Blackfeather Woods I think I need help
Moonspear
Villager
531 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
All Welcome 
Anyone tagged can join if they have the time. Not mandatory. @Rowan @Moonshine @Aries @Maegi @Jakoul

She had smelt a coyote by the borders and had managed to chase it off but something felt off and as she walked back to the den the smell of the coyote flooded her nostrils as well as the scent of blood. Falling star was nowhere to be seen and his scent was distinct. Moonshadow ran out of the den and immediately started to panic and she howled for her remaining pups. “Star!” She calles out frantically hoping that he was near. She let out a distressing howl for the few people that came to mind.
THIS WHOLE WORLD IS ENDING, A NEW ONE BEGINS
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
She should not have strayed so far from Blackfeather that day.

The scent had consumed her, hackles reaching for the trees while eyes hectically scanned the land. Where was it? What had happened? She did not recognize any scent at first. Nona was not injured, Tundra was not, nor was Amun. There were other faces that slid through her frantic mind.

Then there was a call. Distressed and anxiety inducing.

Guilt.

It was all she could feel, it ripped her from the inside out (What could she have done? How had she not guarded these woods well enough?) and her paws hit the earth like boulders. She felt so heavy in this moment despite her quick pace. No speed felt fast enough with such alarm swimming through the forest. There was obvious panic written on her face, if the fluffed appearance of hers was not enough to warn of it.

Speak.

She could not, so she hoped the mother would.
Moonspear
Villager
531 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She was busy sniffing the lands for a sent hoping to catch any sort of direction when Jakoul came running. Moonshadow let out a small whine. “I chased a coyote from the border and I think she may have circled back and took Falling Star. I can’t find him anywhere. There’s blood but i don’t know who’s.” She frantically tried to give as much information that she could and she felt like her heart was about to shatter. “I can’t pick up his scent.”
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Rowan was bust doing his own games with his blackbirds when the distressed call came. Mother. 
He instantly took off as fast as he could, racing through the forest to get to her. Was she in danger?
He pushed himself harder, ignoring the burning pain of exhaustion. 

Jakoul was there, his Mother distraught. 
Blood. 
Took falling star.

The world seemed to spin and weave. His brother. 

Rowan caught his breath, pulling it in then started searching. His nose lowered and softly inhaled near the ground, taking in the scents. 
There, a spot. A small clump of fluff, it didn’t smell like his brother. He whined, distressed, and kept moving, trying to find a trail. Something to follow. 
His brother couldn’t go missing. 
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
The howl sent a bolt of terror through her, urgent and frightened as it was. She dropped the clump of aromatic greenery she carried in her mouth, heedless of where it scattered, and stumbled down the path, headed toward the call. Maegi found Moonshadow, Jakoul, and Rowan at the other end, sniffing, sniffing, panic in their faces. She caught bits and pieces of the conversation—

Coyote — Falling Star — Blood —

Her throat was tight as she spoke. We'll find him, she said automatically, forgetting that she couldn't promise anything — they all left, they all diedI'll try and track down the coyote. Is Moonshine here; is she safe? Is—

Gods, where were her own children? Anansi, Sakhmet. . .Sobek, fuck, she hadn't seen Sobek in some time. . .

Sobek took over her brain suddenly, callously, and Falling Star was all but forgotten in her sudden hysteria. Has anyone seen my children? My babies? Did you pick up their scent? Sobek? she asked frantically, selfishness taking over.
THIS WHOLE WORLD IS ENDING, A NEW ONE BEGINS
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
Little by little the scene grew with faces. The Merei's son and eventually the Nona. Both seemed quick to help the frantic mother but then came the Nona's hysteria of the state of her own children. Mothers all around here and she could not drop an ounce of empathy. However she could spare plenty of sympathy for the situation. Not one soul (not even the most cruel) should go through the pain of losing such a dear thing as a young one.

Her gaze hardened ever so slightly as she moved into action once more, turning to look upon her fellow leader. Go. She whispered tenderly. Find children. Me...coyote. It was not a demand but an offer. She would rather have the more child-skilled Nona go and care for the brood of the Woods while Jakoul did what she had been promoted to do.

If she was not stopped, she would turn to follow the freshest trail that the vermin had left.