but the face to greet him had been his mother. Soft spoken and tender touched. To think that she saw his moment of foolishness — his coolness gone from every inch of his form — it made his insides twist in an uncomfortable way. Embarrassment had settled on his face now.

Nothin'. His voice quivered in betrayal to his answer. It didn't take long for him to crack, such a pitiful liar to his parents. I tripped. The Tonrar boy confessed as his head turned away to gaze anywhere but his mother's face.
french & common
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

The avoidance of a proper answer was returned with a raised brow and a skeptical look. Of course it didn’t take long for him to admit why he was on the ground. “Did you hurt yourself?” She hadn’t been such a helicopter parent with the first four, but then again there situation had been different.

Although he avoided her gaze, Lie inspected him further. She wasn’t really all that worried, but it gave her something to do. Having found nothing extremely out of the ordinary, Lie smiled again and gave him a slobbery lick to the cheek while he was looking else where. “I think you just might live.”
1/5
5/5

17 Posts
Ooc — hund
He did not want to admit that he had both tripped and hurt himself. So he waited for a few breaths before his mother so graciously offered him a out on admitting the soreness of his paw.

"I think you just might live."

'Course I will! The words were broken up with giggles. The slobbery kiss had been totally not cool and while he hoped no one had seen...well, he didn't really mind. His parents got free passes for not being cool all the time like him.

Quickly, he aimed to bury his face in the plush of his mother's neck. Ya think dad's tripped before? He asked softly, hoping he was not the clumsiest of Tonrars. Granted there were plenty of them around that he didn't totally realize.
french & common
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

Her laugh joined his, as she lied down to allow him to snuggle closer. Her laugh continued on through his question, and she nodded her head. “I don’t need to think, I know he has. As have I. And mom. And your brother and sisters. Everyone trips at some point.” They were learning so many things, and Lie refused to let them learn how to doubt themselves.

1/5
5/5

17 Posts
Ooc — hund
What? He blurted, pulling back from her fur to give a bewildered look at his mother. No way. Not you and mom. A toothy grin was all he could offer. His mothers were graceful and so skilled, he could not fathom them making the silly mistake that he had. Granted he hadn't really thought his father would do such a thing either (such a proud, powerful man!) but he had asked anyway to soothe his own ego.
french & common
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

“Yes, mom and I. We were once as young as you too. We had to learn to walk and talk and hunt, just as you are learning now.” She grinned at him, and bopped his nose with her own, the gentle upturn of her lips continuing to linger during this tender moment with her son.

1/5
5/5

17 Posts
Ooc — hund
'M gonna be just like you and mom. Maybe dad too. He mused softly as he bopped back her own nose. Can ya tell me a story? Like when you were a kid. Carefully he buried himself back into the plush of his mother's fur. It was not often that he got one-on-one time with mother (not that he minded it, for he loved his sister deeply) and so he was keen to soak it up while he could.
french & common
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

There was a certain pride that came from the adoration of your own children, and Lie was content to bask in the love of her son. All her worries having disappeared somewhere during her latest interaction with the young boy.

Enjoying his embrace, Rosalie dipped her head and shimmed into the cuddle more throughly. "Sure, let me think.” Lifting and tilting her head in thought, Lie had to find the perfect story to tell. "Hmm about how your mom and I first met? Or perhaps the first time I adventured outside the pack territory?” These were only a few ideas that came to mind. Both were exciting and interesting in their own way, and she could feel a giggle in her chest thinking about both stories. "Which one would you rather hear?”
1/5
5/5