Stone Circle starlight, starbright
201 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Leta adored hanging out with her brothers. She often hung back and observed, and participated in conversation when prompted, but as of late she was keen to do more and learn, too. The interests of her brothers interested her by proxy because she loved them, and she wanted to be helpful. The mocha cub remembered her brothers wish, and today, the helpful Leta wanted to help him make it come true.

She had been thinking about it a lot, and so Leta thought of something that had always fascinated her. Leta carried in her mouth several feathers she had found that birds had left behind, gifts she had decided to give to @West Tyree when she found him. It was the night sky that brought her this idea as a bird streaked across it rather than a star, and she watched as a feather spiraled downward. Anything to do with the sky, Leta found interest in—it might not be the same for her brother, but maybe it would.

West maybe?!?!?!
The young boy was laying near the stone circle, his gaze watching the heard of bison below. He had seen his mom watching the herds a few times, he wasn't really sure why or what good it did, but he thought maybe he could help too! For some reason they seemed more anxious than usual, maybe the ground rumbling scared them.

In all honesty, it kinda spooked him too. They never did get a real answer as to why the Earth was upset. Maybe Leta was right and it was the bison, but if that was true why were they so on edge? If only he were as smart as Newt, maybe he'd be able to put together the pieces.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
201 Posts
Ooc —
When she saw him, Leta scampered up to him with a wave of her tail, mouth still full of feathers. She called for him, but her voice was still muffled, and so decided against hollering again as the feathers lay awkwardly on her tongue (she did not bite them, not wanting to compromise their integrity). But she was at his side quickly enough, and deposited these many feathers to the ground. 

I brought these for you! She said, a little breathless, wagging her tail and nosing them closer to him with a smile. What do you think? Leta inquired with a tilt of her head, and then her gaze followed his own. The bison! ...are they... bein' noisy today...? Leta, too, wondered, though perhaps not as much as her brothers. It was an unsettling feeling, though, that she now remembered.
For him? The boy stared down at the feathers confused. What was he supposed to do with them? Something about them made him feel happy though, perhaps it was just the fact that Leta had brought him a gift. They're pretty!

His sister turned her attention to the grazing beasts. He couldn't help but laugh at her question, they weren't often that noisy really. Nah, kinda just eatin'. I've seen Mom stare at them so I figured it was important to watch them. I don't know why though, they kinda just wander to different corners of the fields.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta's tail wagged as he said he thought they were pretty. They came from the sky! Well, birds, but, I thought you might like them, Leta said with a smile, and her eyes moved back to the assortment of them she had found. This one I just found, she pointed toward a feather that had come from a larger avian creature—perhaps a vulture—and said, I dunno what kinda bird it came from but, it's big, she thought it was kind of cool, and wondered if he might too. She liked stars more than birds, but she liked to find things too. 

So, they weren't making much noise. I guess they're not making the earth move then, she realized, frowning. And at his other observation, Leta smiled. Yeah, it is a little boring, she agreed; the two of them were still children without much patience to search prey for signs of weakness yet. 

...Wanna find more feathers??? she suggested, and then realizing she should take what the wanted to do seriously, she also offered, or I could sit with you and we can watch together and see if we see anything else they do? Whatever he wanted, she wanted too; Leta was a big supporter of all of her brothers, quiet and timid though she could be.
Ah, now it made sense. Leta always had a fascination with anything involving the sky. He supposed feathers fell under that category too since birds could fly. He spread them out looking to the big one Leta mentioned. I don't know a lot of birds. Maybe a goose? They could be big, but he never really inspected feathers.

He looked back to the lumbering beasts in the distance. They really weren't moving enough for the quakes, even if they were charging there wasn't enough for the ground to shake the way it had been. He only offered a hum in agreement before standing.

Yeah we can look! I could use a walk anyways, I've been sitting here all day.