Cedar Sweep These Weary Bones
10 Posts
Ooc — Korine
All Welcome 
Sera had been walking for some time now without much of a break. Images of her past flooded her mind motivating her to keep moving and ignore what her body craved. Her limbs burned, her mouth was dry, and her eyelids were heavy. Everything in her was yelling for her to stop and at the very least end the thirst. It felt as though if she ever stopped moving they would find her. That was the last she wanted.

The sun was very low as the already dimmed area became darker. The thought of stopping to find a place to sleep for the night did cross her mind but her stubbornness refused. Sera kept walking despite her level of fatigue until the sound of water found her ears. Altering her course only slightly, she made her way to it. At least she could wet her tongue and perhaps that would wake her up a little. Exhausted cerulean eyes fell upon the water's edge and once she finished closing the gap she lowered her muzzle to start drinking. Sleep sounded like a great idea right now...But where?
"I can't see in the stormy weather
I can't seem to keep it all together
I can't swim the ocean like this forever
And I can't breathe..."
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
His limbs ached for some sort of excercise, his body told him it had enough of lounging around all day. It was time to get back to it, albeit at night, though that didn't much matter to the male. He stood, extending his front legs forward and dipping down. Stretching those leg muscles and popping his back in the process. He let out a sigh, feeling the relaxation reform back into his stiff muscles. After a quiet yawn, he trotted off, out the only entrance of his packs territory and into Ceeder Sweep. 

He wanted to do a scan of thw woods, check game trail, local wildlife and see who was skulking around. Not only would his jaunt help the and himself, it would also relieve the strain of Towhee on his mind. He was still bothered some by her rejection but he was doing better, he kept his mothers words close to heart and did his best no to let it affect their future friendship. He was thankful for his rationality during that moment, he dreaded becoming one of those wolves that freaked out once rejected. Rye shuttered at the thought, and cleared his mind, focusing back on the mission.

After a few stops for following game trails, Ryes' mouth begged for a drink of water. Rye was still on a trail and wasn't ready to abandon it yet but as he thought about it more he knew the water would no doubt be cool and certainly refreshing. That was all it took to pull the male away from tracking game and onto hunting for water. Rye picked up his pace, headed towards the river, he could hesr it not long after his journey started. However, then, he saw it. A female in the distance, quenching her thirst as well. Rye stared for a moment, questioning if he had seen her before. No, never. 

To Rye, she was uncomfortably close to the pack borders. Dominance wasn't a primary trait of the males but it was at that moment. He decided to warn her, not threaten but warn of the pack that resided within the neighboring forest. He began walking towards her, and in an effort to not frighten her he cleared his throat rather loudly. Hoping to gain her attention before speaking, "Forgive me if I'm wrong but you seem to be new around here." He opened with a neutral tone, he saw no use in immediate, aggressive behavior. Even if he didn't like her distance from his pack.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
10 Posts
Ooc — Korine
Thanks for joining me! <3
Perhaps it was due to her extreme exhaustion or just the distraction from her own mind but she failed to realize just how close she was to another pack. All she could think about was to satisfy her craving for water and to ignore her level of fatigue. It was taking everything in her not to just sleep where she stood. As she lapped up the water, staring at nothing in particular, it was then when she heard the clearing of someone's throat when she noticed. The scents strongly invading her nose like a rush of water crashing onto her. How did she miss it? Realization flashed in her eyes as she looked up to see a brown figure walking towards her. The water dripped from her jaw as she turned slightly to face him directly.

Sera could already feel her heart pounding in her chest. Was she too close? Was she in trouble? His tone and posture didn't express that but still in her mind she feared. All she could think of was preparing her body for the harsh punishment she would usually receive from her past life. It was a habit that would be too hard for her to forget. The she-wolf took a breath to try to calm herself. Um...No...I mean yes. I'm new around here. She paused for a second trying to figure out what to say. Her ears and body lowered a little due to nervousness and fear. I'm sorry...I'm close to a pack, I know. I...I just now realized it. I must be tired. Tired was an understatement but there was no need to go into detail on that. I can leave...? She decided to stop talking now. Her nerves caused her to ramble on for a bit there.
And I can't breathe..."
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Of course!

His newfound overprotective nature might've done him more harm than good. She was in fact new, and clearly didn't know where she was. Rye began to slip back into his normal self, it progressed further as she spoke and began to be a little submissive. Earning a strong response from Rye, his features softened and he lowered himself to meet her level. Hoping to convey that as far as he was concerned, they were equals unless proven otherwise. So far she seemed gentle and certainly not threatening.

"No, no. You're okay, and although you are not too far from a pack; you aren't running the risk of passing the border unless traveling south. For now you're fine." He softend his voice and gave his best smile for her, wishing to further ease her back into relaxation. He could tell she was tired, perhaps she traveled there from a great distance. Just like he did. That seemed like such a long time ago to Rye. Where did the time go so quickly? Anyways, "Where do you come from? If you don't mind me asking?" He sat his bottom down and prepared himself to listen to a story, or anything else she had in store for him.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
10 Posts
Ooc — Korine
Sera had expected the stranger to attack. Not because of his body language but because of the life she had before she escaped. So, when the male mimicked her stance and his face became gentler it took her by surprise. She didn’t quite know what to think about it. No one had ever done that before her so to see it confused her. Why would he express submissiveness to her? She was a nobody. She was worth nothing as she had always been told countless times.  

Sera thought of relaxing herself, but she couldn’t help but question if it was a trap like those times before? Was she being tricked into dropping her guard down? But as he continued to speak in a calming manner, she couldn’t help but relax a little as she slowly returned to a normal stance. At least now, she knew that she fine so long as she didn’t enter without permission. When it came to his inquiry, however, it was hard not to think about the bad times. So many unpleasant memories were associated with thinking of the past and most of it wasn’t even that long ago. The silver wolf had only tasted freedom just recently.  

She hesitated to answer, only because she was trying not to show any bad expression. It’s...It’s a place called Crowheart Forrest. Um, not sure how far but it took a few days to get to where I am right now. Of course, she semi slept during the nights in uncomfortable spots with one eye open.   
And I can't breathe..."
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
With his successful coaxing, she seemed to relax a little. That was comforting to see and hear. She told of her journey to Teekon and where she came from. Rye couldn't help but notice she was very timid, almost downright scared. Was she being chased? The male wanted to press for answers but understood it was best to wait for her to come forth with her past. For now, he sat his bottom on the mildy wetted dirt below and thought for a moment. He wanted to help but he wasn't sure how. She must've been hungry, a few days journey is tiring and consumes so much energy. That, Rye knew damn well. 

"I see. Well you must be exhausted and hungry. Do you plan to sleep here? When was the last time you ate something?" Rye hoped the bombardment of questions didn't overwhelm the female. He was just trying to decide what to do to help her. He understood how difficult it was to start over, with no allies watching your back.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
10 Posts
Ooc — Korine
Sorry for the delay. I got really sick for a few days and mostly slept in between studying (which I did very little of lol)

Serafina had been ignoring it the entire time. That was until he had brought it up. Hunger. It was a feeling she had grown accustomed to for a while now. Her stomach grumbled while she pondered on her answers. Seeing the male sitting made her want to mimic him but the voice in her head was loud to allow her to relax that much...just yet. Though, yes, she was definitely tired.

I, um. I'm not sure where I was going to sleep just yet. And...I can't remember when I last ate. It was the truth. She had tried to think back but it was taking too long to give him an answer which obviously meant it had been too long ago. I've just been too focused on getting far away. Now that she thought about it, had she finally succeeded?
And I can't breathe..."
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
All good, life comes first

Rye questioned her motive for running, was the seemingly innocent shewolf not so innocent? Suddenly Rye found himself in a place of discomfort, not knowing motivations behind the female. If only he knew she was in a similar situation, he might relax but for now he was back on guard. Rye cleared his throat and spoke softly, "You are running? I apologize if I overstep but from whom? Your previous pack?" Ordinarily he wouldn't ask such things, knowing they were not happy topics for the victim but if he could get a reason it may help put his mind at ease.

"If you do not wish to tell me who, then may I at least know if you're still in danger. As in, did they or it go after you?" He didn't want to pry this much but matters of his pack came first, he doubted they would be of any threat however it was a better safe than sorry world. Rye prayed the female didn't take offense and if she did, he would say no more. Hunting was next on the list, he could at the very least get her something to fill her stomach for the night.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
10 Posts
Ooc — Korine
Serafina had said too much and she didn't know why. The words just fell out of her mouth without care until it was too late to stop herself. It was most likely due to the level of fatigue she was experiencing. Or, perhaps, subconsciously she wanted help. Whatever the case may be, what she had said opened her up to a line of warranted questions. 

N-No, you're okay. Where to start?  My....family... If she could call them that. I ran away from them. They were — are very horrible wolves and they were very controlling over me when I was with them. I was their slave to do whatever they pleased and...they felt nothing when they 'punished' me. By my first birthday, I couldn't take it any longer so I left during the night while everyone was asleep...I'm not entirely sure they are after me but I'm also not entirely sure I'm safe. I do know they will either kill me or worse if I ever see them again... Yes, there were worst things than death. Things that would make anyone long for death easily.

And I can't breathe..."