Greatwater Lake infrared [✧]
135 Posts
Ooc — thalie
All Welcome 
stepping out from blackfeather's borders feels like a breath of fresh air. this lasts for about five minutes until she starts to feel guilty, each and every time, and she ultimately returns to the wood within a half hour. it shouldn't feel this way, she attempts to reason with herself, not when the others are so happy beneath the shadowy canopy. and she is, to an extent - the mire is great for finding frogs, the rodents and crows perfect for hunting practise, and the wood full of mysteries to uncover. 

but there's something spectacular about the wide open, the sun glinting off the great lake that seems to go on forever, the lilting songbirds that don't seem to occupy the canopy at blackfeather. and so she allows herself this chance to slip away, and twilight finds her at the lake's edge, hunting for frogs in the dimming light.
11 Posts
Ooc —
A ghost floated to the edge of the lake.  He'd come from the creek and carried the marks of travel, his paws dyed a mud brown, his fur carrying the scents of distant lands not too long forgotten but slowly fading from memory.  He'd gone at a good clip, so the lake was a welcome stopping point for the day.  It consumed his focus and pulled him to the shore where he dipped his head for a drink.

Finished, he looked up, licked the water from his lips, and began to survey his momentary home.  That was when he seemed to notice the youth a fair distance away -- well beyond a quiet word's reach.  A forward-swivel of his ears and an inquisitive look were his greeting, assuming she noticed.  But he was a large white fog cloud against a darkening world, so he was likely hard to miss.
135 Posts
Ooc — thalie
the stranger does not go unnoticed for long, and moonshine's first reaction is a plummeting of her gut, believing it to be Maegi. surely the leader would be disappointed in her! she moves a little nearer with her tail held low, the type of appeasement a pup would offer a leader, until she's close enough to see how wrong she is and her mouth opens in a soft "o". 

"hi." forces its way from her lips, perhaps a few notes too high, and her tail wags uncertainly, at one embarrassed and put on the spot, but a little bit intrigued.
11 Posts
Ooc —
Her actions seemed to pique his interest further, but he took only a couple of steps before stopping, apparently uninterested in encroaching on her space.  He would let her make those choices.  Then her attitude changed and his own expression was dyed lightly with amusement and a faint bit of wistfulness at something left behind.  

His tail wagged lightly and he dipped his head, so very polite.  Hello.  I am not the wolf you were expecting then?  I did not go too close to your home?  He asked the second question with some concern, but not enough to suggest anything other than he was sure he hadn't.
135 Posts
Ooc — thalie
his face is painted only with mild amusement and friendliness, and she's put somewhat to ease. "I thought you were Maegi - my leader." she admits ruefully, and then, "my pack's over there." she motions to the dark blot on the horizon, then back to him.

"I'm moonshine. who're you?" she struck with bravery, suddenly, and straightens as she regards him.
uh oh -- this character is harbouring the rabies virus and is contagious!
11 Posts
Ooc —
He followed her gaze to the distant forest, then looked back to Moonshine herself.  Ah!  Then is this Maegi a very -- uh -- scary person, then?  The way he said it sounded a bit like a joke.  In fact, most that he said seemed to be in the same tone that suggested he didn't quite take the world around him seriously.  Because I will certainly stay away from there if so.  A cheeky smile before he continued.

At her introduction, he bowed his head, It is good to meet you, miss Moonshine.  You can call me Vin.  When he looked up again, he quickly swept a glance around the horizon before going back to her, Do you wander much?  I am new to these lands.  Are there sights I should see?  Then a cant of his head, she was the expert here, he was not.
135 Posts
Ooc — thalie
so sorry for the wait!
"not really. she looks a little scary, but she's nice." she thinks a moment, and in the interest of ensuring he's properly informed, adds, "venamis is the scary one. and the sisters." they're smaller than the man, surely, and children, but she doesn't think to mention that.

"I don't think I'm supposed to, but I like getting out." she answers honestly, brightening when he asks for her advice. surely he must take her for a great scout, and she is, isn't she! she's seen lots (within a very small radius of the woods, that is) and so answers with a slight upward turn to her muzzle. "the mountains are really cool! there's this river - otter creek, or something, and if you follow it up, you can see awesome waterfalls!" her enchantment with the mountains is obvious, and she adds, "if you go high enough, you can see everything." 
11 Posts
Ooc —
He took her warning with the same cheer as before.  Ahh.  I shall keep an eye out for this Venamis and friends then.  There were many out there he'd yet to meet and perhaps some out there he was best not crossing paths with.  Vidocq was the kind of guy that would take warnings as they were given and see what trouble ended up gravitating towards him in the end.

So she was a mischievous one!  He grinned then nodded knowingly, There is no stopping a keen explorer.  I will not be telling on you, fear not.  He then gained a thoughtful sort of look.  I think I saw some of that creek.  I traveled along it... I believe I saw some of those otters, but I must have missed the waterfalls, there were none where I walked.  Vidocq looked upwards, to the side, to the mountains.  Perhaps when I finish walking along this way I shall go back along the mountains, I shall see it all, including the waterfalls.  And once his wistful stare was done, he looked back to her.
135 Posts
Ooc — thalie
they talk a while longer; moonshine feeling a certain amount of pride in her apparent helpfulness. when her guilt at being out alone grows too pressing, however, she makes her goodbyes and turns back the way she'd come, making haste to slip back beneath the shadowed canopy before her absence might be noticed.