Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Backdated to 8/31.

On this final day of meteorological summer, Towhee wandered in search of her brother, @Phox. He wasn't at the rendezvous site (where the kids were having a debate of some sort), nor at the pass. She threaded down a familiar game trail, determined to hunt down her fellow Kilonova. She still hadn't had the chance to float her suggestion about a Fusor past him and with every passing day, she felt more and more sure of her choice for their second-in-command.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Juuuust gonna sneak on in here real quick, if you don't mind!

How long had it been seen he'd seen Towhee? Weeks? Years? Decades. Yes decades, or so it felt. The time was upon him to find Towhee and speak with her once more. Not of feelings or the past, but of the future. He wanted no more murky water, he was, for the most part, over the rejection. He still held feelings for her but they were being tucked away. It was time to move on.

It wasn't long before he saw her, though he wasn't sure she saw him. Which ever the case he was to make first contact. Rye sort of felt like he was going to try to speak to an alien, nerves and worry picked at his confidence. He pushed through it, unwilling to let another week pass. He trotted up near her, making attempts at getting her attention. Hopefully she would catch what he said, "Hey, long time no see." He opened with a his Rye smile, "How have you been?" Was that too direct? Would Towhee go along with it? Rye was sure sue would but then again, surprises are called surprises for a reason.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
What even is writing?

Phox was checking on caches (as he did often). Their hunts had been rather sparse lately, and their stores were running a bit lower than he would have liked. He frowned at the thought of sparse food now that summer was starting to wind down, but he knew they'd still have plenty of time to stock up before the cold came around. The familiar sound of Towhee's footfalls caught his attention, and he looked back just in time to see Rye approach her with a greeting.

-Hey y'all,- he greeted, nodding to both of them in a friendly manner.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Just seconds before she finally located her brother, Rye meandered into view. Towhee was a little surprised to see him, yet happy nonetheless. Her tail waved as he greeted her and, despite a sense of awkwardness, she felt hopeful. He addressed her like a good friend would, which meant a lot to the Kilonova.

-"Too long,"- she agreed with an understanding smile. -"I'm all right,"- she added and meant to bounce the question back at him but Towhee turned her head to acknowledge Phox. The two of them kept so busy lately, they hadn't exchanged more than general small talk in a while.

For this reason, Towhee let out a breath and decided to just throw it out there while she had the chance. -"I wanted to talk to you about making Rue our Beta,"- she said to Phox, lips curling as she amended, -"Or I should say our Fusor, right?"- She glanced over at Rye, not minding that he was here for this, and tossed him another friendly smile to reassure him he wasn't intruding.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye didn't know Towhee was after her brother to talk business, there was no room for him there at the moment, so he excused himself a walked off. Perhaps he and her could have a brief chat another time.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Towhee took the lead, and Rye skulked off. Phox blinked in his direction, but if anything was amiss with Rye, he wasn't about to poke the bear to find out what it was. Instead, he turned his attention back to his sister and fellow Kilonova. Ruenna had been a good asset to them, but something about the suggestion felt like he'd have to give up some amount of control. When he had structured the grove, he had made room for additional leaders, but did they need any right now? Was promoting her into that spot the right thing to do? He chewed his tongue for a moment, weighing the two options (promoting or not promoting).

It would allow him to spend more time with the kids, something he always wanted more of, so maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all. -I'm down for that, provided she decides to accept,- he replied after a few moments of silence.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Despite her inclusive smile, Rye excused himself and left. Towhee said nothing, watching him go, before turning her full attention back to Phox. She could sense a hesitant thoughtfulness about him and wondered what misgivings he might have. But her brother didn't mention anything, eventually saying that he agreed with her choice.

-"We could take our time, assess her a bit more,"- Towhee offered, still thinking of that look of consternation she'd spotted in her co-leader's eye. -"Then formally ask her if we're still in agreement in few weeks from now."- Truthfully, she thought Rue was worthy now, though she wanted to be on the same page with Phox about it and didn't think a few more weeks would hurt. If anything, it would give the Fusor-to-be more time to prove her fealty and loyalty.

Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox couldn't imagine not being in agreement about it, considering how much he and Towhee tended to agree on things, but he nodded anyway. A few more weeks wasn't a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, and it would give him time to observe Ruenna in a new light. He already liked her, but there was something decidedly different about how he would reflect on her actions now.

-Any idea what was up with Rye?- he asked, turning his head in the direction that the guy had walked off to. Phox didn't know him terribly well, but he'd seemed to have a "thing" for Towhee. Maybe he just wasn't sure about being around her brother or something weird like that.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
That settled the matter, for now. When Phox brought up Rye's behavior, Towhee looked in the direction their subordinate had gone, then shrugged and faced her brother again. -"Dunno. Rye's a weirdie,"- Towhee said, albeit with a fondness in her orange gaze and a smile tugging at the corner of her mouth.

Happy to discuss less official things, she wriggled her nose and asked, -"Were you aware that Fig and Fen are having a heated discussion about whether farts are visible?"- Towhee laughed aloud. She was 99% sure their daughter was pulling her brother's leg for the sake of (playful) argument but it was a funny thought nonetheless. -"Wanna go break it up by farting on them both?"- she proposed, which was way more fun than discussing leadership candidates (no offense to Rue, of course).

Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
He was happy to leave it at that. Towhee spoke of Fig and Fenn next, and he chuckled at the conversation she'd overheard. -Lead the way, fartmeister.- To punctuate his statement, he gave a little toot of his own.
player preferences