Blackfeather Woods The 9th degree
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
All Welcome 
@Black Hat  idk if you wanna join in this? @Maegi @Jakoul hes just here to ask if anyone knows info on the BWP

Every time he had tried to head out to find information he either got called back or the tremors scared him senseless and he chose to stay in the woods. He had finally managed to summon the courage to leave and after travelling through some serious earthquakes and avoiding falling trees he finally smelled the first sign of another pack. His tail gave a quick wag as he sniffed the borders, smelling how many members they had and howling for the presence of their leaders. He didn't think about how his youthful voice would sound weird hailing the leaders in such a manner as if he were already grown but even he had he wouldn't have cared.
3/10 mastery
you are an artist and your heart is your masterpiece
46 Posts
Ooc —
Cameo only unless noticed or addressed, just tag me if he is!

The world was shaking. It began not long after they returned to the woods from their journey to find Sobek. Every now and again, the earth would rumble ominously, lightly shaking the canopy and sending the crows and ravens into frenzied flights. Anansi would always pause during these episodes, perking his ears and scanning the ground, but nothing ever seemed to come of it. The earth roared and then fell silent. He assumed it meant the daedra were playing in the woods and thought nothing more of it.

The tremors got worse, soon growing strong enough to fell some of the less stable trees in the woods. Anansi continued to think nothing of it; surely the daedra would not destroy their sacred forest, and being a Melonii, he had nothing to fear from them.

What he did have to fear was strangers. The feeling that swept through him when a howl sounded not twenty feet from his present position wasn't quite fear, though, but more a kind of anti-social and anxious dread. Instantly the pale boy crouched where he was, peering slowly around him. Valour and any guardians who might be accompanying him were hidden from view by the dense trees clustered near the forest's outer edge; after several long beats, Anansi began to creep toward them, hoping to catch a glimpse of them while remaining hidden himself.
Thread titles from I'll Keep You Safe by Sleeping At Last.
THIS WHOLE WORLD IS ENDING, A NEW ONE BEGINS
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
She was troubled as of late. A missing Decima, the low rumbles of the earth, new faces coming and going. There was so much to do. What had awaken in the wolves when the earth had woke too?

The Morta was given no time to dwell on it as she was met with sound a howl. A frustrated rumble built in her chest as she pushed herself onto long legs. It was unusal for her to do such but she took her time for a few beats, enjoying the silence of the woods before she met whichever stranger stood upon their doorstep today.

It was a mere child that stood there — and should they have any guardians she could spot them right away. Her tail lifted ever so slightly to signify her position as she gazed down upon him. What need?
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Valour had waited for quite some time and he had sworn he caught a flicker or two of movement growing closer amidst the shrubbery and tree which he had begun to focus on tracking before another form approached more quickly. It was a woman and she quickly took on the posture of someone in charge. He took a polite step back and flattened his ears, tail wiggling low to show he wasnt a threat to her or her home. He quickly searched for the thing he swore was nearby before returning his attention to her "my name is Valour. I have been travelling through the tremors with family and I am helping try to get us through them, I was hoping you had some useful information to share and I'll be off, no trouble. " he lied with ease, his proud voice sounding genuine enough to pass as him being a simply adventurous pup. He wasnt sure if giving the Nightwalker's whereabouts when they were still settling and figuring out the tremors was a good idea and it felt wrong to do so, so he didn't figure taking a chance at a lie would be wrong.

Poor Jakoul omg. She got a mouthful
3/10 mastery
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
She blinked slowly, almost absent mindly as the boy rushed through words. She had half a mind to snap at him and tell him to slow down. The other half, the softer more understanding half, knew it was not his fault. She had apparently not been braced for the world outside of home. She would have thought it a disability had she not managed to stand where she did today — leading a pack, healthy, in a rather nice home.

So she sucked in a deep breath and tried to not let the tiredness get to her.

No. She rumbled with a dissatisfied tone. Not know. The punishment from the earth seemed random, no rhyme or reason. There was something she was curious about though. The boy said he had been traveling through with family but...where were they? Why had they sent such a young child out to do work? Especially in such a troubling time. Family...where? Her brows pinched together firmly as she awaited an answer form the boy.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Valour scowled his expression dissolving into troubled thought as her answer shook him. He blinked slowly and seemed to space out as he wondered how bad it had been here. Or if perhaps they were to be struck next. His eyes widened and his fur bristled "my family is all working together. My mom and pop headed north and south and my sister the opposite of me. We know how to mark a small trail to find our way back. we agreed to meet in a few days. How badly has it been here? A day's travel back it had hit pretty hard, trees fell and I heard the ground crack in the distance" he felt it was only fair to slowly explain as close to a truth as he could muster, pretending his father had never died and had been healthy enough to come back and lead them somewhere safer. He was concerned enough about their own pack's well being that he gave his own information, telling how hard it hit in some places.
3/10 mastery
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
So they had left the boy, and a sister of his, and split in different directions. A scowl swept across her face as a protest danced on her tongue but wasn't spoken. How stupid! The ground was shaking, earth was giving way to dangerous situations, and this family had decided to break apart! She so desperately wished to scold this boy and usher him off back to his family.

Trees down. She rumbled lowly in response. The weaker of the Woods' trees had succumbed to the fate of the earth here and there. If the land had cracked open here, she hadn't seen it or heard it yet. Not safe. It was more of a warning than it was a passing of information.

Instinct told her to start herding the boy elsewhere, back to his family or somewhere safer, but she waited patiently for what else he might wish to share.
little vague about the condition of the woods x:
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
"It sounds like it hasn't hit here any harder...or maybe not yet" He said and his eyes widened as he began to back away from the borders the beginning of an idea beginning to hit him. "Thank you ma'am. Be careful, maybe move away on a pack trip or somethin' for a while" He said and then turned to run off feeling the need to get back to Vengeance as soon as possible but also needing to check something.
3/10 mastery
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
"...move away..."

A sharp frown dug into her features, not speaking as the boy departed from the borders of Blackfeather. The whole thing left her only feeling further agitated with the state of everything. She desired to work out her frustrations on a patrol or perhaps hunt and so as she departed she spotted a young child of their own. @Anansi. Assuming the boy wasn't about to slink off back into the woods, she offered a soft chuff. Come? She invited him with a small wave of her muzzle. Perhaps he would desire a little adventure around the Woods or even hunting any silly prey still lingering.
open offer for Anansi, no pressure to accept <3
you are an artist and your heart is your masterpiece
46 Posts
Ooc —
The exchange was boring, if informative. The boy and his guard shared that the world all around was shaking and suggested to Jakoul that they all leave on some kind of vacation. Anansi's brow furrowed in the shadows; they couldn't leave Blackfeather Woods. If ena was right about the daedra, they favoured this place more than any other. Surely that meant they were perfectly safe. Small trees falling was no big deal.

And Cassiopeia had died. That was definitely unfortunate and frightening to the young boy, but … she wasn't a Melonii. The daedra would never kill a Melonii, so he had nothing to fear.

The strangers headed off and Jakoul spotted him on her way past. Anansi straightened up, looking sheepishly at the Morta, but she didn't reprimand him for spying. She invited him to go with her instead. Part of him wanted to go off and do his own thing, shy and unfamiliar with her as he was, but he recognized an opportunity to get to know her better. So he agreed with a quiet, yeah, and fell into step behind her, following obediently along with whatever it was she had planned.
Thread titles from I'll Keep You Safe by Sleeping At Last.