Sun Mote Copse Family is forever
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
All Welcome 
@Deku @Colt @Wraen. Backdated as close to the 10th as everyone can make it

She had thought Takara would be able to grab the two boys and make an escape safely, unaware just how far and wide each bot had taken to wandering. The knowledge of how badly she had slipped up pained her deeply and for the past few days she had not stopped for rest nor had she eaten or drank much more than was needed to keep her going. It was by chance that she caught wind of him since she hadn't been able to track his scent, she had been passing by the pack when she caught the faint trace of her son and immediately paused to lift her head and call out. She prayed that they hadn't found her little Deku hurt or sick, she hoped he had simply wandered too close or that someone had decided to keep him safe.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
super-adorable little shrimp
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
At the moment of the call Sovereign and Tradesman were busy elsewhere, but Elfie had happened to be lingering near the borders. Wraen had showed him a mousing spot earlier that week and, when she could not accompany him to the trips outside Sun mote copse, Elfie entertained himself by coming here and practicing stealth, sneakiness and general skill that was required for catching the rodents. They weren't near as half so willing to become his lunch and as he had expected.

Now and then he had trailed together with other adults on the patrolling rounds on borders. He had even left a mark or two as well, though he had not yet mastered that level of bladder control to have enough material for the whole distance. In theory he knew, what was to be done. Therefore, no wonder that, when no one rushed to reply the call, Elfie thought it was his task to undertake this duty. He bounded towards the source of the sound and came face to face with an unfamiliar she-wolf.

He stopped at a safe distance from her, stared her up and down shamelessly, decided that she was interesting and not that scary (uhmm... not a wise conclusion, but he will learn, he will learn) and approached her. He puffed out his lean chest proudly and managed not to trip over his long limbs. His attempt to arch his tail over his back and keep his head up simultaneously failed, because he had not yet outgrown of the childish habit of greeting all adults, keeping tail wagging appeasingly low.

"Hi! Who are you?" he asked her, his gaze still tracing the battle scars along the weathered warrior's face and body. "Are you a hero?" 
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
There was a tone of worry in the voice that called out at the borders, and while it wasn't one Niamh recognized, her maternal instincts told her to go and investigate. She'd been working with Bronco on his stalking techniques when the call went up, and while her initial reaction was to tell him to stay well within the pack's borders, she knew she also had to teach her son how to greet those who called out. Something told her, too, that this wouldn't be a troublesome encounter, possibly the pleading tone of the female wolf's voice. So she allowed her son to tag along. 

The russet son of Eljay and Wildfire had greeted the stranger first, though there didn't appear to be any hostility in the posture of either of the wolves. She still felt slightly protective, and stepped to Elfie's side, while gesturing for Bronco to hang back a bit. She nodded to the dark female, the worry in her sparkling eyes prompting Niamh to cut to the chase. "Anything we can help you with?" She asked, noting that the female looked a bit worse for wear and tired- and she smelled of the Keep, a neighbouring, friendly pack.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She hadn't expected to be greeted by a child and as she watched him amble closer and size her up in a way that had her struggling not to laugh she held her tongue though her tail wagged to show she didn't mean any harm to him or his home. Finally he piped up and asked who she was and she began to reply before she was brought up short by his last question. 

A hero?

She paused and blinked, mouth closing as she thought over what to say. A hero she most definitely was not but she wasn't a villain either, she fought for good and even when she fought for selfish reasons it was never for evil. "My name is Minori and...I suppose you can say I could be a hero" she offered the small boy that much just as an adult arrived. It was a female with a child attached to her hip and she recognised the protective way she guarded the both of them. Her eyes softened and her heart ached sharply, for she wanted her own son by her side as soon as possible. To show she wasn't here for problems she took a small step back, offering the woman a polite smile "My name is Minori, I've been searching everywhere for my son Deku. I caught his scent here" she paused and a wave of guilt made her glance at her paws, lips trembling as she fought back the shame of a mother who lost her kid. "I had my family leave a pack nearby due to some internal issues and realised he wasn't there. I appreciate you all seeming to have taken him in and if there is anything I can do, I will" she gave a brief explanation as to what happened, praying she wouldn't find judgement here for she was more than ready to break down.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
What do you mean - could be a hero? You either were or weren't. This was on tip of Elfie's tongue, when Niamh came on the stage and stole the spotlight. He shot her a "I was handling everything nicely, thank you very much"-look and stepped back. The little teenager could think all he wanted, but he still had to respect adults. And, frankly speaking, he felt a lot more respect to Niamh all because he did not know her that well and therefore had no idea, which buttons to push and what her reactions could be. 

He retreated in the background and took a seat right next to Bronco to watch the adults exchange information and deal with stuff. Deku did ring a bell - he was the soot-coloured little tramp that Wraen had brought home and who had stolen his mentor's 100% attention from him. He had let her known his discontent in the matter, but she had retorted that there was enough place in her heart for all friends. Whatever that meant. And he cheered up visibily, realizing that soon this abominable distraction would be gone and he would have Wraen all to himself again.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
The look she got from Elfie didn't go unnoticed- but she simply met his glower with a cool, but chillingly steady gaze as though to assure him that she noticed his sourness- but knew he was absolutely zero threat to her and that he better watch his place. She wouldn't school him now, in front of their visitor, simply because it wouldn't bode well for her to turn her back on a stranger simply to discipline a teenager. Besides- he'd moved back alongside Bronco, who was pleased to have the company. Her own little brute sniggered softly and bumped his shoulder against Elfie's, before turning his gaze to Minori, who asked about her lost son. 

Niamh's ears flicked forward, and she nodded. She was relieved- she didn't mind that Wraen had taken in a lost child, but they had enough kids to worry about in the pack without having someone else's child to take care of. "He's here, safe and sound," was her first reply, to ease the strained mother's worry. "One of our members found him and brought him here to take care of him." She gestured for Minori to follow her. Given the fact that she'd named the young lad, she figured she may as well trust that she was telling the truth- and if she wasn't, they'd find out as soon as they saw whatever Deku's reaction would be upon seeing her. "Do you have a pack to go to, now?" She asked. She wasn't quite sure she understood what had gone on in Minori's life- but from what she could gather, she'd left a pack, which meant she might potentially be in need of a new home.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Permission has been given to skip and PP Deku

The boy didn't answer and so she assumed he hadn't liked what she said but she gave him no more mind, the woman stated her son was here safe and that someone had found him and cared for him. Her gaze warmed slightly toward the woman and she opened her maw to speak when a lanky white and black bullet of fur shot from the bushes and ran right to her, burying his nose into her fur and apologising profusely for wandering and getting lost. She closed her eyes and nuzzled him, kissing his head and nearly crying with relief before she took a step back and checked him over. He looked well and she glanced up at the stranger with watery eyes "We have a group big enough to survive for now. Thank you...is there any way I can repay you? Hunting?" she offered her voice trembling with the effort to suck her tears back down. Deku turned to look at the woman and frowned asking if they could stay and she shook her head "No sweet boy. We have to go elsewhere" she said softly, she would explain the events when they were alone.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
Yeah, you can help. Take that squirrel of yours away and never return. Was Elfie's mental answer to Minori's inquiry. He was getting bored and wanted some action. Bronco's ears were deliciously within reach and having a rough and tumble game with his younger cousin would be a welcome distraction in this moment, where so little action took place.

On the other hand he somehow felt that this was neither the time, nor the place to do so. Though he hated to admit this, Niamh's authority was palpable and he had a bad feeling that until he had been given a verbal command to go and do as he pleased, he should remain next to Bronco and at least try to appear respectable.

So he did. With effort. 

Last one from me. You can skip Elfie from now on.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
It seemed that Minori had some kind of group that she belonged with- not a pack per say, or otherwise she might've disclosed such information- but likely some kind of entourage that would settle down by the Winter. Once the child was collected and reunited with his mother- a fairly touching reunion that brought a trace of a smile even to Niamh's thin lips- she considered the entire meeting more or less done, and was prepared to simply turn Minori away then, though she had made an offer of service. 

"Nothing right now; the boy was no trouble." She said, though there was a slight strain in her voice that indicated that this was simply a polite thing to say, and not necessarily the truth. He'd been another mouth to feed, another child to require assistance and babysitting. "Come Winter any favours you feel you should return would be appreciated though," She added, but not without a slight smile. She of course didn't want to completely demand that Minori pay them back- but she would definitely take a kill offered in the Winter should Minori decide to offer one. "Safe travels to you both, though," She said, hoping to politely excuse the both of them so she could continue on her border patrol.