Whitefish River And you know you're never sure, but you're sure you could be right
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
All Welcome 
He wasn't sure if he was actually supposed to be outside the den by himself, but everyone was sleeping, and he was so very bored. So he made the long, dark trek through the caves, using the beam of sunlight in the distance as a guiding beacon. 

Once outside, he wasn't quite sure what to do. Everything was so bright, and there were so many scents that he didn't know where to go first. He settled for the grey, furry creature that scurried up the tree to his left. Acheron trotted over and stared up at the browning leaves, releasing a tiny yip at the animal. It looked like a toy, and he wanted to inspect it.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Eve still dislikes the cave a lot, he isn’t sure why Speedy decided to torment him with it—he knows she doesn’t mean it, especially since the bearish Count would never admit his fear out-loud. So when he nears it, he is in luck today, for little Ron Stoppable is making his presence known Outside.

Round ears twitch at the yip, and immediately Evergreen scurries over towards him—interested in what the little guy found, and very worried. Mama bear-like. Hey, kiddo… what are you up to?
Working on wrapping up current threads!
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
LOL

He didn't notice the man's arrival at first, way too focused on the very elusive creature staring down at him mockingly from where it sat on a branch. The Count's words made him jump a little, but he tried to cover it up by lowering himself from the tree and turning to the large man. I want that, he exclaimed, pointing his little freckled nose back at the animal still perched in the tree. Adults usually gave him things when he asked, so he thought it was his best bet to ask for this now. Then he resumed his previous position, standing on his hind legs to rest his paws on the trunk and stare longingly at the out of reach animal.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Oh, a squirrel. Wow, he isn’t expecting to hear such a demand from a kid of Speedy’s though—the Count assumes they would have taken the sweet nature of their mother. It seems like it is all a learning curve, however.

You gotta ask nicely for things you’d like, the bearish wolf reminds gently, giving Acheron a soft smile. But, uh, I think you’re out of luck there, bud. They’re speedy buggers and we can’t climb like they can. Maybe Thistle would’ve been able to, but Eve sure as hell can’t.
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
His eyebrows drew together, and he studied the Count curiously for a few moments. Ask nicely? Mom had said that to him a few times, but he still failed to understand what exactly was not nice about the way he asked for things. But like all the times before, he chose to contemplate it silently rather than ask. Maybe one day he would ask mom or dad to explain. Today, though, he was more interested in the toy still annoyingly in the tree.

Climb, he repeated. Then he glanced from Evergreen to the toy and then back again. Why not? he asked, frustration wrinkling his little freckled face. Whatever climbing was, he wondered why an adult couldn't do it.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Well shit, how do you explain that to a kid? Eve wishes his mother were here, she would know what to do. Or maybe Speedy would. All mothers seem to have all of the answers, to be honest.

Uh, well, uhm… He looks down at his paws, then to the tree, and back to Acheron. You saw how he moved up the tree, right? That’s… climbing, and their legs are made to climb, unlike us.

What if Acheron tried to prove them all wrong and became a climber? Eve really wouldn’t know how to explain that to Speedy.
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
Acheron was unimpressed with that answer. When he wanted something, it was hard to dissuade him. He stared at the giant man for a few moments, his expression serious as he considered what to do. Then he trotted over to the tree and placed his tiny front paws on the trunk and proceeded to jump up and down against the tree. He would catch that toy and he would do whatever this climbing was. Maybe the big man couldn't do it, but Acheron wasn't that much bigger than the toy. Over and over he jumped until he tripped on one of the roots and fell back on his hind end with a thud. The freckled pup sat there stunned for a few minutes before getting back to his feet. He looked to the giant again. Evegeen, I almost climbed, he said, his eyebrows lifting in surprise at his own accomplishment.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Oh no, it's getting worse. Anything the bearish Count seems to say goes in one ear and out the other. Acheron certainly retains the information he deems important, but... the whole point was to inform that no matter the attempts, it is, indeed, impossible. The target even seems to have long gone, scampering off to another perch away from the wolves.

Eve tenses, watching carefully as the pup bounces until he ends up taking a tumble. Worry immediately takes over, and the Count rushes forth, shocked when the boy seems more pleased that he nearly climbed (not really) than falling. Uhm... yeah, are... are you alright though? Eve's brows furrow and he searches him over for injuries.
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
The question made his freckled face scrunch up in confusion, paired with a tilt of his head. Uh hu, Acheron answered after a few seconds of staring up at the giant still wearing a perplexed expression. Why wouldn't he be okay? He had almost climbed. He stood up, stumbling to the side a bit despite his assurance that he was okay and then scrambled back to the base of the tree. He peered up to the branches, dark blue eyes scanning the spot where the creature had been before scanning all the adjacent spots. But he found nothing. He sat back, his expression shifting to frustration as he looked back to the Count. Where is it? he asked, pouting pretty dramatically. He really wanted that toy.