Whitebark Stream That's the moral of the story
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg
All Welcome 

tags for reference

He honestly couldn’t believe his luck. The man had traversed countries and territories in great length, although not a trained scout like his brother and sister, Sadiq was usually very good with his direction. Although having fallen of a slight cliff he had been all turned around. He didn’t recognize anything he saw, and instantly knew he had taken a wrong turn somewhere along the way.

With a heavy sigh, the man turned a 180 and headed back the way he had come. The arctic brute had a severe limp favouring his left leg. The wound was already better than it had been the first few nights he had spent alone and injured. Now he only wished to be on the track back home. While he doubted anyone was worried for him, Sadiq new he would have some explaining to do when he got back. Especially to @Takiyok.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Tag also for reference!

Arlette had taken the advice of her little brother. Make friends. It was easier said than done really. Arlette wondered if there was anyone of her age in the Rising Sun area. She talked about it with her mother since Arlette never really left her home. She had been exploring the region she was in, surely but she never went further than than the mountains, not even towards the mountains. Once they got to close she would usually return home. She was glad for her mother encouraging her to travel and try and make new friends.

There had been so much information. How to navigate and how to protect herself while out on the road. Her mother had advised her to bring someone but Arlette didn't want to be a bother to anyone. She had decided to visit @Ira at her new pack. Her mother had given her directions. Go past the creek wolves, over the mountain, but it seemed she had taking the wrong direction since after three days of traveling spot the lake and follow the river. It seemed simple enough but somehow along the way she chose to go down the wrong side of the mountain. She was worried when she didn't spot this massive lake. Still, she continued on instead of going back to the scary mountains.

What the girl didn't know was that she was heading in the complete opposite direction of Kaistleoki. When she spotted the lake by the glacier she grew excited, in her excitement, she traveled further west instead of east. This had to be the way! Still, the lake didn't seem that big to her. After three days of traveling the young and innocent girl hadn't seen that many wolves yet so when she followed the river until she spotted an individual. A possible new friend! The girl grew excited and trotted forward, though as she got closer she realized that this wolf had a limp in his step. Her red eyes curiously took him in, she froze in her steps as she realized that this male was far larger than her. She had always been tiny and never grew of it. The girl looked unsure for a moment about approaching. Then she spotted the wound on the male. Her ears flopped back in a cute manner. "Do you need help?"
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg

His pace slowed to a stop when he felt the eyes land upon him, swiftly followed by her scent. Sadiq didn’t find the occurrence anything spectacular, having expected to pass by the other canid without so much as a word. He had travelled plenty in his life time and this was generally the custom, no matter what tongue you chose to speak. However this youngster just had to stir the pot.

Had he been one to show emotion, Sadiq surely would have rolled his eyes. However, he caught the slight hesitation, noticing with the curious twitch of an ear. They matched in shade, her clean white pelt the exact same as his. Although that seemed to be the end of their similarity, her eyes shone red and she was tiny. Simply raising a brow when she did complete her action.

Had it been three or four months earlier Sadiq might have had a hard time following what she said, however after practicing with his family and packmates Sadiq was quickly becoming fluent. “Umm, no I got it. Thanks.” He added a nod, expecting to simply move on.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette stayed where she was but the large man seemed civilized. She was reminded of Greyback with his large figure. Though Greyback had far more expressions than this male. Her help was brushed off. Arlette frowned, thinking it was thoughtful of her to help a stranger, kind even. Her red eyes scanned over the male. "There is no shame in accepting help," she returned, perhaps the man wanted to show that he was strong? 'If not the case, perhaps you can help me," she offered softly.

"Do you know the Kastleoki Pack? I am traveling to them and I was wondering if I am in the right direction?," she asked him. Perhaps he knew of the pack and could help her. If not then she might be officially lost. Her ears perking up and her body language hopeful as she asked.
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg

He scowled at her statement, but kept his mouth shut. Although there could be dire circumstances if she trusts everyone she meets. Or perhaps she was just lucky and would never encounter the darker souls of some wandering wolves. He gave a mental shrug, before thinking over all the packs he knew off, which was a pretty slim list what asked about these parts.

“Umm, sorry. I don’t know them." Swallowing his pride a little he took a cautious look around, he had seen discovered some fresh scent markers in the area, to new to be an established pack but someone was trying to claim this land. Slowly he nodded his head having come to a decision on something. “I’m Sadiq.” She seemed nice enough, and while he didn’t trust anyone outside of his family and packmates, perhaps they could help each other.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette showed a quick pout in response to his answer. It was mostly because if herself and her lack of navigating. "Oh. Then I might have traveled in the wrong direction. I haven't met any wolves for awhile. They are located in the flatlands," she admitted. She realized she kind of craved for company, to talk to someone. "Hi! Nice to meet you," she grinned and dared a step closer. The female tried to get a better look at his wound for a moment when she realized...

"Oh! I'm Arlette," she smiled. "I live in Easthollow. It is in the valley, by the stone circle," she explained. She smelled him. "Are you in a pack?," she asked curiously. Her tail wagging lowly on her hocks. He really reminded her of Greyback due to his size. She felt really small compared to him.
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg

The flatlands? His ears quirked, and Sadiq tilted his head thinking, caught up in thought he missed her stare. He knew where those were, but she had obviously wandered far of course if that was where she was going.

“Arlette.” He greeted with the dip of his head, “I am in a pack we call ourselves Diaspora, we live in the mountains bordering the valley. I can tell you that the flatlands are on the other side of our mountain range.” Clearing his throat, he gave her an apologetic look, “Do you know your way home from here?” If he could just find a land mark that looked familiar, and Sadiq could figure out where he was, he could properly direct this girl to the flatlands. But until then, it looked like they were both lost.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette dipped her head when the other spoke her name correctly. It seemed that this male wasn't a bad guy, perhaps not as social as she was. Arlette didn't mind, she could even have a good friendship with a mute wolf. Her ears perked up when he spoke of that pack name. "Oh I've heard of it," she spoke with a grin. "But I've never been there of course."

Arlette nodded seriously. "I see," she sighed. She looked around and then shook her head. "I don't really," she admitted but then glanced over him. "But, perhaps, if you want the company, I can just travel with you towards the mountains until I recognize the area again. I know how the mountains look from my home," she assured him. "Or I can just travel to the mountains and go to the flatlands from there."
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg

He didn’t mind the idea of her travelling with him, there was always safety in numbers and her childlike demeanor helped ease his distrust. Besides he was thoroughly lost and he had a better time of finding his way home if he had a Wild’s native with him.

“Sure, I could use the company I suppose.” With his injury the way it was, he didn’t want to encounter any unsavory canines alone. “I think the mountains are this way.” Flicking his head in the direction he had been heading when she had stopped him. Sadiq waited to see if she would agree or not, trusting her direction better than his own.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette slowly nodded when he pointed in the direction he thought they needed to go. "It is the direction I came from so that would make sense as I came down the mountain," she nodded and looked at him curiously. She wondered if he could even travel that far with that leg. "Is your leg okay? What happened?," she asked, curious about this male and what happened to him.

Her red eyes kept glancing at him. She never really met a stranger before so she was keen on getting to know him. Her tail was continuously wagging, she was just happy to have such an exciting adventure.