Swiftcurrent Creek Fight it, take the pain, ignite it
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
All Welcome 

He moved along the borders on his usual patrol route. The sun had set hours ago, leaving a chill to settle over the creek. Winter would be here in no time, and the thought greatly worried The alpha. How would they keep everyone fed through the cold season? His hope was that they managed to bring in some lone wolves as the weather grew colder. But what if they didn't? He wouldn't lose anymore children; he would not let that happen. 

He stopped to inspect a tall, robust fir tree that stood like a silent sentinel on the borders. It was a tree he marked many time before this. His scent had faded some, so he freshened it and began walking again. The night had been quiet so far. He was jealous of the trees' silence; he wished his own mind was the same way, but it never was.
I'm no good without you
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He was tending to his garden. Currently, he was planting some bulbs. Digging a hole just over his ankle and dropping it in. There, it would sit until spring where it will shoot up. He wasn't certain on the name, but the plant it grew helped fix ailments brought on by the winter. 

His head lifted, noting Kavik on his patrol. The herbalist hadn't spoken to the man for some time and thought now would be well enough. He covered the bulb and caught up with the man with a soft chuff.
"How's time been, friend?" He smiled softly, hoping all was well with the leader.
.。.:* ☆:**:.                                "Language of the Stars" "Common"                               .:**:.☆*.:。.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He was soon joined by their healer, and Kavik dipped his head in greeting to the man. He slowed to let him catch up but continued his patrol, unwilling to stop moving and give his mind more time to torment him. A frown drew his brows together at the Shaman's question. Not well, Sherigrim, he answered truthfully. Now was hardly the time for spurious remarks meant to instill some kind of false security. Things were precarious, and he would be doing his packmate a serious disservice if he tried to hide it. Although, he figured it was fairly obvious regardless. I'm worried about the winter and whether we'll survive it, he added grimly. It was easier to admit such things to the other man than it had been to confide in Alessia or Rosalie; with them, he felt like he needed to be the strong one, but for some reason, with the healer, the Alpha felt like he could be bluntly honest.
I'm no good without you
cornflower
73 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Kavik was worried. Sheri was too, looking at the situation. He was no hunter, they needed big game. There were many hungry mouths to keep fed and warm...he could look after them well enough and surely he can try to hunt. 
He'd have to. Find his strengths and use them to feed them.

"Everyone feels it on the verge of winter. But I know that it's going to be bad this year." Sheri had hope and faith in Swiftcurrent. They had to work together. There was no question about it.
""I will ensure we all survive it." There wasn't much the man could do about starvation, but he could keep hunger pangs from himself and the youths can eat most of his share. He only needed enough to function...he had enough fur and bulk.

They needed hunters.
"I will try and find someone to help with our hunts, unless we could ask favours from allies?" It was common for packs to unite to hunt in winter months. They would survive.
.。.:* ☆:**:.                                "Language of the Stars" "Common"                               .:**:.☆*.:。.