Arrow Lake Dream a dream, and what you see will be.
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
All Welcome 

The days ticked by, excruciatingly slow, and Nyx' urge to disperse continued to ache in her bones. She didn't want to go, not really, but there was nothing to ground her to Diaspora now that its General had fallen. More than anything, the tawny Ostrega had looked to the pack to provide a sense of stability that she'd lacked this past year - how could she find that, now that its future seemed so uncertain?

She found herself seeking the proximity of others, eager to integrate in search of a reason to stay, and meandered across rugged terrain toward her deceased Alpha's graveside. It'd been a source of comfort for Stigmata's family, she hoped, and yellow eyes lifted upon her approach in search of any mourners who'd dropped by to visit.

you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
disbelief still crowned ingram’s thoughts; their leader, father, kill-brother dead. he sat at the melancholy rise that marked the basilisks grave, eyes lifting only as he heard the approach of another.

the gilded vixen; ingram’s features shifted, the expression indiscernible. nyx brought to the forefront a tidal wave of memories that were not memories, stories that were foggy and forgotten. the more he focused on them, the more distant they became — it occurred to him perhaps he had known her, but he failed to even conjure a single memory of the she-wolf. would you like me to leave? ingram spoke suddenly, his voice gravelly and hiding none of the vulnerable sorrow he felt. he assumed she had come here to pay her respects, and he did not wish to intrude.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
As expected, another was already present. Nyx' ears cupped forward as she stopped, rose her head to better look upon the dorsal of a rugged ebony male. It took a moment to recall him from the day she'd been accepted as a newcomer to the pack, remember that there was something oddly familiar about the contours of his face.

She blinked, awkward, feeling guilty for staring as he turned his crown to look upon her. The tawny Ostrega looked away as their eyes met briefly. "No," she said simply, appreciative of his consideration for her yet finding the suggestion ridiculous. She had never been Stigmata's friend, and doubted she would've ever come close. "Just thought I'd drop by, see if anyone needed someone to... I dunno. Talk to?"
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram decided to put those elusive fragments of his memory aside. whie nyx was somehow inexplicably drawing these thoughts to the forefront of his mind, they were tenuous at best, and grappling for them was like trying to hold smoke between his teeth.

his brow quirked as nyx revealed she was here for another reason -- support, it seemed. ingram mourned stigmata's loss, but he had not been very close with the basilisk. he felt most for those stigmata left behind; his children, takiyok, ketzia, and mahler.

"i was not close with him, but he gave me a home." gratitude effused his voice, and ingram suspected nyx might feel the same way. "he gave my mate and daughter a home, too."
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
She listened. That's all she did, as yellow eyes lingered on the mound of earth before them. It was hard to imagine that such a wolf could be reduced to this: rotting beneath the ground's surface, never to breathe again. Her mind wandered for a moment and she wondered if Caiaphas or Lycaon had buried the broken bodies of her murdered offspring. She wondered if her surviving son visited these graves, if he knew of his mother's most terrible crime against his siblings.

Blinking back to reality, Nyx shifted just enough  to look upon the dark male, and he dared to step a little closer. She studied him, silently allowing her gaze to trail the contours of his features. "Hm,," she murmured in response, her attention trailing elsewhere as her raven companion mentioned something about a mate and daughter, but something else had so swiftly claimed her attention.

"I know your face," Nyx announced in a hushed tone that was probably a little creepy, and she cupped her sable ears forward when the ppenny finally dropped. "Ingram!?"