Blacktail Deer Plateau PACKTIVITY — Then the quiet explosion
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Quiet exchanges were made between the others who knew one another (and a remark about her color from a few of the pups), but Fox merely watched them. She did, however, realize that she knew two of her subordinates already. The female with silky fur had briefly been a member of the creek, and Finn she had met when he had been a lone wolf. That put her at ease, if only a little, as the others gathered and took their places. Most of those who were present were strangers to her, and she could feel their eyes burning as brightly as the color of her coat.

As Peregrine began to speak, the murmurs died down into a hush as they turned their attention toward him. When she was introduced, Fox gave Perry a grand smile, rubbing her head against him to ensure that he knew how much she appreciated his kind gestures. Osprey echoed his words, and Fox couldn't help but glance to Perry nervously. Is this what children did? Bark out when tension was thick in the air? Aside from Osprey, nobody had said a word. Fox wasn't sure if there was anything to say, but she braced herself despite her self-assurances.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Ty sat quietly as the meeting progressed, though it was only a few moments before her mind wandered to other things. She wondered how her forest friends were doing, and if she would need to call a meeting for them, too. Maybe she could have two special friends and would make both of them leaders with her. Ty wondered if they would like that or not. It wasn't until Osprey shouted out that Tytonidae snapped out of her dream world and back into some sense of reality.

“What’s a law?” she whispered quietly to her father, not quite sure why this meeting had been called. “Is it food?” If there was one thing that could be said about Tytonidae, it was that she had a never-ending appetite. She felt rather confused by the whole thing, and settled back down to either listen to her father's answers or contemplate them on her own.
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye felt overwhelmed by the crowd, the tension she sensed in the air making it hard to breathe. Was it tension stemming from her?

She was pissed. Not only was he taking over her pack, he was giving his new dick treat the position of Beta when she didn't even know the pack. A flood of words she wanted to spurt out pushed against her tongue to be released, but something was different in Hawkeye. She once would have strode right up to Peregrine's face telling him to quit using his red rocket as a compass. The scar-faced woman shifted in her seat.

The red wolf rubbed her head against Peregrine. The pastel orbed wolf squinted her eyes and hissed, her fresh wounds stinging in result of her actions. Her eyes were seeing things correctly, though: the color of the new Beta's pelt was the same as the swath hanging from Ferdie's tree.

A look of realization filled her face for a moment before swiftly disappearing, yet her heart thumped in her chest like there was no tomorrow and cool adrenaline filled her up. Hawkeye scanned the female, hoping that for once there was a flaw in the eyes of a Hawk; but, her further inspection only confirmed things.

Staying calm for now, Hawkeye gave a small sigh. Her composure was as perfect as her eyes.
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lasher watched the gathering swell, and at length peregrine spoke. his words brooked no nonsense, and though the panther was formal in his revelations, the delta noted the expressions upon his face. letting his eyes alight briefly upon fox, to whom he wished the best of all things, lasher's gaze drifted toward the willow. she had taken the news in such stride, though he wondered if that was a mere veil for her deeper thoughts.

lastly, he glanced in hawkeye's direction. taltos did not believe she would be jealous, not after the time that had passed. the emotions that flitted across her scarred face were minute, but tangible to one observant such as he, and he pulled his eyes away from her.

there would be some price to pay for fox's hasty elevation, of that he was certain.
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Kaihra distracted herself from the growing tension by watching the rest of the pack file in. She made note of faces and scents, marking in her mind those more familiar to her than others, and trying to decipher familial relations amongst the ranks. She caught sight of Finley further up the circle and felt her shoulders relax at the familiar face before she continued to move her gaze around the circle from wolf to wolf. Her eyes met Peregrine as he began to speak, and she pricked her ears to listen. She would not miss a word.

She watched with a steady gaze as Peregrine spoke and allowed his words to lodge deeply in her mind. At the mention of Fox, she flicked her gaze to the russet girl and felt her heart and gaze gradually harden against her. So the girl had abandoned her pack to be with Peregrine? Didn't she know the responsibilities that came with being Alpha? What enemies did she bring with her, and what of her pack now? How could he name her Beta and entrust her with the pack's well being when she had abandoned her own? As her suspicions took root, she shifted her thoughts as Peregrine continued. He made motion to a wolf Kaihra assumed to be Lasher, and Kaihra followed his gesture to the wolf he beckoned. Her steady gaze faltered when she saw the dark wolf, but kept her mouth firmly shut. At this revelation she had no words to give, only a brief flash of confusion that she couldn't stop from crossing her face.

The persistent knot in her stomach tightened as Peregrine concluded the meeting, his words promptly stressed by his daughter who seemed to have the making of an alpha herself. Tension hung heavy on the air, but the pack stayed silent. She couldn't tell if they shared her suspicions, or if they knew of circumstances surrounding Fox's arrival that made them accept this girl as their Beta with less questions than she. Peregrine seemed to trust her, and she wondered if Blue did, too. But Kaihra knew how easily trust could be misplaced.

Still she remained as silent as her packmates, the suspicions in her mind a million and the words on her lips none.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
<FONT FACE="High tower text">disposable</div></FONT>.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie

The soon-to-be yearling looked at the precious child with kind eyes. She was such as sweet, yet misunderstood girl. She looks prettier when she smiles, she decided while nuzzling briefly the younger pup.Amelie knew how rough things had been for her when she was even smaller, the teen had even seen the abuses of the other pups (mainly Junior) firsthand. And it was that what made Amelie feel some kind of link to the pale girl, as a kid Amelie had been victim of various types of bullying by her brothers.

" Saēna you're my hero", she whispered to encourage the girl and congratulat her on her brave act. She had brought Osprey back, even after all the bites and scuffles she had put her through. Just then another familiar face settled beside them, Kisu, the girl's true father. Another thing that bounded Amelie and Saēna together is that they were both adopted. Or partially since the pale girl still had a living parent. The teen smiled at the man when he displayed his affection for his daughter, she had never had a father. But seeing how they interacted was a lovely sight.

Suddenly Peregrine's voice demanded their attention so Amelie turned, not before giving a warm smile to both father & daughter. Amelie tuned out the rest of the wolves around her when Peregrine spoke about the female beside him. Curiosity had been gnawing at her insides since she walked into the clearing. She was surprised to see Peregrine speak so fondly of a stranger, though he then clarified that he was his new lover --and Beta. Innevitably Amelie's eyes fell on Hawkeye what was she to make of all of this?

Oh but wait, he was not done.
What came next out of Peregrine's mouth hit the young girl like a bucket of cold water. What? He was with Lasher too? What exactly did that mean? Amelie had never been exposed to homosexuality and really the whole concept was more than she could handle. Her eyes widened as she searched the faces of all those gathered, wanting to see how others would react to these.

Many, her mother included, didn't say a word or seemed disturbed by his confession. Junior even cheered and echoed her father's command. Other however, Kisu for example didn't look to thrilled about it. Amelie didn't know what to make of it, so she just sat there with a deadpan expression filling her face.

271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

Before the fun started, a low whisper entered his ears. The silver male whipped his head around only to found himself staring at a mirror -- no wait it was just his stunt double Finley. He rolled his eyes with mock annoyance and then rested his olive eyes of her face. No wonder she was so pretty, she was his female version after all. "Shushh " he barked with a smile while he dared to nudge her neck with his coal black nose.

Just then Peregrine began to speak, first mentioning something about someone's return. Finn didn't know anything about the ordeal and suffering the little girl clutched on the leader's arms had put the pack through. Then he went on giving some congratulations and regards to some members whose names were new to the male. Aside from Fin, Peregrine (assuming he was the one who accepted him) and of course the lovely Fox, he didn't know anyone in the Plateu.

Finally he got to the good part. Fox. Finn was eager to know what the Creek lady was doing at the Plateu. The explanation the dark coloured male gave them was not enough for the prying mind of the boy, he'd have to chat with Fox later.. He wanted to ask why she had given up being ruler to come to the Plateu.

But soon enough his question was answered. Apparently she had abandoned her throne for Peregrine. Finn raised his brow, she had never mentioned a lover when they had met, she had flirted with him openly and very invitingly. Was that why she had cut their meeting short? Guilt? The boy scoffed as he began to question the loyalty Fox would have towards her lover. If she had been with him when she met Finn, she had basically hid the ring very well.

The revelation of a new Beta and mate to the Alpha male was surprising enough. Finn had thought the meeting was over, and that the biggest bomb had already been dropped.

But oh, he was wrong.
Not only did the Alpha have the redhead at his feet but he also had a male with him. Shock crept onto his back as he glanced to his stunt double in disbelief. He did not know Peregrine swinged that way too. And he certaintly didn't know either that Fox was okay with being part of a bisexual threesome.

Suddenly he felt all attraction he may have had for the fire-born women disappear. He wouldn't judge her, or her... boyfriends, but he was sure he didn't want anything to do with her now.

2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley continued to eye Finn suspiciously, but Peregrine's voice made her bite back the retort she had sitting upon her tongue. She tore her eyes away from his grin reluctantly and looked to her alpha as he said his peace. Junior was back, there would be a hunt for Saēna and Hawkeye, another pack's alpha had left her pack to be Peregrine's mate and beta, and Lasher was also romantically involved with them both.

Alright then.

Fin took most things in stride. Polygamy was nothing she hadn't come across before in her travels, nor was homosexuality. The silver Blackthorn didn't see any problem with someone taking love wherever they could find it. No, the one part she saw a problem with was this new female who had abandoned her pack and risen above them all without even meeting a single one of them. She had never though of Peregrine as being selfish before, but suddenly her opinion of him changed, and he no longer looked like the kind, protective, trustworthy man that he had before.

She felt Finn's eyes on her, and she turned to share the concern upon her face with him. Finley had never been one to seek rank. As long as she was beloved and respected by her packmates, she was comfortable wherever she was in the hierarchy. Her concern was only in the new way she felt about her alpha, and also in what sort of discontent this would bring out in the other Plateau wolves that did care about rank, for already she could feel the tension.

And, let's be honest here. There was another issue that was probably more concerning than any other in the silver woman's eyes. Fox was super hot. And nothing ruffled Finley Blackthorn's feathers more than someone prettier and obviously more desirable than her. She eyed Peregrine, trying to keep the look of betrayal out of her eyes. How could he?

34 Posts
Ooc — Rinachu
Rina watched quietly as the rest of the attendees filled in. Peregrine sat at the front Junior in between his legs. After a few more wolves entered, Peregrine spoke. First of all, I'd like to welcome Junior back, and recognize Hawkeye and Saēna for their part in bringing her home. We will hunt together and feast in your honor Rina smiled. It was before she had joined the plateau that Junior had gone missing and then been found. The girl was brave, that was for sure, fiery as well.

Before we head out to hunt, I have other news as well. I'm glad you're all sitting down, You might have noticed this fiery redhead attached to me lately. Her name is Fox. She was the ruler of Swiftcurrent Creek but came here to be with me. Since we have a very worthy Alpha female already, she's been given our vacant Beta female rank. And she is not my only romantic interest. You all should know that I also consider myself bonded to Lasher.
Rina nodded. Love was love. If they were happy, that's all that mattered. It was obvious not everyone felt as easy about as an undertone of tension filled the air. Rina put it to the side. Today was a day to celebrate.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Shadowposted Kat. Editting.

Osprey wasn't that far from the group and Peregrine spoke loud and clear. When he mentioned Junior, she couldn't contain her curiosity, left her hiding spot, moving quietly to the side and craning her neck to see, who he was talking about. She couldn't see faces, but easily recognized the smaller frames of the young wolves, especially the black one that was sitting right in front of Peregrine. It was a jolt of surprise to realize, how much she had grown during this time - not a little, adorable fluff of fur anymore. Her brother had been right in saying that she would miss out an important phase in their development, but Osprey was an optimist and believed that nothing was lost yet.

Osprey had seen quite a lot in her life, therefore Perry's announcement itself didn't surprise her that much. He was a grown man and free to do, whatever he wished. Yet it seemed odd, that around the time she had left, he had seemed so desperate to save his failing marriage and how fast he had found solace in a new set of lovers. The image of the love-struck boy, who was head over heels in love with his girl, was still vivid in her mind and she couldn't help, but wonder, whatever had happened for that love to fade away so quickly.

No one said a word, the silence was thick with mixed emotions - she had drawn a little nearer and could feel both respect, fear and - not surprising - some resentment too. Osprey couldn't decide, whether she should speak up now or later and, while she was pondering, Peregrine proceeded with the meeting and in the end welcomed everyone for a hunt. With his lovers by his side, he reached the end of the crowd and suddenly she was standing in his path. She took some steps towards him and greeted him. "You waste no time, Peregrine," she said, a teasing grin playing in her lips, "I promise to respect your word, but I might have difficulties of being the fourth best - after all we have been through..."
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Aha, I was shadow-posted by Osprey, so I'm reposting. :)

Aside from his two darker daughters, nobody said a word. Peregrine's gaze swept the audience, scrutinizing faces. Speak up or forever hold your peace, his expression seemed to say. Their lack of reaction was not only unexpected and slightly discomfiting, it was somehow disappointing too. Surely, someone out there had some thoughts about all of this, yet none of them wanted to take this opportunity to speak? The Alpha male thought over his words, wondering if he'd come across too harshly.

"I thank you all for not spitting and throwing stones," he joked a bit wryly after a moment. "It's impossible that none of you have any opinion whatsoever about these developments. If you don't want to mention them now, that's fine. Take some time to process. I will make myself available to anyone who has concerns. Know that I will hear you out as well as explain my decisions, which were not made as hastily as it may seem."

The tension in the air almost made him rethink the hunt, yet even if they did not agree with the Alpha's choices every step of the way, he still wanted to enforce their pack bonds. Besides, his former wife and youngest daughter truly deserved the recognition. They'd put themselves in grave danger and helped Osprey Jr. find her way home. And, of course, he couldn't cancel the event meant to celebrate Junior's proverbial rise from the dead. That would be awful.

"Come," he commanded his subordinates, "let's hunt together." He rose to all fours, scanning his pack mates' faces again. "Those who do not wish to participate directly may help keep the pups company. All will attend so that all can feast." Peregrine took a breath, then smiled broadly and waved his tail, breaking into a trot that carried him through the center of the clearing and the folks gathered there.

As he reached the back of the crowd, a face suddenly popped into view and Peregrine froze in his tracks as his sister's familiar voice filled his ears. "Osprey!" he practically bellowed, throwing himself forward to lick her face and sling his arms around her neck. He laughed belatedly at her joke and the implied blessing, then turned backward to face the likely curious audience now behind them. "Another Osprey's back home! Even more reason to celebrate!"

Giving his sister a nudge, he let loose a joyous bark and then resumed leading the caravan into the woods, looking left and right to make sure Fox, Lasher and Osprey were beside him and glancing backward to ensure his children and the rest of the pack trotted at his heels.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Even young Osprey sensed something strange about the silence following her father's announcements. Only Ty spoke, asking a question that made Osprey Jr. giggle, peer around her father's leg and whisper sotto voce, "No, dummy, the law is, like... when you gotta do what daddy says." Despite the epithet, she smiled affectionately at Tytonidae.

Peregrine spoke again, causing Osprey to face forward. Presently, he invited them to get the hunt underway. The puppy bounced to her feet, eager to tag along even if she intuited that she and her sisters and brother would be barred from really participating, just as she'd been relegated to the sidelines during Stavanger Bay's pack hunt.

She was evidently tailgating her father because when he stopped, she rammed into his hind legs and bounced backward. Her ears pricked in response to his loud exclamation and she peered around his backside, blinking loudly. When she spotted the vaguely familiar female at Peregrine's fore, her brow furrowed. Aunt Osprey was back? The child felt a vague annoyance at having to share her name and her spotlight, though she was more curious than anything.

Bounding around the Alpha male's legs, Osprey Jr. peered up at her father's sister. "Hey! Daddy told me about you," she said, having only dim memories of the she-wolf herself. "He says you're Osprey One and I'm Osprey Two," she shared, butt waving gently as she began to walk again in tandem with the pack.
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Nobody spoke out against Peregrine, but nobody seemed entirely thrilled by the news either. Fox couldn't help but wonder what all those eyes upon her were thinking, but she knew better than to ask right now. If the others had a problem with her, they would have to come to her personally. Otherwise, she didn't consider them worth her time. Fox knew that fitting into this pack was paramount to her survival, and she would not allow somebody else's uninformed opinions of her to ruin that.

Perry announced that they were to hunt, and Fox's stomach growled in agreement. However, it seemed they had gotten no more than three steps before Perry spotted somebody he had not seen in quite some time. Confused, but unwilling to interrupt her new lover when he seemed so enthralled by this development, Fox hung back and allowed him his reunion with this lady. Fox could (and would) ask the specifics later. For now, she trotted alongside Peregrine, happy to oblige his command.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante listened to Peregrine's last words, taking them to heart. He would not say anything now, for he did not want to keep the hunters, but after he would surely call the dark Alpha for a brief chat. He felt the need for some clarification to set his mind at ease, for currently the turmoil that lay within was a tad uncomfortable. It wasn't worry so much as a slight unease at the precarious tension he felt surrounding him.

At least it would soon be forgotten in the thrill of the hunt. Dante eagerly stood, ready to follow behind and take his place among the hunters. As he walked, he made his way over near where Lasher was. He had hunted with the male before and gave him a friendly nod, eager to participate in a larger group. This was what it truly meant to be a pack wolf.

As they prepared he also took note of new faces, those he had not yet had the chance to meet. In the coming days he would have to seek some of them out... a few of the older members as well. Dante felt as though he had merely scratched the surface when it came to making friends here. If he was going to be a part of it here then he wished to at least know if not make friends with everyone else who made it their home.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Ty giggled when Osprey called her a dummy, even though she would have been hurt if somebody else had said it. Peregrine called for a hunt, and although Tytonidae knew she would not be permitted to participate, she knew that she would be able to watch from afar. But before they got even two or three steps into their journey, her father shouted something about Osprey returning again. Ty rolled her eyes, missing out on the fact that it was a different Osprey all together.

Curious about the red lady her father had decided to make his special friend, Ty sniffed at her hocks, careful to avoid being kicked as they marched forward. While the fox did seem a bit curious as well, Ty was quick to duck back behind her father whenever the grey eyes searched for whoever was tickling her legs. The half-grown DiSarinno was still wary of the newcomer, especially considering how rough she looked, but she was far from frightened or angry.
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
The pack was silent. That was okay for Saēna, who would have been made incredibly uncomfortable by an argument at her celebratory feast, and probably would have slunk away into the shadows. That the pack might have been too scared to voice their collective concerns made no difference to her if they weren't stealing the limelight.

The pack began to move in a group. Saēna bounded toward Peregrine at first, then fell back when she saw the new red-furred female at his side and Tytonidae close behind her. She still hadn't forgiven the starstruck Ty for being a giant liar, so she disdainfully let herself fall behind and eventually chose to stick closer to Hawkeye, somewhere in the middle of the train. She heard Peregrine's voice welcoming back yet another Osprey, but because she had never met Junior's namesake, it was just another stranger being brought into the fold to her, so she was in no rush to seek her aunt.
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye let out small, quiet sigh and stayed where she was, moving slowly as the rest of the wolves has cleared out. No one would question her staying with the kids, and if they did, she would simply say the scratch on her face was giving her a dull headache (which it actually was) and that someone needed to stay with the pups (even if they went off on their own sometimes). She figured she could explain anything the four different colored mini-wolves asked about or had curiosity towards.

The dark female raised her eyebrow at Peregrine's greeting of his sister Hawkeye had noticed her movement, but she wondered why Peregrine was such a hypocrite. If any other wolf had left (save Crete and Atticus), he would have angrily banished them from the lands. He'd probably have a stiff talking to with Crete, but since it was blood, it would be forgiven.

Giving a leer in their direction, the green-eyed she-wolf looked down to see Saēna coming here way. A small smile tugged at her mouth, but sadness and bitterness touched her heart, for Peregrine was the obvious favorite, even though she'd been the one that was a mother to Pied and Kisu's litter. They already had a father, which Peregrine had taken over the role of since he had two of his own.

Once more, Hawkeye stuffed the tension down into her chest. "What's up, kid?" She nudged Saēna gently, sticking her tongue out in a tease.
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Kaihra found herself distracted as Peregrine adjourned the meeting, her mind churning to calculate a plan of her next steps. She would take her time to process Peregrine's news and articulate her suspicions into more than suppressed fears. Then she would raise her concerns - but not to Peregrine. Kaihra did not want second-hand knowledge of another wolf's worth. Though her hardened heart resisted, Kaihra knew she would need to speak with Fox herself. Only once she assessed this fiery she-wolf on her own terms could she judge if she she stood worthy of her new position - if she stood worthy at all.

But for now she would hold her peace as best she could until the hunt was over. Kaihra neither liked nor trusted Peregrine's decision, but she would not lose sight of the loyalty she had sworn to her packmates when she had first joined the wolves of the Plateau. Pack was life, and despite her misgivings of the recent turn of events, she would act for their benefit. Her legs felt stiff as she stood from the ground and she pushed back the wariness that crawled like maggots under her fur. When she realized Peregrine had spoken out again, he had already begun to trot into the forest with his family at his heels.

Kaihra glanced at the faces of those still around her and realized again how little she knew of those she called pack. She felt a flash of heat and, for a fleeting moment, wondered if she could even trust them, but she bit back the thought before it could take root. With a ruffle of her fur, she shook herself back to reality and forced her stubborn legs to move until she fell in place amongst the departing hunters.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu got up slowly and stretched, eyeing a dark furred and yellow-eyed female as he passed her. He pulled up on the other side of Saēna and nodded to Hawkeye. He gave the girl more space than her foster mother, a hint of sadness touching his eyes.

The decisions Peregrine was making were infinitely terrible and rash in Kisu's eyes. His silvery goldenrod orbs searched the crowd, trying to sense what the others were thinking (to no avail). He sighed. It was his duty to be loyal, but he and Pied had broken loyalty when they deemed Horizon Ridge's Alpha to be unfit and a poor leader. Would this pack fall to pieces, too?

The male looked to Hawkeye, who seemed to be the forgotten leader who had brought them all here in the first place ...with Pied at her side.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Silence continued until finally it was broken by Peregrine. He shared more words, inviting everyone to come to him later to share any comments or concerns. Finley had no intention of doing anything of the sort--mostly because she had nothing to say. After all, the faces around her said plenty.

Finley felt excitement prickling along her ebony spine as the pack began to move out to hunt. As a lover of all things action-packed and dangerous, she was eager to head out and show her packmates just what her worth was. She glanced at her doppledanger briefly and turned away haughtily. No doubt he'd be opting to hunt as well. He'd probably tail her the whole time too, just to be a pain in the ass. She looked around at the rest of her packmates to see who else would be coming, but stopped in her tracks when her eyes fell upon one of the more familiar faces.

In a moment, her mind was changed. She glanced a bit mournfully at the others in the pack who were moving out to hunt, but her paws led her in the opposite direction, over to where Hawkeye sat brave-faced, but sad.

"Here's what I'm thinking," Fin said as she dropped to her haunches, "While the rest of the pack goes hunting for dinner, I vote we hunt for something fun to do until they get back. Anyone in?"

</style>

271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
pardon the language

Meetings in his home-pack didn't usually have so much..spice. They were dull and routinary, the same old 'watch out for blah blah' kind of stuff. If these was a regular thin here at the Plateu, Finn would have no troubles settling in. Drama was more fun to watch that to produce. Though it'd be hard to top off : a rise from the death, an expectacular return from the unkown, a fight with a cougar and lets not forget a coming-out-of-the-closet revelation sided with the announcement of a double mateship. Or was it triple?

Either way, the young silver man was surprised no one had voiced any opinions -nor good or bad. After such spectacle, a brawl would not have been rare. Though the faces of those in the crowd were like an open book. According to the prologue, scandalous announcements like this didn't sit well with most of the members..

But ha!
Plot twist! The puppies were not even a bit shocked --or disturbed-- by the fact that their father couldn't make up his mind between chicks or dicks. How in the world does a father explain to their children that sometimes sausages are not for girls only? Finn had no idea --an honestly for a moment he was glad he was not the little ashen pup sitting near the front.

A furtive glance was shot at the fiery female, had she been thrown out of the Creek because her extravagant.. preferences? He couldn't know. But now was not a time to ask, the tension that lingered in the air was so palpable, Finn would've sworn he felt the pressure on his shoulders grow. Though it quickly vanished --or at least faded a bit-- when Peregrine decided it was time to hunt.

The young Ollivander rose to his paws and turned to Finley, his mouth already parting to crack a joke at her; but she had gone the other way. He clamped his jaw shut and trotted on, maybe she was one to hang in the sidelines but Finn would never be. In his mind he was the MVP.

[size=xx-small]MVP - Most Valuable Player[/size]
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he smiled as peregrine greeted a wolfess whom he himself did not recognize, but the delight was palpable on his lover's face. plume waving, he watched as the pack began to trek in search of the hunting-site. dante, he greeted as the silver-eyed male approached. a gentle look was given the man, and he fell into step with the gamma comfortably, pleased at the other's presence.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I'm sorry I don't have time to read over all the replies

Blue strode quickly following Peregrine and the others. She was worried about Atticus unsure where he was and what he was doing. She had seen her father and she was pleased that he was doing well, she worried about him hunting though. She tilted her head and looked around wondering how well they would do, they were a large pack and growing by the day, she hoped it would work and not be chaotic.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I kept the details vague so that you may choose where your characters go. :)

The pack did not go very far before Peregrine stopped in a small copse, then wordlessly motioned for those who did not wish to participate to hang back. Gesturing for the rest to follow, the Alpha male led the way through the trees, heading about a quarter of a mile deeper into the territory, toward an area where the plateau's namesake deer herd frequently grazed on a small, open, grassy plain.

Without ever speaking a word, Peregrine split the larger group into three smaller hunting parties. One he directed to the left, the other to the right. They would arc around either side of the herd and wait in the wings just beyond the plain's furthest edge. Then there was the group that would attack the herd, forcing them into the woods to be ambushed. As leader of the hunt, the Alpha male stayed with this group.

Ready, he thought, his body language clearly conveying his intentions. Set. His legs coiled like a jaguar's. Go! With a loud growl, he broke into a gallop, breaking through the tree line and driving toward the herd, which began to scatter across the meadow and toward the trees where the rest of the hunters lay in wait.
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
I'm taking a few liberties here with timing and stuff, hope no one minds.

<style type="text/css">.saena {line-height:1.7em;} .saena q {color:#2592B7; font:13px Georgia; font-weight:bold;}</style>
She trailed along with the adults she had grown to trust and Kisu, whom she trusted in a different manner. Her unease about what he'd told her kept her from showing much affection, but he was still an influential figure in her young life, so she didn't show him any disdain, either. He was neutral for the time being, a sad fact which, for all the damage it did to his poor old heart, was lost on Saēna.

The pack came to a small clearing, where the Alpha gestured for them to stay behind. Despite this direct order, Saēna continued trailing after the pack even after Finley and Hawkeye separated themselves. It was not her intent to sit here where she would be blind to the happenings of the hunt—she would watch and she would learn, as any growing wolf pup should. She only turned back when some adult aimed a pointed growl at her, and even then it was regretfully.

She sought Hawkeye out then, receiving her foster mother's nudge with a grin. I had a weird dream, she began, but trailed off when Finley drew nearer and suggested they hunt for something fun. Ever a child despite her thirst for knowledge, Saēna's tail began to wave excitedly as she chimed in with a boisterous, yeah!