Whitefish River let the only sound be the overflow
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Joining 
her calls rasps and breaks as she calls for @Ira and @Evergreen, and the dull taste of metal fills her maw. the scents along the border are foreign, now and again a dim spark of recognition, but nothing enough to warrant her moving on. 

already, she's working to lock away the faces, the memories, the horror of the past week. grieving is an old habit to fall into, now, and one she knows she can not allow herself to fall into again. she knows something has shifted, broken and changed, and does not think she can or wants to regain the person she was before all this.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
A hoarse call echoed through their territory. It was enough to warrant the constable's urgency. Things had been calm for a while so it as almost jarring to hear a call for her at the borders. When she arrived she was surprised to actually recognize the wolf calling. It felt like ages ago, but she would not forget the female's help when they found Evergreen's battered body.

Ira stood silently as she racked her mind for the silver woman's name. Dawn? They had barely exchanged formalities that day, but there were more pressing issues then. What brings you to the borders of Kaistleoki?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the sound of her name on a stranger's lips has her blink, but she's too tired to display any shock besides that. and despite the distaste of it, she reaches into the murky pond that is her memory and draws out a name. it is a long moment in coming, but - "Ira." a dead woman, a hunting partner. blood and grief. she's done a fantastic job of picking a pack she has no connections too, but considering how long she's been in the wilds, she must have known that would be impossible. 

"I want to join you." she offers, voice hoarse. it grates against the back of her throat, burns, but is necessary.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Join her? She had thought the woman was loyal to Lost Creek, but that was also a long time ago. Did she know her and Evergreen resided here? Join Kaistleoki? Do you know of us? She had spent some time traveling with Evergreen to spread the word of their pack's formation, but they did not think they would be that known yet. You are not blindly joining the first pack you see are you?
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Ira seems confused, or at least, somewhat suspicious of her here. it is valid, she supposes, and it is only when she hears the pack's name that she associates them with the silver on the mountain. she nods her head - she does, it turns out, though is not the reason she came here. 

at her second question, the huntress rasps a "no." in truth, Ira is not far off the mark - this is the first pack that suits her, but she is not blind in her selection. "there is nothing left for me over the mountains." 
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The constable hummed as she assessed the woman. She was being rather straightforward, most seemed to have some long story when they stumbled to their borders. Then again, Ira was a woman of few words too. So I see. 

She did not need to know why Dawn picked them, just that she would work for her place in the pack I'll have you know we are not structured like a normal pack. You will be expected to provide of course, but our ranks are primarily trade based.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the words were simple, and a brief flare of relief uncurled within the woman's chest. and just as easily, they moved on from the topic, and the huntress dipped her muzzle in understanding. "I am a master ambassador and a tracker. I will serve Kaistleoki in whichever form you need." she longed for it, really - some duty to dedicate herself to, ever since her family had been torn away and left a gaping hole.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
A master ambassador and a tracker, how perfect. Truth be told there were quite a bit of wolves in the pack who sought scout trades, but none yet who specialized in any sort of hunting. A hunter? We have few specializing that trade. They were still in need of someone to fill the role of master of the hunt too. Perhaps if Dawn planned on staying for the long run she would have some interest.

There is potential for you if you intend to stay. This is not just a quick refuge, is it?
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
her ears flick in response to Ira's words, and though dim amid all the grief, there is some gladness that she might be needed, here. useful. 

her next question has the woman pause a moment. "I fully intend on staying. this is - a new start." not fresh, not clean. simply new - one where she acknowledged the curse her father had spoken of, her selfishness, and erected barriers between herself and the rest of the world. where she committed herself to the pack, and little more. "thank you, Ira." the woman's offered her more than she knows.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Dawn confirmed that she planned on staying. A new start as she said, perhaps she really did pick the right pack. Lucky for you we were founded on new beginnings. She gestured over her shoulder for the woman to follow her. I'll show you around and explain in-depth as we walk. Welcome to Kaistleoki.
short last post the showing around can be off screen ;)