Lost Creek Hollow no grave can hold my body down
3 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
AW but tagging @Terance and @Arbiter
Summer lingered in the air though the days grew chillier with each passing night. The griffin soldier knew that soon would be the time to settle, and so when his nose flared with the captured scents of a small group of wolves, he hesitated in step, silver gaze gleaming as it took in the serene valley setting.

There would be no rhyme or reason to stopping in this particular destination, but the rugged wolf knew his time before the winter days came were running away from him—and it would be easier to solidify a place among ranks now, rather than within the damnable winter days.

Tracing forward, his features impassive, the large wolf elicited a light rumble from his chest, debating on calling out for an audience or to simply wait for one to find him—the various cultures he had witnessed all seemingly different in their views of word er etiquette.

And so the pale shadow chose to wait. If anything, he would see their worth of border patrol and timing to find him.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Arbiter was alone on this patrol, if it could be called that.  It was a multi-purpose trip, which was her path earlier in the day had been jagged and unpredictable to the naked eye.  She'd been looking for deer for the pups to practice on -- not full hunting yet, but enough of the process to allow them to experiment and probably bug the snot out of their prey.  She wanted a small enough group that if they decided to go elsewhere due to the puppy games, they wouldn't be at too much of a loss.  Finding the perfect herd would be an ongoing project.

Still, she kept searching.  At least until she found something else to pull her attention from the task at hand.  An unfamiliar wolf scent drifted by, and she was close enough to the borders that she had to investigate so it was an easy decision to change her path to intercept.  Even if he wasn't really moving when she got there, so not much of an interception.  Perhaps it was a good thing that Arbiter's children were getting bigger, because a few months ago her appearance on the border would have come with more of a threat.  Instead, she was her dominant and analytical self that she always was at the borders, scrutinizing the waiting man.  Can I help you?
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
3 Posts
Ooc —
His tail hung lowly, giving san idle sway as he was greeted by a robust she-wolf. His eyes, stoical, surveyed her quickly before drifting to stare at her paws, his muzzle swinging lower as the bear made to show respect and allow himself to appear smaller. “My name is Kentoc,” he rumbled in return, his eyes tracing from her paws to the haven she guarded. It seemed as if it could be a decent home—resource-wise, anyway. “I’m looking for a pack to join.”
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Nice and to the point.  And not too scrambled on his end either.  Good.  She could easily return her words in kind.  I'm Arbiter.  This is Lost Creek Hollow.  My mate, Terance, and I lead here.

Assuming Kentoc didn't suddenly start giving off some crazy serial killer vibes or something, this would probably be an easy meeting.  Let's be real, right now Arbiter couldn't afford to be too picky.  If they wanted to survive, they had to take some risks, and hopefully they would be low risk ones.  I assume from the fact you're not a pile of bones that you've got all the basic skills that a pack would desire in its members?  Do you excel at any in particular?  She tipped her head slightly.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
3 Posts
Ooc —
He could appreciate that the woman before him too seemed eager to get to the point. The silver bear gave an idle wave of his tail, his muzzle lowering still as he maintained his submission to her rank and law. “I excel at battle and hunting, though I wish to brush up on the tactical side of both,” he offered, feeling the need to express that while he had experience, he was hoping to learn more. To grow more.

To find a pack he could grow with.

“I’m willing to explore other skills as required, if I feel I can live up to your expectation of them.”
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
She nodded, waving her tail once or twice.  These were the sorts she understood, and so she motioned that he could cross the border into the pack.  Then you will be in good company.  I think you'll find there isn't a shortage of hunting companions or sparring partners here.  She continued to muse, And my children are to an age where their lessons on those subjects are useful as well, but don't feel obligated to teach.  If someone wasn't into it, she'd rather they just.. Not.  Her bull-headed children weren't exactly the easiest students at times.

They were kind of missing the more intellectual, non-fighty sorts.  The pack seemed to have especially bad luck with keeping healers around, but at least they were close enough to Easthollow that they could pool resources as necessary.  Theoretically.  Unless their healers ran off too.  Beyond that?  Probably not too important.  Hunting and defending their territory guaranteed their continued existence.  Beyond that was extra.