Stone Circle Where your lives exist
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
Clear weather had made for easy travel, not that the distance between the packs was very far.  Perhaps more her issue was making sure that the kids were off in someone else's paws to make sure she wasn't being shadowed.  In her eyes they weren't ready for trips and would probably end up getting in the way here.  Thus, it was a reasonably quick jaunt and she didn't expect that anything would go wrong here.

Here at the borders, she lifted her head and howled specifically for @Valette, but who knew who'd end up showing up here.  It certainly didn't seem like they were hurting for members, she noted with a little bit of irritation that didn't particularly seem out of the ordinary for her usual stern expression.  Some of the scents even seemed a little familiar but names weren't popping to mind -- she was going over what she was going to say, so wasn't thinking too hard about it.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
The matriarch had been giving her pups given her pup more freedom, letting decide to themselves where they would sleep or what they would do during the day. In return, it gave the mother some freedom as well. It gave her more time to do duties that she had been needing to keep up with as gamekeeper, checking the caches and watching the herds. It was what she liked to do the most. That was when the howl came. The female instantly responded since she didn't have to tell her kids to stay put or find a babysitter.

She instantly recognized Treason from the pack that was an alliance to them. She had been planning on visiting as well, but first came the chores that were important for the pack. "Hi Treason," she greeted with a friendly smile as she came to a halt before the other female. "Can I help you with anything?" She hoped that this visit was purely friendly and not something bad had happened.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
And it was Valette herself that showed up here today.  The two really hadn't talked much -- Arbiter had pretty much been just a quiet observer at the time they'd crossed paths, but times changed and now she was forced to be a bit more politically-focused.  How fun.  She dipped her head amiably.  Good day.  Been longer than I thought, apparently -- time flies.  I go by Arbiter now.  Suppose someone should have come over much sooner, as that isn't the only thing that's gone on over at our creek -- hopefully things have been calm here.

Major thing on our end being Rannoch and Liffey took their brood and suddenly up and left to go elsewhere.  Terance and I are leading the ones that remained.  She was rather concise about the matter.  Whether it would ever not be a sore point with her, who knew.  Certainly she didn't understand their logic, and from her perspective their actions were nothing short of betrayal.  But now they were gone and she was doing her best to keep things together.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head in return. There seemed to be a lot of news that they needed to be updated on. Valette had been busy with her children as well to focus too much on their neighbors. "I apologize, Arbiter it is then," she returned. She didn't think the name was feminine but then again Arbiter was that not either. Valette had changed her name as well and appreciated when wolves would go by that name instantly. "That is alright. I have been busy with my own children as well. We should have dropped by as well." Valette let out a soft sigh and then nodded. "A stranger attacked one of our young. She barely survived it. The attacker was a small female with a white body and dark face. She never returned though, we stayed vigilant."

It had been a shock that anyone attacked them, and especially a young pup. Who did such a thing? It seemed they weren't the only one without drama. Valette's brow furred. "What?," it was her first reaction. She had seen Rannoch as a family man, not one to just leave half of the pack. "I would not have expected that of him," she admitted. She could not respect those who would leave without a world. She had seen it too often herself. "If you and Terrance need any support I will do what I can," she returned to the female.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Her expression hardened as she heard that news.  Well, she'd certainly keep a closer eye on her own pups for a bit, whether she realized it consciously or not.  Hm.  I can't say I saw anyone matching that description.  We'll keep an eye out for her, though.   Shall we say that any dangers to her own pups wouldn't exactly get off without a scratch -- she was a warrior through and through.  Time for a bit of a switch, though: Does remind me of a more positive note, though. I believe Ibis stopped by before she headed off on her own adventures.  She had wanted to schedule some sort of playdate between our packs' pups.  Did word of that ever get to you?  She.. Had her doubts, especially since there'd been no word from Easthollow on the matter.

And what else was there to say about Rannoch?  The whole thing had proved to Arbiter that he was a far more disappointing character than she had thought he was.  Certainly, everyone was flawed but this whole mess was far beyond what she considered normal. I can't say I understood it.  They wanted to move closer to family... But why not bring the rest of us? She left the question open, shrugged a shoulder, and continued, I think any pack who suddenly has half their members trot off without forewarning would be in a hard place.  I think we stopped the bleeding... But only time will tell.  She was a proud creature.  If they could just continue on their own way and have things return to normal, that would be best -- especially as wary of attached strings as she now was thanks to the offer Moonspear had presented.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded. "I would advice you do. She did flee to the mountains so perhaps she went in a whole different direction," she sighed to Arbiter. Valette thought about the fact if she met this Ibis that went past. She had heard of someone from Lost Creek had visited. "I think she visited, yes. However, I didn't meet her myself. But I heard that someone visited," she nodded. "I heard about a playdate. I would love that, it would be good for my children," she smiled.

Valette sighed. It was tough when others left especially If they could half of the pack without a word. "I don't understand, aren't you Rannoch's family as well? I don't say I approve," Valette stated with a scowl. "Easthollow will stand behind you, and your pack," she spoke determinedly. "If there is anything you need, let me know,' Valette spoke to Arbiter.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Arbiter looked towards the distant mountains, briefly speculating the trajectory the woman might have gone.  But then back to Valette as she continued speaking.  Apparently not.  If they'd asked, I'm sure the pack would have been glad to move as a whole.  As it is... Shrug.  She wasn't too pleased, but there was nothing that could be changed.  Still, she lowered her head again politely, Thank you.  I hope that we won't have to -- and if the black headed woman returns, let us know.  As a danger to both our packs, I'll lend my skills.  And she wasn't the sort to let dangers exist -- dangers were killed.

However, time to switch subjects.  On to something more positive, For the playdate, though. Is there anything you'd need to be planned more specifically or... Something.  At the time I was concerned that maybe your pups might be too small at the time.. I think they're younger than mine at least? And they weren't exactly the most gentle in play.  Understatement -- extra toothy creatures they were! Regardless, was she even asking the right questions?  This part really wasn't her jam.  It would have been better if Ibis had gone and sorted the whole thing out.  What had she had in mind?  My family just kept to themselves, so...  Another shrug.  It was probably easier to leave it at that rather than explaining old history.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette shook her head. "I will make sure to inform my pack and will not allow Rannoch or his mate close to Easthollow if they ever return," Valette spoke. She had been open to have an alliance with Rannoch but it always felt that it came more form her side than his. She was often met with Terance or someone else from the pack instead of the male himself. "Thank you. We will let you know instantly," Valette spoke. Glad to have some extra manpower.

Valette thought about the question. "Well, my children are around 5 months now, I don't know how old yours are. But I have three, well, two rambunctious boys that would love some rougher play, I think," she spoke. She didn't see Newt liking it very much but he would be happy to go along, at least, that was what his mother thought of him. "We did much of the same after Leta's attack. Perhaps we can meet in the middle of our territories, the open fields?," she suggested. It would be a big open space for them to play at least.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Though of course, gotta figure out how the BWP will effect things. XD  Or how people want to work around it, IDK.

She was glad that Rannoch had burned more bridges than just with his own previous pack.  There was a certain feeling of vindication that came with it, and it mentally gave Easthollow a higher standing in Arbiter's mind.  She doubted Elysium would understand -- they probably would think that for some reason Rannoch deserved sympathy or something.  Yeah, she might be a bit biased against hippies.

Perhaps Arbiter had in the end accidentally delayed the whole mess for no reason.  Would be typical luck, wouldn't it? So similar age to mine after all -- though in my case, the girl and only one of the boys are the ones that would try to run you over.  The other is far more reserved.  Spook was a weird one.  He certainly seemed to take after Terance more in personality, but maybe he just needed the right spark to bloom into a more impressive creature.  Or not.  Who knows.

That may work, I think.  I think they'd appreciate the bit of adventure to get there, too.  When do you think would be best?  Of the packs, Easthollow had more of a reason to wait a bit longer if they wished -- just that little bit of extra time for the pups to get bigger so that they could defend themselves... Then again, maybe it wasn't an issue.  Up to her.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Maybe we can backdate it so in the first week when there were only light tremors?

Valette smiled at the other. "So it will be three against two?," she grinned, just joking really. Valette wouldn't really let pups fight against each other other than play. "Some of mine are also reserved from the start or are interested in other things," she spoke. "Was this your first litter?," Valette asked curiously.

"I think mine would appreciate it as well, the adventure. We have been keeping a pretty close eye on them since the attack," Valette admitted to the other mother. "In a few days? Let's say three? Would that work for you?" The Matriarch hoped that that was enough time for the female. Valette wasn't too concerned by the meeting, but she might take one of the adults with her since she was not sure if she could keep her eyes on all four rascals.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Whoops, didn't realize this had gone that long without my reply!  Given people have gone and started nuking characters/having them run off, might be easier to say it got rescheduled due to earthquake, heh.  If a prey event happens nearby (since I think they're supposed to??) maybe reschedule it to that since they're all getting older and could help with the hunt?

Well, Valette might not, but Arbiter probably would -- or at least well past the limits others might set.  In some aspects, she gave her children a lot of freedom.  The potential chaos amused her -- at the very least it should be fun to watch, shouldn't it?  Mm. Something like that, but then again, they could always end up with three groups. -- There's another child in the pack too.  He's older, but doesn't seem to be much of a troublemaker -- new to the pack, with his father.  As far as she could tell he was pretty harmless at least. But yes, my first.

She tipped her head, thinking about it, I'd think that should be fine.  At least the distance makes it so it'd be easy enough to call if something comes up.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
100% agreed. I think they are howling distance? Sort of? Lol. Anyhow I think they would be able to communicate that things are bad with the tremors and that the meeting has to be rescheduled

Valette nodded at the other female's words. It seemed that they would manage when the meeting would take place. She was certain that West would love others to play with and Leta probably too. She only hoped Clay wouldn't be too aggressive and see them as enemies like he had done with Sunny and his pups. He had lots to learn, really. "Interesting. Well we will meet them all at the meeting then," she nodded to Arbiter.

"I agree. Lets set this meeting and one can always howl if something else comes up," Valette nodded. Then the female smiled. "I really like this idea. I am excited for the pups to meet yours," she hummed.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
I think so!  Shall we wrap this up then?

All in all, it seemed like this was a productive encounter.  She'd have to make sure keeping up with them was more of a regular thing.  It would probably benefit both packs in the long run... Indeed.  It's unfortunate that it's taken this long, but it sounds like things would have made it as inconvenient as possible for our packs.  Hopefully we've seen the worst of it.  But it wasn't.  There was still more of the world being rather obnoxious to them all yet to come.

I think that was the majority of what I came here for at least -- if there was something else I can't recall.  She tilted her head, pondering this, but really, it did seem to be everything.   So I suppose we'll all be seeing you then?  Unless there was something else from Valette's end, at least.  Arbiter would be having fun attempting to figure out how to take the edge off the terrible trio.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
yes!

Valette nodded. "If there is something we are a howl away," she assured her. Valette smiled at Arbiter. "Then I will wish you a good day and safe travels," Valette spoke in return to Arbiter. She was looking forward to their pups meeting.

- end-